Wonder if Mosley is going to be on the OL or DL

Lol :lolabove:yeah that dude is completely laughable. I wonder if it's secretly Muschamp, I just get that impression from him.

you need to check my posts i just stated an opinion and the poor guy couldn't handle anyone disagreeing with him, and reported to administration.

I was watching him go through DL drills from the practice footage on VQ. You can see him, in an orange jersey, plow his guy pretty good, at the 6:25 mark

https://vimeo.com/135361840

It's possible they are bouncing him around to see where he fits best. I still think it makes more sense on the DL, because we have lacked size, and having that big body to rotate in, regularly with Tuttle, will get him playing time and a chance to impact the team.

If he's just thrown into the depth chart on OL, he probably won't see the field. And I'd hate to see someone with such dominant size go to waste.

Yes that is 78. Can't get the audio but this clip doesn't look like it was from yesterday's practice. In the clip the guys are wearing gray shorts but photos from yesterday's practice they are all wearing the new Nike white shorts.

We disagree where CM is best fit. I see more of a need on the OL vs DL. We will see how it plays out.

Reactions: 1 person
I was watching him go through DL drills from the practice footage on VQ. You can see him, in an orange jersey, plow his guy pretty good, at the 6:25 mark

https://vimeo.com/135361840

It's possible they are bouncing him around to see where he fits best. I still think it makes more sense on the DL, because we have lacked size, and having that big body to rotate in, regularly with Tuttle, will get him playing time and a chance to impact the team.

If he's just thrown into the depth chart on OL, he probably won't see the field. And I'd hate to see someone with such dominant size go to waste.
The footage they used in that clip was not from today. They were still wearing Adidas in the clip you're referring to.

Edit: also, they didn't wear pads today.

Last edited:
Offensive linemen: I mostly saw just footwork and one-on-one blocking, so it’s difficult to get much of a feel for who is working where and what the early depth chart might look like. Drew Richmond looks like a freak athlete for his size and weight. He moves well, has a great frame and looks like a guy who could be a really good offensive tackle in this league. How soon? That will be the huge question in practice once the pads go on. Austin Sanders worked with a club on his right hand.Charles Mosley, as expected, was on the field working with the o-line.

http://www.rockytopinsider.com/2015/08/04/offensive-practice-notes-84/

Did not see any notes where CM worked with the DL in yesterday's practice. Any links? Maybe like the one below.

O-LINE POSITION STUFF: Here’s what we could see from a positional standpoint up front: Freshman Drew Richmond worked at right tackle (second-team), freshman Jack Jones worked at right guard (second-team), freshman Chance Hall worked at tackle, freshman Venzell Boulware worked at right tackle, sophomore Coleman Thomas worked at center and guard, and redshirt freshman Charles Mosley worked at guard. The first-team offensive line was no surprise: senior Kyler Kerbyson at left tackle, senior Marcus Jackson at left guard, senior Mack Crowder at center, sophomore Jashon Robertson at right guard and sophomore Brett Kendrick at right tackle.

Rapid Review: Tennessee Vols football Tuesday practice

Stop! :stop: He's not breathing! :pinch:

lol at this thread. Mosley needs to focus on getting out and staying out of CBJ's doghouse. Mr.Nutting's infatuation with Big Charles has always made me chuckle.

you need to check my posts i just stated an opinion and the poor guy couldn't handle anyone disagreeing with him, and reported to administration.
You have your OPINION..and that's all it is. I have mine. I stated from the very beginning that I HOPE HE GETS PUT BACK ON THE DL. You come along and try to get all smart with me by using a straw man argument, to make it look like I predicted where he would play. "Where's your data, BS?" Where is yours?

I made no prediction. I only said that his chances of PLAYING and CONTRIBUTING to the team would be better on the DL. Why? Because OL don't really rotate like the DL does. So, take your "you lost all credibility" BS and shove it.

lol at this thread. Mosley needs to focus on getting out and staying out of CBJ's doghouse. Mr.Nutting's infatuation with Big Charles has always made me chuckle.
I already mentioned how both Coach Strip and Janzek voiced concern about our lack of size at DT, last year. Sure we recruited KMac and Tuttle, but we STILL need some size to rotate with those two, because after them...we are pretty darn small. That's where I'm coming from. Not some infatuation, smart guy.

We have better depth on the OL, than the DL, when you look at the fact that our DT's behind those 2 TRUE FRESHMAN are all undersized. I don't count on Saulsberry. He's always hurt and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't leave the team for medical reasons.

