You can't watch these highlights and tell me you don't see Josh Dobbs...

First season in the NFL. 2nd team All-Pro. Joined Gale Sayers with being the only rookie with 5 TDs rushing, 5 TDs receiving, and a kick return TD.

I'm the only one that said he would be a Hall of Famer.

You cited a guy comparing Alvin to Reggie Bush. A guy who never even made a Pro Bowl in his entire career. Gtfoh. If that's the most complimentary stuff others beside me said about Alvin then that isn't saying much.

I was the only one that said Alvin would be this special. Hall of Fame special.

You still haven't produced any evidence that "everyone" was saying he didn't have the speed to excel. Do you not remember the context of our conversation today? Somehow a comparison to Reggie Bush, who was a nice player, means "everyone" was saying he didn't have the speed? It's obviously not the most complimetary stuff people were saying. You just ignore the McCoy, Bell, and Westbrook comparisons? There were plenty of people accepting the Faulk comparison. You are a fraud. GTFOOH

You still haven't produced any evidence that "everyone" was saying he didn't have the speed to excel. Do you not remember the context of our conversation today? Somehow a comparison to Reggie Bush, who was a nice player, means "everyone" was saying he didn't have the speed? It's obviously not the most complimetary stuff people were saying. You just ignore the McCoy, Bell, and Westbrook comparisons? There were plenty of people accepting the Faulk comparison. You are a fraud. GTFOOH

Please cite where I said that? I never claimed anyone said Alvin didn't have the speed to succeed in the NFL. You might need to learn how to comprehend the English language. I said people dismissed by Kamara/Faulk comparison simply based on the fact Faulk was faster (a fact I noted myself as you claimed). I said even if Faulk is faster, there are many other factors of being a great RB and Alvin compared favorably to Faulk in that regard.

Similarly people are now dismissing my comparison of Dobbs to Cunningham because of a perceived difference in arm strength. I'm simply saying there is more to comparing QBs than simply arm strength. And that just as Alvin compares favorably to Faulk despite the difference in long range speed, that Dobbs compares favorably to Cunningham despite what might be a small difference in arm strength. Once again I'll just wait like I did with Alvin and cite NFL people comparing Dobbs to Cunningham in a couple of years just as NFL people are comparing Alvin to Faulk this year just as I did a year prior.

Learn how to read.

Kid got sad nobody was paying attention to him. Only reason for such a dumb comparison.

I'm guessing you also thought Kamara to Faulk was a dumb comparison last year till Sean Payton said the same thing in training camp.

I love how Kamara's NFL success has you guys catching so many feelings. I wonder what y'all will do in 2019 when Dobbs is the face of the NFL and an MVP candidate?

I'm guessing you also thought Kamara to Faulk was a dumb comparison last year till Sean Payton said the same thing in training camp.

I love how Kamara's NFL success has you guys catching so many feelings. I wonder what y'all will do in 2019 when Dobbs is the face of the NFL and an MVP candidate?

"Please pay attention to me" is all I got out of this.

D4H is like a hitter whose career consists of one grand slam, a couple of singles, and a hundred 3-pitch strikeouts. By any reasonable standard, he's a terrible hitter. But he's gonna talk about that grand slam til his dying day.

Reactions: 1 person
Right? he said "everyone" said whatever about speed, and it's just not true. He jumped on the Kamara wagon late and his Faulk comparisons were mostly well received. I just went thru 2 ****ing threads

WTF are you talking about? What Kamara bandwagon? The one I created and was alone on?

Last I checked there wasn't a single human on the internet (let alone this site) that had Alvin Kamara ranked as the #1 RB in the 2017 draft other than for me. At this time last year ALL OF YOU (as well as every draft expert) had hard-ons for Leonard Fournette, Dalvin Cook, and Christian McCaffrey. I was the ONLY ONE who said Alvin was the #1 RB in the 2017 draft.

Please find me one other person that said he was the best RB in the draft. JUST ONE. Otherwise STFU.

Bangwagon my a**. I created the Kamara bangwagon and was on it alone till about week 8 or 9 of the NFL season when Alvin started blowing up.

Last edited:
No, my friend. There were many posters on here calling for more carries for Kamara heading into 2016. You weren't one of them. You were still championing Hurd until he sprained his vagina.

D4H is like a hitter whose career consists of one grand slam, a couple of singles, and a hundred 3-pitch strikeouts. By any reasonable standard, he's a terrible hitter. But he's gonna talk about that grand slam til his dying day.

So heÂ’s Gary Scott from the Cubs in the early 90s?

A few inarguable observations:

Kamara is significantly slower than Faulk. The latter was a sub-4.4 guy while the former is a mid-4.5. The difference is even greater when the field opens up and long sprinter speed comes into play. The dense of skull might try to argue this is some slight against Alvin. It isn't, it's a slight against anyone that thinks this big a discrepancy in the skill set comparison meets the definitional requirements of a "2.0". As good as Kamara is Faulk was athletically capable of things Kamara simply isn't.

Faulk ran for nearly 1300 yards and 80ypg as a primary RB. Faulk carried 63% of the rushing load as a rookie. Kamara had 728 yards and 45ypg while being asked to only shoulder 27% of the team's rushes. This is another quite profound difference.

