Wonder if Mosley is going to be on the OL or DL

I wouldn't mind seeing Big Charles on the OL, as a big road grader, but not if he is just going to be a backup. I'd rather keep him in the DT rotation, playing right next to K-Mac. That would be the BIGGEST DT duo in the SEC, if not the country. We have never had 2 DT's weighing 350+, IIRC.

Should make it extremely hard to run between the tackles, and that frees up the LB's to focus largely on the edges. I also think it will free up the DE's to have a phenomenal season, since the QB won't be able to step up in the pocket. Not when you have 2 behemoths crushing it up the middle.

So, I think he has the capacity to be a game-changer on defense...but a bench-rider on offense. The only way I could see him on the OL is to start him at RG and move Robertson to C (they gave him some reps there in the spring). Crowder is just way undersized for the SEC.

I know we have Tuttle at DT, too, but I'm not convinced the staff will start 2 true freshmen at DT. He'll be a great contributor in the 2 deep rotation, I think...but probably not a starter, yet.

Mosley switches back and he's playing behind Tuttle...wherever that is on the chart. He's not starting over ANYONE at present. And your point about pairing him with K-Mac to have a pair of 350+ DTs? K-Mac is 330...most likely 310-315 by Fall.

Reactions: 1 person
What exactly is "residue" on the back seat, anyway? Is this some kind of stain, or glue, maybe some other sticky substance? And what exactly do the police carry that allows for on the spot "residue" tests?

I'm not trying to be sarcastic here, this is a serious question. I understand breathalyser, I understand the test where you drop cocaine into a liquid chemical and look for the color change reaction, I understand urine test where it looks for metabolites. I don't understand this "residue" test. What's it looking for, how's it work?

He's gotta put in the work now and earn a spot on the line. He's got great potential but luck has not been on his side.

God Forbid a college kid have a drink or have a little bud...

good grief not like all of us didn't do it.

This is not 'Nam! This is football! There are rules, Dude!

8282714989_4b0f0b5b42.jpg

As to Mosely being an OL. Someone mentioned that he'd probably be an OG. Why not an OT. He's big enough, long enough, and supposedly athletic enough. Plus, we certainly have more of a need at OT than OG. Thoughts?

As to Mosely being an OL. Someone mentioned that he'd probably be an OG. Why not an OT. He's big enough, long enough, and supposedly athletic enough. Plus, we certainly have more of a need at OT than OG. Thoughts?

OTs have to possess range, reach, great footwork, and balance.. I don't know if he does or does not. One thing though, Last year with the broken leg thing, It seems to me he could have spent hours daily getting his upper body strength off the charts... Maybe he did, I don't know.. I just hope he mentally matures enough to understand that everyday for the next 4 years he has to work his azz off and get better every day.. He could become a rich man, but he has to have the inner motor. Maybe he does.. Also sounds like he needs to evaluate who he hangs out with, even if its old friends from way back,, maybe he has..

My 2 thoughts. He still noticeably favors one leg from his accident. From a footwork perspective, he's probably better suited at guard for the short term. Secondly, his girth would make him desirable for middle OL. He'd be harder for opposing DTs to push around than somebody 50 pounds lighter. Anyways, the future is looking bright at OT with Richmond, Jones, Stewart, and maybe Hall. It's just a matter of maturation, as CBJ would say, for that group. I like Mosley at OG.

Reactions: 2 people
I wouldn't mind seeing Big Charles on the OL, as a big road grader, but not if he is just going to be a backup. I'd rather keep him in the DT rotation, playing right next to K-Mac. That would be the BIGGEST DT duo in the SEC, if not the country. We have never had 2 DT's weighing 350+, IIRC.

Should make it extremely hard to run between the tackles, and that frees up the LB's to focus largely on the edges. I also think it will free up the DE's to have a phenomenal season, since the QB won't be able to step up in the pocket. Not when you have 2 behemoths crushing it up the middle.

So, I think he has the capacity to be a game-changer on defense...but a bench-rider on offense. The only way I could see him on the OL is to start him at RG and move Robertson to C (they gave him some reps there in the spring). Crowder is just way undersized for the SEC.

I know we have Tuttle at DT, too, but I'm not convinced the staff will start 2 true freshmen at DT. He'll be a great contributor in the 2 deep rotation, I think...but probably not a starter, yet.

offensive line but health wise he is not ready to help on O or D. He is likely only about 70%. He would not be in d Line rotation so OL is where he needs to focus his development.

BTW, your post is just full of fantasy statements.

Rather its as an OL or as a DL, the one constant needed is the ability to be mean, nasty, dirty, cheap, violent stop at nothing including the rules to win.. to intentionally hurt, cause pain, cause injury, cause shock, cheat, and corrupt every rule for your benefit, and to have no,zero,not an ounce of compassion or respect for an opponent before during or after the game... Just be damn sadistically mean the entire game!!!

Rather its as an OL or as a DL, the one constant needed is the ability to be mean, nasty, dirty, cheap, violent stop at nothing including the rules to win.. to intentionally hurt, cause pain, cause injury, cause shock, cheat, and corrupt every rule for your benefit, and to have no,zero,not an ounce of compassion or respect for an opponent before during or after the game... Just be damn sadistically mean the entire game!!!

What???????

I think the coaches want more options on the offensive line, so he's there for now. We have seven DTs: O'Brien, Williams, Vickers, Saulsberry, McKenzie, Tuttle, and Picou. Even with an injury or two, that's a pretty good rotation. Oline is the bigger question mark.
If he's a backup, then he's not an answer to that question....and thus should stay at DT.

