Wonder if Mosley is going to be on the OL or DL

If he was going to be a factor at DT or OG, he wouldn't have been moved around during the spring and offseason.
Robertson got moved in fall camp....and started. Plus, nobody gave Barnett a snowball's chance in Hades, of starting at DE as a freshman. There goes your theory. The guy has the size to contribute right away, and you just cannot coach that. Him coming off the injury is the only thing that has kept him from playing, thus far. Had he not been injured, I bet he would have been in the 2 deep at DT last year...easily.

Why? Again, it's because Strip and Janzek, both, repeatedly expressed concern that our DT's were undersized, last year. Aside from K-Mac and Tuttle, it's no different this year, either. That is why I hope he gets moved back to DT.

Reactions: 3 people
Robertson got moved in fall camp....and started. Plus, nobody gave Barnett a snowball's chance in Hades, of starting at DE as a freshman. There goes your theory. The guy has the size to contribute right away, and you just cannot coach that. Him coming off the injury is the only thing that has kept him from playing, thus far. Had he not been injured, I bet he would have been in the 2 deep at DT last year...easily.

Why? Again, it's because Strip and Janzek, both, repeatedly expressed concern that our DT's were undersized, last year. Aside from K-Mac and Tuttle, it's no different this year, either. That is why I hope he gets moved back to DT.
So you're using the example of Jashon Robertson, who was moved from DL to OL last season as an example of why Mosley should be in the two deep at DT? Lol ok

The fact of the matter is that we have much better depth than we did at DT and OG last season. Mosley definitely has the size, but that size comes with setbacks in footspeed and conditioning. Mosley might have contributed in short yardage situations last season if he'd been healthy, but then again he may have been moved to offense like Jashon for not being the type of athlete the coaches like at DT. I'm not sure he would've made too much of an impact either way because he came in weighing around 370 and not being in good shape at all.

Reactions: 2 people
He wasn't drunk. They smelled pot in his vehicle and saw some residue in the passenger seat. He gave a blood sample, which you don't have to do. So, there may be nothing to it, pending the result of that test.

Way to jump on the kid with both feet, like many other haters on here.

lol You act like driving under the influence of marijuana isn't a big deal.

Says who? He worked on both sides in the Spring.

The Spring was loaded with injury their were more walk ons at some positions than scholarship players, we can't take much from the spring. Plus he looked extremely slow and out of shape in the Spring according to everyone who wrote anything about him in the Spring.

He hasn't recovered from the injury completely and he is extremely out of shape. We are seriously debating about a player who may be a year away from competing at any position on DL or OL.

All I am saying is this whole thread may be useless because we are talking about a guy who may not even be a factor on this season. But wait VolNation is full of threads about topics that are irrelevant to the actual team. Go Vols!!!

Can't believe that you compared him to Barnett, you just lost all credibility with me. Go Vols!!!

The Spring was loaded with injury their were more walk ons at some positions than scholarship players, we can't take much from the spring. Plus he looked extremely slow and out of shape in the Spring according to everyone who wrote anything about him in the Spring.

He hasn't recovered from the injury completely and he is extremely out of shape. We are seriously debating about a player who may be a year away from competing at any position on DL or OL.

All I am saying is this whole thread may be useless because we are talking about a guy who may not even be a factor on this season. But wait VolNation is full of threads about topics that are irrelevant to the actual team. Go Vols!!!
Your opinion is worthless, as you don't know where he is at...although you like to pretend you do.

Can't believe that you compared him to Barnett, you just lost all credibility with me. Go Vols!!!
You didn't know jack about Barnett this time last year, and you don't know jack about Mosley, now. So, stop pretending that you do. Nobody said he was comparable to Barnett, just that HE COULD prove to be a major impact player, and at this point no one YET knows. Is that clear enough for you?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Your opinion is worthless, as you don't know where he is at...although you like to pretend you do.

You didn't know jack about Barnett this time last year, and you don't know jack about Mosley, now. So, stop pretending that you do. Nobody said he was comparable to Barnett, just that HE COULD prove to be a major impact player, and at this point no one YET knows. Is that clear enough for you?

Wow you have some Anger issues and your opinion is as worthless as anyone elses, because everything you just said you have no data to back it up with. It wasn't my opinion about Mosley being out of shape or looking slow in the spring game it was that of the media. So I guess you are far more knowledgable then the people who do it for a living, even Butch mentioned he need to heal some more and get into football shape.

I knew Barnett was gonna be special but no one knew he would be that special (except for maybe his mother).

