You can't watch these highlights and tell me you don't see Josh Dobbs...

The Saints looked "lost" last year and the previous few years because they lacked a defense with a pulse, boy wonder.

Out of curiosity I looked this up and the previous 5 years the Saints offense has averaged #2 in the league. They were #2 this year. On the defensive side they averaged 25th. (actually outside the crazy anomaly of 2013 where they finished 4th their average was 30th) This year was 17th.

Out of curiosity I looked this up and the previous 5 years the Saints offense has averaged #2 in the league. They were #2 this year. On the defensive side they averaged 25th. (actually outside the crazy anomaly of 2013 where they finished 4th their average was 30th) This year was 17th.

Don't tell D4H that, he "predicted" this all in the Spring, if their defense sucks again next year which is not at all unlikely they will lose several games again. The offense has never been their problem and it is no surprise Kamara has done well there.

How many "generational" players have you labeled with that esteemed title in the last several years? The Saints looked "lost" last year and the previous few years because they lacked a defense with a pulse, boy wonder. Their offense has never been a real issue but when your defense consistently ranked around 30th it costs a team several games but I am sure you already knew that.

It also helps that the Saints have spent the last few seasons putting together a better run-blocking offensive line. Sean Payton's a pretty bright guy, and even though Drew Brees is still pretty awesome, Payton knew that he needed to take some of the pressure off his aging QB's arm. Credit the Saints for using Kamara properly. But Kamara found himself in the perfect position. This focus on the run helped Mark Ingram have the best season of his career.

Speaking of Ingram:

Back in August, D4H and I had this little exchange as to who was more expendable between Ingram and the recently signed Adrian Peterson...

D4H: I expect Mark Ingram to be traded or take the backseat to AP and Alvin.

Adrian Peterson will be the Saints #1 RB. While Alvin will be the 3rd down specialty back.

I think Alvin's role will be clear cut. Its AP and Ingram that will have to split carries.

BW: If Kamara shows himself to be a capable 2nd option, then Peterson's contract makes him easier to cut or trade than Ingram. Much easier.

D4H: Peterson even at 32 years old is significantly more talented than Ingram. As long as he's healthy, the Saints won't cut him. The guy with the least talent is Ingram. He'll be the first to be moved (if anyone does get moved).

BW: While it's certainly not fair to judge Peterson by the 40 or so carries he got before going down last year, he didn't exactly look great before injury.

But, judging Ingram's most recent full season against AP's, Ingram was way more efficient, which is critical in the Saint's style of offense. And he's a much more productive receiver, which, again, is critical in that offense.

Another one of D4H's predictions that has aged like the finest of wines.

It also helps that the Saints have spent the last few seasons putting together a better run-blocking offensive line. Sean Payton's a pretty bright guy, and even though Drew Brees is still pretty awesome, Payton knew that he needed to take some of the pressure off his aging QB's arm. Credit the Saints for using Kamara properly. But Kamara found himself in the perfect position. This focus on the run helped Mark Ingram have the best season of his career.

Speaking of Ingram:

Back in August, D4H and I had this little exchange as to who was more expendable between Ingram and the recently signed Adrian Peterson...

Another one of D4H's predictions that has aged like the finest of wines.

While I appreciate the dive into his posting madness, his predictions age more like milk than wine

While I appreciate the dive into his posting madness, his predictions age more like milk than wine

Depends on how you look at it. I enjoy fine wine, and I enjoy D4H's predictions. Both require a little patience, but the patience almost always pays off.

That's a nice way of saying "I make up new bs when my first guess was completely wrong".

So you don't believe players get better?

If you give me 2015 tape of Kamara I never say he's the next Marshall Faulk. You give me 2015 tape of Kahlil McKenzie I say he's a bust.

You give me 2016 tape of Kamara, I say he's the next Marshall Faulk and if you give me 2017 tape of Kahlil McKenzie, I say he's got a chance to be a successful NFL player.

As long as you make the proper evaluation before the draft it's all good.

Players progress a lot from the ages of 18-21.

So, those people who were calling for more carries for Kamara in 2015 were wrong, even though Kamara wound up outperforming Hurd? I guess Kamara only became the better player when you changed your mind about him.

No. Kamara derseved more touches in the pass game in 2015. I said at the time Butch Jones was an idiot for not utilizing him more since he was our third best offensive player (after Dobbs and Hurd). Him getting more carries wasn't gonna help us cause our o-line was trash and he was not better than Hurd running the ball.

And Kamara got better when he transformed his body from 2015 to 2016. Same with Kahlil McKenzie. Changes in body composition is what led to superior performance.