Obrien, Williams and Vickers are all undersized. That was something I heard Coach Strip and Janzek express concern about, repeatedly, last year. They had to make up for the lack of size with technique and quickness. But you can coach the size Big Charles has.

He can be a difference-maker on the DL, but a non-contributor on the OL. I just hate to see that kind of rare size and talent go to waste on the bench.

If he's a backup, then he's not an answer to that question....and thus should stay at DT.

...He can be a difference-maker on the DL, but a non-contributor on the OL. I just hate to see that kind of rare size and talent go to waste on the bench.

You can't know that at this point. Mosley is a redshirt freshman who was moved to OL primarily because he's a better fit there. There's a lot more to being an effective DT than sheer size.

Mosley will be a backup this fall, just as he'd be if he were a DT. Future starters typically begin their careers as backups; that's both normal and desirable.

We're finally developing some quality depth on the OL, something we've missed for too long. And with the likes of Alexis Johnson coming on board next year, there's no good reason to move Mosley back to DT.

Reactions: 2 people
You can't know that at this point. Mosley is a redshirt freshman who was moved to OL primarily because he's a better fit there. There's a lot more to being an effective DT than sheer size.

Mosley will be a backup this fall, just as he'd be if he were a DT. Future starters typically begin their careers as backups; that's both normal and desirable.

We're finally developing some quality depth on the OL, something we've missed for too long. And with the likes of Alexis Johnson coming on board next year, there's no good reason to move Mosley back to DT.
You DO NOT know that he would be a backup at DT. In all likelihood, he would be in the 2-deep rotation at DT.

That means he would see plenty of playing time, whereas being a backup on the OL = riding the pine....period. You forget that Mosley was a DT in HS, so it's not a new position to him.

In the Spring, he wasn't PERMANENTLY moved to OL. He was just moved there to see if he might have more of an impact there. He played DT in the OW game

If you truly want someone that mean, better send him a text to put down the peace pipe.

Obrien, Williams and Vickers are all undersized. That was something I heard Coach Strip and Janzek express concern about, repeatedly, last year. They had to make up for the lack of size with technique and quickness. But you can coach the size Big Charles has.

He can be a difference-maker on the DL, but a non-contributor on the OL. I just hate to see that kind of rare size and talent go to waste on the bench.

The coaching staff has felt all along his future was much better as an offensive lineman and not a defensive lineman. They have not viewed him as a difference maker at DT.

I had even heard that when he was being recruited.

Yet the greatest D-lineman in the history of our university and I might add the NFL was the exact opposite of these traits.

You DO NOT know that he would be a backup at DT. In all likelihood, he would be in the 2-deep rotation at DT.

That means he would see plenty of playing time, whereas being a backup on the OL = riding the pine....period. You forget that Mosley was a DT in HS, so it's not a new position to him.

In the Spring, he wasn't PERMANENTLY moved to OL. He was just moved there to see if he might have more of an impact there. He played DT in the OW game

You don't know that he would be in the 2 deep at DT either. The coaches obviously saw enough out of the DTs we have to say that he would serve the team better as an OLineman.

He was a DT in HS but he was also on the OLine in HS too. I just think we need more quality Depth at OLine than at DT where we will have some good but young quality depth this fall with Shy and KMac.

The arguement can be made for both sides, if OLine is where he ends up, great. If DT if his spot good, but not sure if he'll even play much at either. I would say it all depends on the charges that he gets or doesn't get because out the DUI he got.

You don't know that he would be in the 2 deep at DT either. The coaches obviously saw enough out of the DTs we have to say that he would serve the team better as an OLineman.

He was a DT in HS but he was also on the OLine in HS too. I just think we need more quality Depth at OLine than at DT where we will have some good but young quality depth this fall with Shy and KMac.

The arguement can be made for both sides, if OLine is where he ends up, great. If DT if his spot good, but not sure if he'll even play much at either. I would say it all depends on the charges that he gets or doesn't get because out the DUI he got.
The difference is that starting OL stay in the game all game long. So, 2nd teamers ride the pine all game long.

AT DT, there is a constant rotation, to keep them fresh. That is why DEPTH is always more critical on the DL than on the OL. And with Mosley's size, he'd be in the 2 deep rotation, no doubt about that.

My guess is that they want a longer look at him, on the OL...because last year it was our worst position group. And it might still be the weakest group on the team, even if they are improved from last year. Maybe they think he could have an impact that may cause a re-shuffling of the the interior line. Maybe Robertson to C and plug Mosely in at RG, if he excells there. That's a LOT of size in the interior, suddenly.

But, if he is just "depth" then it makes little sense to me why you would move him to the OL, in the first place. There is already some decent depth

The difference is that starting OL stay in the game all game long. So, 2nd teamers ride the pine all game long.

AT DT, there is a constant rotation, to keep them fresh. That is why DEPTH is always more critical on the DL than on the OL. And with Mosley's size, he'd be in the 2 deep rotation, no doubt about that.

My guess is that they want a longer look at him, on the OL...because last year it was our worst position group. And it might still be the weakest group on the team, even if they are improved from last year. Maybe they think he could have an impact that may cause a re-shuffling of the the interior line. Maybe Robertson to C and plug Mosely in at RG, if he excells there. That's a LOT of size in the interior, suddenly.

But, if he is just "depth" then it makes little sense to me why you would move him to the OL, in the first place. There is already some decent depth

He's not ready to play...much less start. OL or DL.

VN Store

Back