You can't watch these highlights and tell me you don't see Josh Dobbs...

You guys get fooled by single seasons so much. The Rams are gonna come crashing back down next season.

Hypocrite! You call a guy's rookie season proof he will be a first ballot hall member and he didn't even finish the season strong yet you want to tell us we are fooled by a single season. Stop contradicting yourself!

No he didn't. He just had twice the carries Alvin did. Alvin scored more TDs. Alvin also had more all-purpose yards. And even with that huge disadvantage in touches, Alvin had only 200 yards less from scrimmage (Hunt's only advantage on the season).

There's a reason Alvin had 2nd team All-Pro while Kareem Hunt didn't.

Alvin had the better season by a long shot.

Dude, he did it as a feature back. And he finished strong unlike AK who averaged 3.4 YPC over his last 5 games. And don't throw all-purpose yards out there, that includes a boat load of return yards which any team featuring a back in the NFL ain't throwing the guy back there to return kicks. Until he becomes a feature back, the hall of fame is still not even in the discussion.

Answer this (you haven't before and keep dodging it so I will try again) .. what is on your resume that makes you such a great judge of talent? Anything? Former scout? Former HS/College coach? What is it? Or still just a fanboy?

So you are saying 1 season determines who the better player is?

You're clearly twisting my words. My whole "stats determine the better player" is over their career with career averages! Nice try though. You literally bolded one sentence yet ignored the sentence that followed it up.

Keep trying to turn the tables bro.

Terrell Davis had more rushing yards per game, over his career, than Adrian Peterson. Is he a better player?

Davis and Clinton Portis both had better "career averages" in that way than Le'Veon Bell. Edgerrin James and Arian Foster had more than Emmitt Smith and LT. "Definitely" better players? You tell me.

And it's a flawed crutch argument anyway that Brees leaving will kill Kamara's stats. He's a great player and they could easily run more. Russell Wilson was said to be reliant on rushing production from Marshawn Lynch; how much have his numbers declined since Lynch left?

I could argue that Cam will run less as he ages, has relied heavily on his running ability and isn't a great passer, and therefore won't be leading great offenses.

I could argue that Kamara got 97.1 yards per game and CMC got 67.9, and that 30-yard gap isn't going to just disappear because Brees left.

Probably most importantly, I could argue that while both are elusive, Kamara has actual power to run over people and CMC doesn't, making Kamara much, much, much better suited to run between the tackles and even break tackles out in space as well.

Last edited:
Terrell Davis had more rushing yards per game, over his career, than Adrian Peterson. Is he a better player?

Davis and Clinton Portis both had better "career averages" in that way than Le'Veon Bell. Edgerrin James and Arian Foster had more than Emmitt Smith and LT. "Definitely" better players? You tell me.

Terrell Davis is definitely a better career running back than AP would ever be.

Anyway, I love how your argument has shifted from twisting my words to now comparing current players who's careers are far from over to players who have been out of the league for almost 5 years or longer.

That's how you know you are winning an argument right?

And it's a flawed crutch argument anyway that Brees leaving will kill Kamara's stats. He's a great player and they could easily run more. Russell Wilson was said to be reliant on rushing production from Marshawn Lynch; how much have his numbers declined since Lynch left?

I could argue that Cam will run less as he ages, has relied heavily on his running ability and isn't a great passer, and therefore won't be leading great offenses.

I could argue that Kamara got 97.1 yards per game and CMC got 67.9, and that 30-yard gap isn't going to just disappear because Brees left.

Probably most importantly, I could argue that while both are elusive, Kamara has actual power to run over people and CMC doesn't, making Kamara much, much, much better suited to run between the tackles and even break tackles out in space as well.

QB's don't have to have good running backs to help them. However, runningbacks need great QB's to have any success.

The fact you think Kamara's, or Ingram's for that matter, wouldn't drop the minute Brees leaves just shows how childish you are.

Please tell me what year Chase Daniels will win the MVP since you know it all. I want to place some early bets.

Terrell Davis is definitely a better career running back than AP would ever be.