The problem is no one knows what Mosley will do this year, if anything. He may not be a factor at all and that is a fact there are no guarantees that we will even need him to be. He may be a star but You have no idea what his role will be, just like everyone else on VolNation.

I hope he is a monster and does amazing things at UT but the bottom line is we will have to wait and see and it is impossible to predict what his role will be on this team.

You sir are having way too much trouble proving a point that has no true data to back it up. Just stick to what you know because prophesy isn't your gift. You know about as much about Mosley as the guy sitting in Section GG row 30 seat 14, and that is what you hear on talk radio, tv, or the message boards. Get over your ego, your not right and your opinion is as worthless as any other on VolNation.

Good day and Go Vols!!!

Reactions: 2 people
Rather its as an OL or as a DL, the one constant needed is the ability to be mean, nasty, dirty, cheap, violent stop at nothing including the rules to win.. to intentionally hurt, cause pain, cause injury, cause shock, cheat, and corrupt every rule for your benefit, and to have no,zero,not an ounce of compassion or respect for an opponent before during or after the game... Just be damn sadistically mean the entire game!!!

Are you suggesting feeding him gunpowder?

It's preferential to alcohol. Not saying I condone it, just think it's the lesser of two evils.

Sure would be nice to see the fire lit under Mosley and a rapid improvement in his development. Love having that McCullers-esque presence in the middle on the goal line.

Sure would be nice to see the fire lit under Mosley and a rapid improvement in his development. Love having that McCullers-esque presence in the middle on the goal line.

Agreed. I hope after the fact he realizes not once but TWICE he's been handed another chance. One may have no been his fault, but that wreck could've cost him his life, and this could've cost him his career. I trust Jones to be able to guide him in the right direction.

Wow you have some Anger issues and your opinion is as worthless as anyone elses, because everything you just said you have no data to back it up with. It wasn't my opinion about Mosley being out of shape or looking slow in the spring game it was that of the media. So I guess you are far more knowledgable then the people who do it for a living, even Butch mentioned he need to heal some more and get into football shape.

I knew Barnett was gonna be special but no one knew he would be that special (except for maybe his mother).

The problem is no one knows what Mosley will do this year, if anything. He may not be a factor at all and that is a fact there are no guarantees that we will even need him to be. He may be a star but You have no idea what his role will be, just like everyone else on VolNation.

I hope he is a monster and does amazing things at UT but the bottom line is we will have to wait and see and it is impossible to predict what his role will be on this team.

You sir are having way too much trouble proving a point that has no true data to back it up. Just stick to what you know because prophesy isn't your gift. You know about as much about Mosley as the guy sitting in Section GG row 30 seat 14, and that is what you hear on talk radio, tv, or the message boards. Get over your ego, your not right and your opinion is as worthless as any other on VolNation.

Good day and Go Vols!!!
You are the one who adopted a punk attitude and got all sharp-tonged with me. I just gave it back to you..... You're just one of those who like to hear yourself argue. And you don't have anymore "data" to back up your opinion than I do...In fact, your DATA said Mosley was going to be on the OL. Guess what, genius? He was on the DL Tuesday, so shove it up yours.

Last edited:
Even if he ultimately goes to OL I would use him on DL in goal line situations. Can you imagine him, Shy and Kahlil lined up side by side in the middle of goal line DL?

Even if he ultimately goes to OL I would use him on DL in goal line situations. Can you imagine him, Shy and Kahlil lined up side by side in the middle of goal line DL?
Arkansas uses a lot of Jumbo OL packages on top of them being about the largest OL in the SEC. I think we need Mosley on the DL for games like that, and even the Bama game, so we can completely shut down their run game up the middle and force them to go outside. In the one on one drill in the O/W game, Mosley drove a much improved Kendrick back. In run fits, I'd love to see him lined up next to KMac, so defenses have to deal with 3 behemoths up the middle.

Last edited:
He'll play in the offensive line...but he tries to keep things on the dl. hes just not very good at it

Last edited:
He was working with the DL today, when everyone was saying he was OL all the way. Guess Butch and staff didn't get the note from VN.

Offensive linemen: I mostly saw just footwork and one-on-one blocking, so it’s difficult to get much of a feel for who is working where and what the early depth chart might look like. Drew Richmond looks like a freak athlete for his size and weight. He moves well, has a great frame and looks like a guy who could be a really good offensive tackle in this league. How soon? That will be the huge question in practice once the pads go on. Austin Sanders worked with a club on his right hand.Charles Mosley, as expected, was on the field working with the o-line.

http://www.rockytopinsider.com/2015/08/04/offensive-practice-notes-84/

Did not see any notes where CM worked with the DL in yesterday's practice. Any links? Maybe like the one below.

