Women's Coach Needed ASAP

My mom coaches for high school and my dad AAU so I do understand a bit. Both have a different philosophy when it comes to the usage of timeouts so I understand a little bit.

Then you know "timeouts" serve a multitude of purposes:

+ Interrupt opponent's momentum and run(s)
+ wake up or settle down a player, group of players, or the whole team
+ Rest a short roster
+ Set up an inbound play
+ Infuriate a hated rival by extended the blow-out you are giving them by calling one
+ Many more. . .

+++++++++++++++

Given your background you have an understanding also that this is the time of year that the mentality changes dramatically. After SC it is "win or go home" basketball. AAU style of play.

A coach in Atlanta once told me something about timeouts ... "The first two are for strategy...the second two are for security"... CHW seemingly HATES to take a timeout, seeing doing so as a weakness. She seems to want to save all four for security aspect......As an opposing coach I would exploit this insecurity.

People who have never been on the receiving end of a run have no grasp of how it affects you and how helpless you feel while on the floor getting crushed. Its like a whirlwind....I would say MOST of the time a timeout is how you stop it....If not for good, then at least you gave your team a moment of relief from it.

Reactions: 4 people
Then you know "timeouts" serve a multitude of purposes:

+ Interrupt opponent's momentum and run(s)
+ wake up or settle down a player, group of players, or the whole team
+ Rest a short roster
+ Set up an inbound play
+ Infuriate a hated rival by extended the blow-out you are giving them by calling one
+ Many more. . .

+++++++++++++++

Given your background you have an understanding also that this is the time of year that the mentality changes dramatically. After SC it is "win or go home" basketball. AAU style of play.

A coach in Atlanta once told me something about timeouts ... "The first two are for strategy...the second two are for security"... CHW seemingly HATES to take a timeout, seeing doing so as a weakness. She seems to want to save all four for security aspect......As an opposing coach I would exploit this insecurity.

People who have never been on the receiving end of a run have no grasp of how it affects you and how helpless you feel while on the floor getting crushed. Its like a whirlwind....I would say MOST of the time a timeout is how you stop it....If not for good, then at least you gave your team a moment of relief from it.

You get a like from me Coach, this was a well organized response and hit the nail on the head. I’m assuming you think Holly underutilizes her timeouts right?

Reactions: 2 people
I agree there are issues there, but I do not agree Holly is a terrible coach. UT has these always #1 expectations and winds up shooting itself in the foot with dumpster fire hiring and firings. All the teeth gnashing by Vol Nation does is kill or recruiting. My opinion. Go Lady Vols...win it all!

Reactions: 2 people
Look at this way. Say Phil does the right thing and fires Holly. Is there ANY program that would hire her? Maybe Austin Peay or something just cuz she has a name...but none of the top programs would even consider her. That should tell you something.

Name any fired Tennessee coach in any sport besides Bruce Pearl in the last 15 years and this is the case. It's who we hire folks. :sick:

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back