When teams were foolish enough to try to play the Saints straight up the Saints averaged 142ypg rushing over the first 12 games. Over the last 6 (including playoffs) that dropped to 80ypg. And it wasn't just raw yardage either. Kamara's heady ypc dropped to 3.24 over that span. One can assume the idea is that Brees is going to get his regardless. (over the last 5 years Brees has averaged over 4900yds and 69.62% completion rate) So you do the best you can and leverage the run. Upshot, Kamara is conclusively human as a RB as was never asked to carry anything close to a starting load anyway.

Kamara had a very good rookie season and his future looks bright. He's on a team where he's being utilized in such a way that he could have a long career. (I certainly hope so) Seeing his name incessantly cited by someone in such a desperate attempt to be validated almost no degree of hyperbole is off the table is actually kind of sad.

No, my friend. There were many posters on here calling for more carries for Kamara heading into 2016. You weren't one of them. You were still championing Hurd until he sprained his vagina.

Wait. Who here is talking about college? I'm talking about the pros. You should know by now I watch college as a preview to see future great NFL players.

I clearly said I was the ONLY ONE who had Kamara rated as the #1 RB in the 2017 NFL Draft. PERIOD.

Everyone else was on the Fournette, Cook, and McCaffrey train. I was the ONLY ONE anywhere that said Kamara was the best and that he would be a future Hall of Famer in the NFL.

And FTR, I stand by everything I said in 2015 regarding Hurd and Kamara. Jalen Hurd was the better runner. The tape is clear. Kamara was kind of blocky and out of shape that year. I view player's physique very closely and Kamara was nowhere close to the player he became in 2016. Hell, Kamara looks even better now in the NFL than he did in college.

You guys just don't watch the game as closely as I do. Which is why you can't see what I saw in Alvin after 2016. I saw a player change his body composition. He became leaner and stronger. He improved his explosiveness. I saw that change and was instantly amazed. It was then I started touting him as the next Marshall Faulk. Jalen Hurd's regression had nothing to do with it. It was Alvin improving.

I take my eye test seriously. And unlike you guys when players change and get better, I don't stick with my original opinion. I evolve with the changing facts. For example, I'm now one of Kahlil McKenzie's biggest advocates on this site but in 2015 and early 2016 I was attacked for being a harsh critic of his calling him a bust. I changed on Kahlil after he changed his body and became a more effective player. Same thing happened with Kamara.

And FTR, I stand by everything I said in 2015 regarding Hurd and Kamara. Jalen Hurd was the better runner.

So, those people who were calling for more carries for Kamara in 2015 were wrong, even though Kamara wound up outperforming Hurd? I guess Kamara only became the better player when you changed your mind about him.

WTF are you talking about? What Kamara bandwagon? The one I created and was alone on?

Last I checked there wasn't a single human on the internet (let alone this site) that had Alvin Kamara ranked as the #1 RB in the 2017 draft other than for me. At this time last year ALL OF YOU (as well as every draft expert) had hard-ons for Leonard Fournette, Dalvin Cook, and Christian McCaffrey. I was the ONLY ONE who said Alvin was the #1 RB in the 2017 draft.

Please find me one other person that said he was the best RB in the draft. JUST ONE. Otherwise STFU.

Bangwagon my a**. I created the Kamara bangwagon and was on it alone till about week 8 or 9 of the NFL season when Alvin started blowing up.

Did you not read the quotes i posted itt? In your threads about kamara people were pointing out you had underrated him before. You even congratulated somebody for seeing the talent before you did. Jfc

That might be the silliest comment I've ever read on this site. LOL @ Alvin Kamara being a system player. Alvin Kamara makes the system. Without him the Saints looked lost this year when they played the Falcons.

Alvin Kamara is a generational talent. And there's a good chance he'll be NFL MVP next year.

How many "generational" players have you labeled with that esteemed title in the last several years? The Saints looked "lost" last year and the previous few years because they lacked a defense with a pulse, boy wonder. Their offense has never been a real issue but when your defense consistently ranked around 30th it costs a team several games but I am sure you already knew that. Kareem Hunt? LeSean McCoy? Le'Veon Bell? Are they "generational" players because they have equal or better stats? I mean that's a lot of "generational" players for the same generation.

So you're basing a player's college highlights to an all time great NFL QB?

What could possibly go wrong.

Christian McCaffrey will have the better career than Kamara. Once Brees retires, New Orleans offense will go in the tank regardless of the Ingram/Kamara duo.

McCaffrey will have Cam Newton for atleast 10 more years.

Kamara undoubtedly has the better qb between the two as of "right now", but McCaffrey will have a solid QB for 10 years when Kamara will be lucky to have Brees for 2 more years.

First season in the NFL. 2nd team All-Pro. Joined Gale Sayers with being the only rookie with 5 TDs rushing, 5 TDs receiving, and a kick return TD.

I'm the only one that said he would be a Hall of Famer.

You cited a guy comparing Alvin to Reggie Bush. A guy who never even made a Pro Bowl in his entire career. Gtfoh. If that's the most complimentary stuff others beside me said about Alvin then that isn't saying much.

I was the only one that said Alvin would be this special. Hall of Fame special.

Hall of Fame special? After a rookie season in which his last six games looked a bit average ... more like Kevin Faulk than Marshall Faulk. He is a very good player but YES, you will be the only one at this point touting the Hall simply because talking like that about a first year player is beyond dumb.

And you compared Kaaya to Brady??? Really? You do know Brady didn't bounce around to three different teams as a rookie like Kaaya did this year?

VN Store

Back