O-LINE POSITION STUFF: Here’s what we could see from a positional standpoint up front: Freshman Drew Richmond worked at right tackle (second-team), freshman Jack Jones worked at right guard (second-team), freshman Chance Hall worked at tackle, freshman Venzell Boulware worked at right tackle, sophomore Coleman Thomas worked at center and guard, and redshirt freshman Charles Mosley worked at guard. The first-team offensive line was no surprise: senior Kyler Kerbyson at left tackle, senior Marcus Jackson at left guard, senior Mack Crowder at center, sophomore Jashon Robertson at right guard and sophomore Brett Kendrick at right tackle.

Rapid Review: Tennessee Vols football Tuesday practice

Last edited:
You are the one who adopted a punk attitude and got all sharp-tonged with me. I just gave it back to you....little man. You're just one of those who like to hear yourself argue. And you don't have anymore "data" to back up your opinion than I do...In fact, your DATA said Mosley was going to be on the OL. Guess what, genius? He was on the DL today, so shove it up yours.

Lol :lolabove:yeah that dude is completely laughable. I wonder if it's secretly Muschamp, I just get that impression from him.

Offensive linemen: I mostly saw just footwork and one-on-one blocking, so it’s difficult to get much of a feel for who is working where and what the early depth chart might look like. Drew Richmond looks like a freak athlete for his size and weight. He moves well, has a great frame and looks like a guy who could be a really good offensive tackle in this league. How soon? That will be the huge question in practice once the pads go on. Austin Sanders worked with a club on his right hand.Charles Mosley, as expected, was on the field working with the o-line.

http://www.rockytopinsider.com/2015/08/04/offensive-practice-notes-84/

Did not see any notes where CM worked with the DL in yesterday's practice. Any links? Maybe like the one below.

O-LINE POSITION STUFF: Here’s what we could see from a positional standpoint up front: Freshman Drew Richmond worked at right tackle (second-team), freshman Jack Jones worked at right guard (second-team), freshman Chance Hall worked at tackle, freshman Venzell Boulware worked at right tackle, sophomore Coleman Thomas worked at center and guard, and redshirt freshman Charles Mosley worked at guard. The first-team offensive line was no surprise: senior Kyler Kerbyson at left tackle, senior Marcus Jackson at left guard, senior Mack Crowder at center, sophomore Jashon Robertson at right guard and sophomore Brett Kendrick at right tackle.

Rapid Review: Tennessee Vols football Tuesday practice
I was watching him go through DL drills from the practice footage on VQ. You can see him, in an orange jersey, plow his guy pretty good, at the 6:25 mark

https://vimeo.com/135361840

It's possible they are bouncing him around to see where he fits best. I still think it makes more sense on the DL, because we have lacked size, and having that big body to rotate in, regularly with Tuttle, will get him playing time and a chance to impact the team.

If he's just thrown into the depth chart on OL, he probably won't see the field. And I'd hate to see someone with such dominant size go to waste.

You are the one who adopted a punk attitude and got all sharp-tonged with me. I just gave it back to you..... You're just one of those who like to hear yourself argue. And you don't have anymore "data" to back up your opinion than I do...In fact, your DATA said Mosley was going to be on the OL. Guess what, genius? He was on the DL Tuesday, so shove it up yours.

All I did was state my opinion and that is all that it was, I didnt need any data because it was just an opinion, I said he would end up on the OL...and guess what he has 4 more years for that to happen. I never said I knew anything just that I felt he would end up on the OL and that he may not contribute at all this year.

It was the first day of practice you understand that tight? He started the spring at DL too didnt he? and where did he end up, oh yeah on the OL. You haven't proven anything, and I wasn't the one making claims that my opinion was right and eveyone elses was wrong. You criticized everyone who didn't agree with you.

You have been the aggressive one in this entire thread, no one else has said a word to you other just expressing their own opinion. You make claims that you are right and everyone who disagrees with you is wrong...

So Let's explain something for you since you obviously don't understand....This is VolNation. Fans come here to talk with other fans. Am I going to fast for you? Fans come here to talk with other fans about topics surrounding the football team. Still with me? We all have different Opinions. I know that last one probably was a complete shocker to you but let it simmer for a minute if your confused.

Have a good day and Go Vols!!!

VN Store

Back