Did you not read the quotes i posted itt? In your threads about kamara people were pointing out you had underrated him before. You even congratulated somebody for seeing the talent before you did. Jfc

There's a difference between saying he's underrated versus saying he's better than Fournette, Cook, and McCaffrey.

I was the only person ANYWHERE that said he was the BEST.

How many "generational" players have you labeled with that esteemed title in the last several years? The Saints looked "lost" last year and the previous few years because they lacked a defense with a pulse, boy wonder. Their offense has never been a real issue but when your defense consistently ranked around 30th it costs a team several games but I am sure you already knew that. Kareem Hunt? LeSean McCoy? Le'Veon Bell? Are they "generational" players because they have equal or better stats? I mean that's a lot of "generational" players for the same generation.

Generational Players
QB Josh Dobbs
QB Sam Darnold
RB Saquon Barkley
RB Alvin Kamara
WR Corey Davis
WR Antonio Callaway
OL Quenton Nelson
DE Myles Garrett
DE Marcus Davenport
CB Cam Sutton
S Derwin James

Those are the generational players to come out of the 2017 and 2018 NFL Drafts.

Christian McCaffrey will have the better career than Kamara. Once Brees retires, New Orleans offense will go in the tank regardless of the Ingram/Kamara duo.

McCaffrey will have Cam Newton for atleast 10 more years.

Kamara undoubtedly has the better qb between the two as of "right now", but McCaffrey will have a solid QB for 10 years when Kamara will be lucky to have Brees for 2 more years.

That's beyond silly.

Christian McCaffrey can't even run the ball between the tackles. He's nothing more than a more expensive Danny Woodhead.

Alvin Kamara is a generational talent.

Hall of Fame special? After a rookie season in which his last six games looked a bit average ... more like Kevin Faulk than Marshall Faulk. He is a very good player but YES, you will be the only one at this point touting the Hall simply because talking like that about a first year player is beyond dumb.

And you compared Kaaya to Brady??? Really? You do know Brady didn't bounce around to three different teams as a rookie like Kaaya did this year?

Alvin Kamara averaged 7.7 yards per touch on 1,500+ yards from scrimmage. That is SPECIAL. He was also second in the NFL in TDs scored with 14.

That's statistically a better rookie season than Marshall Faulk was in 1995 when he was the same age as Kamara last season (22).

And no I'm not saying Brad Kaaya is Tom Brady. Just saying one season is not enough to judge a player. If the same was applied to the so-called best QB ever, Tom Brady, he would have been considered a bust.

Kamara averaged almost 2 more yards per carry than Hurd in 2015. There was never a point when Hurd was better than Kamara.

We actually argued this point in depth in 2015. Most of Kamara run production came against the weak opponents on the schedule. He did next to nothing running the ball against Oklahoma, Florida, and Alabama with his rush attempts. While Hurd ran the ball best against our toughest opponents.

Nonetheless, I'm not here to relitigate debates from 2015. I'm only here to say that I was not that impressed with Alvin's tape in 2015. Even today I dislike watching it because he looks like another player. A significantly inferior player.

I prefer to watch 2016 and 2017 Kamara that looks sublime.

Understandable.

How about the one from August, I copied a few posts back?

I still think Mark Ingram is overrated and the Saints would be better off without him.

Obviously they thought different.

I will admit that I thought Adrian Peterson had more left in the tank but he looked finished this year.

Saints should just make Alvin the full-time #1 RB and find a cheaper guy than Ingram to put beside him.

Alvin Kamara averaged 7.7 yards per touch on 1,500+ yards from scrimmage. That is SPECIAL. He was also second in the NFL in TDs scored with 14.

That's statistically a better rookie season than Marshall Faulk was in 1995 when he was the same age as Kamara last season (22).

And no I'm not saying Brad Kaaya is Tom Brady. Just saying one season is not enough to judge a player. If the same was applied to the so-called best QB ever, Tom Brady, he would have been considered a bust.

The best ever QB as you say (some may dispute that) has never worn anything other than a Patriots uniform. Kaaya may not make the Colts roster next year any more than he made the two previous teams he signed with .. 3 teams as as a rookie? Gotta throw in the towel on this one.

Now, generational talents don't go average in the last 5 or 6 games of the year and they damn sure don't share carries with ANYONE! You keep heralding a prediction as "right" because you predicted him to the Hall but that is just ridiculous. It's childish and immature at this point. It speaks of fanboydem .. he was a part time back. If he can carry a full-load in excess of 240 carries like a Bell, Gurley, Fournette or Hunt and he can still average 6 per carry, call him whatever you want but that is most likely not going to happen, much like 99% of your other predictions.

I still think Mark Ingram is overrated and the Saints would be better off without him.

Obviously they thought different.

I will admit that I thought Adrian Peterson had more left in the tank but he looked finished this year.