Anyway, I love how your argument has shifted from twisting my words to now comparing current players who's careers are far from over to players who have been out of the league for almost 5 years or longer.

That's how you know you are winning an argument right?

What team are Edgerrin James, Arian Foster, Emmitt Smith and LaDainian Tomlinson playing for? Did I miss something?

Anyway, we will apparently have to agree to disagree if you think Terrell Davis is the third-best RB of all time, with Clinton Portis 7th. "Career averages" and all.

QB's don't have to have good running backs to help them. However, runningbacks need great QB's to have any success.

The fact you think Kamara's, or Ingram's for that matter, wouldn't drop the minute Brees leaves just shows how childish you are.

Please tell me what year Chase Daniels will win the MVP since you know it all. I want to place some early bets.

That would have absolutely nothing to do with being childish, you're just throwing out words because it's easier than making arguments.

Who was Peterson's QB when he rushed for 2,000 yards? (Answer: Christian Ponder)
Who was Chris Johnson's when he did? (Vince Young)
Who was Jamal Lewis's? Anthony Wright?

Like I said, it's a lazy crutch argument. You can use the same argument in either direction: it'll help rushing stats because they'll run more, or hurt them because the offense will be worse. Both have happened. Pretending it's always one or the other is what's "childish."

Dude, he did it as a feature back. And he finished strong unlike AK who averaged 3.4 YPC over his last 5 games. And don't throw all-purpose yards out there, that includes a boat load of return yards which any team featuring a back in the NFL ain't throwing the guy back there to return kicks. Until he becomes a feature back, the hall of fame is still not even in the discussion.

I do want to be clear that just because he (Kamara) hasn't doesn't mean he can't/won't but you are correct. Kamara had more YFS receiving as running. From a production standpoint one could actually argue Kamara wasn't a RB as all but a receiver/returner that also took a lot of snaps out of the backfield. Kamara's total yards look like this:

43% receiving
38% rushing
18% kor

Alvin's clearly a talented multi-tasker. The issue with "you know who" is he carries on as though Alvin's been established as a premiere front line rusher. He hasn't...not yet anyway...and he looks quite the fool when he tries to make comparisons to those whose primary mission is high volume ground carries.

I do want to be clear that just because he (Kamara) hasn't doesn't mean he can't/won't but you are correct. Kamara had more YFS receiving as running. From a production standpoint one could actually argue Kamara wasn't a RB as all but a receiver/returner that also took a lot of snaps out of the backfield. Kamara's total yards look like this:

43% receiving
38% rushing
18% kor

Alvin's clearly a talented multi-tasker. The issue with "you know who" is he carries on as though Alvin's been established as a premiere front line rusher. He hasn't...not yet anyway...and he looks quite the fool when he tries to make comparisons to those whose primary mission is high volume ground carries.

Great post .. and great info. AK is very talented but I have seen "you know who" make claims like he was the best RB in the draft (false) and he was the best offensive player in the NFL this year (false) and a future first ballot hall of famer (waaaay too early for that talk).

I've known about AK's talent level for a LONG time but a certain someone pushes it far beyond what it is just to try to make himself look good despite not realizing he was better than Hurd from day one.

7 sacks is not a lot considering he's not in the top 40 players in terms of number of sacks. Garrett is an injury prone kid and is not a generational talent.

Averaging less than 1 sack per game is nothing to brag home about. Garrett wasn't even the best defensive lineman in the draft.

Its a ton for only playing really in 9 games. Had few snaps in the other two games....which was 3 more than anyone else on his team and top 40 in the league. There are some issues with his durability, but the guys natural talent and measurable are generational.

7 sacks in 11 games is not less than 1 sack per game....

How isn't it? Am I missing something?

But his point is stupid, there is 1 player who averaged 1 sack per game this year and not terribly many who have done it in the history of the NFL.

Reactions: 1 person
How isn't it? Am I missing something?

But his point is stupid, there is 1 player who averaged 1 sack per game this year and not terribly many who have done it in the history of the NFL.

Lol I was thinking 0.5. No rookie in history has gotten 16 sacks, Julius Peppers may have gotten 1 per game but I can't think of any other rookie

VN Store

Back