Last edited:
I already mentioned how both Coach Strip and Janzek voiced concern about our lack of size at DT, last year. Sure we recruited KMac and Tuttle, but we STILL need some size to rotate with those two, because after them...we are pretty darn small. That's where I'm coming from. Not some infatuation, smart guy.

He sat a year, nursing a severe injury. Now he's trying to catch up on conditioning AND working with the OL at the first practice. He's not a factor this year on EITHER side of the line.

Reactions: 3 people
He sat a year, nursing a severe injury. Now he's trying to catch up on conditioning AND working with the OL at the first practice. He's not a factor this year on EITHER side of the line.

Thank you :hi:

6_3758560.jpg

But what about the DATA!?

I think I proved my point...he has been working with the OL not the DL just like most of us on here have been saying he would...VolorNuttin is that enough data for you? I am pretty sure it was your opinion that was worthless!?!?!? LOL

Wait for it....Silence!!!

Last edited:

This is all I was trying to tell the guy, maybe he'll understand when you say it. I was just looking at the realization that he may not contribute at all this year! Is that so hard to imagine.

This is all I was trying to tell the guy, maybe he'll understand when you say it. I was just looking at the realization that he may not contribute at all this year! Is that so hard to imagine.

Don't underestimate his IMAGINATION...just check every thread he starts. :)

Maybe he really is that embarassed that he woun't come back talking his crap anymore. Pretty bad when the basis of your entire opinion gets shut down on the first day of practice. I really do feel sorry for the guy, not really he reported me to administration for calling him a name.

Maybe he really is that embarassed that he woun't come back talking his crap anymore. Pretty bad when the basis of your entire opinion gets shut down on the first day of practice. I really do feel sorry for the guy, not really he reported me to administration for calling him a name.

That guy doesn't have a clue how to have a civil conversation on here with anyone. As soon as a someone disagrees, he starts using a bold font in his posts, name calling and linking random youtube videos to show you how wrong you are.

That guy doesn't have a clue how to have a civil conversation on here with anyone. As soon as a someone disagrees, he starts using a bold font in his posts, name calling and linking random youtube videos to show you how wrong you are.
Wow. That's rich, coming from one who possesses a punk attitude, like many yahoos on here...and you criticize me for pushing back when you get all cheeky with me?

If you want to have a civil discussion, you don't drop into a thread trying to be a smart a$$. Capeesh? Everything was civil here, until you and your buddy got cross with me, saying I had no credibility, yada, yada, yada.

I have a different opinion about Mosley's impact than some of you do...based on the fact that beyond KMac and Tuttle we are woefully short on size at DT...which Mosley can help solve, but you are the ones getting all abrasive over a pretty benign topic.

Last edited:
Here you are B!tching over and over about something that isn't even worth it. Why? Cause you like to hear yourself whine and argue.

I stated MY OPINION and you keep on getting all mouthy with me. I've got more important matters than hanging out on a forum all day. Get over yourself. You have an opinion. I have mine. I base mine on what I SEE, and what I saw on the video about the first day of camp was him practicing with the DL. Who expected them to show footage from spring? Following a practice, one would rightfully expect them to show footage of that day's practice. How does that make you more clever or more correct?

Again, YOU DON'T HAVE CLUE what they will do eventually. None of us do. You don't have a clue as to whether he will or won't have an impact this year. It's all speculation at this point.

And FWIW, I didn't report you. Forums have moderators who can read for themselves. You are really full of yourself, I swear.

Big Charles more of less held his own against KMAC in the circle in yesterday's practice indicates to me that the moving him to OG as a solid move by Jones.

Reactions: 4 people
Big Charles more of less held his own against KMAC in the circle in yesterday's practice indicates to me that the moving him to OG as a solid move by Jones.
I have watched the video about 10 times this morning and in all fairness Big Charles gave up two yards then held his own against Kahlil. That in itself is a heckuva (yeah grammar police I wanted it that way) accomplishment. It shows to go at this point, there is no one that can withstand his initial surge.

I have watched the video about 10 times this morning and in all fairness Big Charles gave up two yards then held his own against Kahlil. That in itself is a heckuva (yeah grammar police I wanted it that way) accomplishment. It shows to go at this point, there is no one that can withstand his initial surge.

Total agreement on KMAC. He will be FR AA/A-SEC. I got a feeling this will not be the last time Big Charles sees KMAC or Shy in the circle. If he continues to hold his own he will see plenty of PT.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back