Saints should just make Alvin the full-time #1 RB and find a cheaper guy than Ingram to put beside him.

Alvin Kamara hasn't been a full-time back since 2012 so there is little to show that that will happen again soon. A 16 game schedule, plus carries in pre-season and playoffs for a full-time back will often equate to over 300 carries in the year (in Bell's case, WAY more). So splitting carries for a while at least is still in AK's best interest.

The best ever QB as you say (some may dispute that) has never worn anything other than a Patriots uniform. Kaaya may not make the Colts roster next year any more than he made the two previous teams he signed with .. 3 teams as as a rookie? Gotta throw in the towel on this one.

Now, generational talents don't go average in the last 5 or 6 games of the year and they damn sure don't share carries with ANYONE! You keep heralding a prediction as "right" because you predicted him to the Hall but that is just ridiculous. It's childish and immature at this point. It speaks of fanboydem .. he was a part time back. If he can carry a full-load in excess of 240 carries like a Bell, Gurley, Fournette or Hunt and he can still average 6 per carry, call him whatever you want but that is most likely not going to happen, much like 99% of your other predictions.

1500 yards from scrimmage. 14 TDs. 7.7 yards per touch.

Please keep pretending that is anything short of extraordinary.

If Alvin averages that for the next 10 years he's a first ballot Hall of Famer.

Alvin Kamara hasn't been a full-time back since 2012 so there is little to show that that will happen again soon. A 16 game schedule, plus carries in pre-season and playoffs for a full-time back will often equate to over 300 carries in the year (in Bell's case, WAY more). So splitting carries for a while at least is still in AK's best interest.

He can share the backfield with another back. But instead of the touches being 50/50, they can be 70/30 instead.

No back should get all the carries nowadays. Wear and tear is real. Le'Veon Bell looks to be slowing down already given his workload. Sharing carries is best for having a long career as a RB.

Christian McCaffrey will have the better career than Kamara. Once Brees retires, New Orleans offense will go in the tank regardless of the Ingram/Kamara duo.

McCaffrey will have Cam Newton for atleast 10 more years.

Kamara undoubtedly has the better qb between the two as of "right now", but McCaffrey will have a solid QB for 10 years when Kamara will be lucky to have Brees for 2 more years.

D4H has said some really dumb stuff and is probably typing more as we speak, but Kamara isn't a "system player" and he's better than McCaffrey. He's a really good player.

Reactions: 1 person
D4H has said some really dumb stuff and is probably typing more as we speak, but Kamara isn't a "system player" and he's better than McCaffrey. He's a really good player.

Once again do people not read on here?

Kamara has a short window with Brees. You know the guy that makes their offense tick?

Kamara will put up ridiculous stats in the short term but when Brees hangs it up in 2-3 years, the Saints will take a big step back for a few years as Sean Peyton is liable to leave when Brees does. This is widely known.

McCaffrey who i had as the best back has a better career projection due to the fact he’s going to be in the backfield with a top 5 QB for another decade.

When you look at career averages after 7-9 years, McCaffrey will be better.

Once again do people not read on here?

Kamara has a short window with Brees. You know the guy that makes their offense tick?

Kamara will put up ridiculous stats in the short term but when Brees hangs it up in 2-3 years, the Saints will take a big step back for a few years as Sean Peyton is liable to leave when Brees does. This is widely known.

McCaffrey who i had as the best back has a better career projection due to the fact he’s going to be in the backfield with a top 5 QB for another decade.

When you look at career averages after 7-9 years, McCaffrey will be better.

I love Cam, but he's not a top 5 QB. And I'm talking about who is the better actual player, not who has the better stats, though I think Kamara will probably continue to have better stats as well. CMC may be too slight to consistently run between the tackles well in the NFL

Generational Players
QB Josh Dobbs
QB Sam Darnold
RB Saquon Barkley
RB Alvin Kamara
WR Corey Davis
WR Antonio Callaway
OL Quenton Nelson
DE Myles Garrett
DE Marcus Davenport
CB Cam Sutton
S Derwin James

Those are the generational players to come out of the 2017 and 2018 NFL Drafts.

Lol.

Antonio “Assault/Theft” Callaway is not a generational talent.

Myles Garrett is not a generational talent. He’s exposed greatly in his SEC play.

Cam Sutton is not a generational talent.

Corey Davis, as much as i love him at the Titans, has shown he’s got miles to go to even be a consistent starter. Guy got drafted because he was the best receiver in a cupcake conference.

The fact you list those guys and not Derek Barnett, who was the best defensive player in the draft last year, just shows how horrible your projections and evaluations are. But I digress, there’s a reason you don’t get paid for these projections. You have zero credibility as you’ve been a fraud for years.

VN Store

Back