Women's Coach Needed ASAP

Watch the presser if you need an understanding of what is going on. The head coach doesn’t know why to a lot of questions.

I've never heard somebody sound so timid, confused and right out embarrassing in interviews as holly. It's unbelievable just listening to an interview how u can tell how bad and out of her league she is. She obviously doesn't belong on that stage.

Reactions: 7 people
It would take the fans not renewing their tickets for a change to happen...And you know that's not going to happen...

Total BS..You hate Fulmer, we get it..But this is ALL on CHW..And if you THINK PF won't fire CHW, be amazed at seasons end..NOBODY can justify what CHW has allowed to happen with this once proud program..All you Holly lovers?? Time to admit what everybody with any sense already knows: Holly Warlick loves UT and always has, but being an assistant was/is all she does well..Admitting that doesn't make you a hater, just a realist..Flame away.....

:hi:

I’m not blaming Fulmer for this situation. So I think it’s weird how defensive you are about him. You know for certain he’s going for fire Holly? So certain that I will be AMAZED? Lol.

Last edited:
Look at this way. Say Phil does the right thing and fires Holly. Is there ANY program that would hire her? Maybe Austin Peay or something just cuz she has a name...but none of the top programs would even consider her. That should tell you something.

The fact she never left UT to become a head coach somewhere else should tell us all something, too. They LITERALLY gave the head coaching job of top program in the history of women's college basketball to a person with NO HEAD COACHING EXPERIENCE.

Reactions: 1 person
It is so sad to see what once was an elite program being taken down game by game. Should Mr Fulmer decide not to fire her at the end of the season then he is not the right person for the position. History made again tonight, just not in a good way. She is a disgrace to Women's Basketball. After the Georgia game she made the comment on TV that her girls tried to make sport center highlight on every play, but she was proud of them. That folks is our problem, she requires very little, and teaches even less. She lacks the ability to prepare a team, and is an even worse bench coach. I guess we will see as the next two games loom as loses.

BOOM. That might answer the question as to her successful recruiting. These girls choose Tennessee because of its successful past....the many times we are on TV and they can be seen AND the fact it's an easy ride with Holly as coach. She has the rep of being easy and constantly praising her players. Who wouldn't want that over some mean guy (or lady) who is constantly demanding and expecting them to win? Who wants that pressure? Holly makes it a very appealing choice.

The fact that Holly constantly gets beat by lesser talented teams is because she expects NOTHING from her players. Holly is elated is they simply "try". Cuz in Holly's own words "that's all I can ask". Geno would NEVER say that nonsense after consecutive losses to lesser teams.

Now it all makes sense why Holly is able to recruit.

It doesn't mean she'll win. Holly doesn't expect to win and sure as heck doesn't demand it of her players.

Reactions: 4 people
The fact that Holly constantly gets beat by lesser talented teams is because she expects NOTHING from her players. Holly is elated is they simply "try". Cuz in Holly's own words "that's all I can ask". Geno would NEVER say that nonsense after consecutive losses to lesser teams.

Proof that you are right:

2012-13 through 2016-17

HCHW .............................HCGA..........................

128-46 73.6%..................187-6 ....... 96.9%

And of course it continues this year.

When you aim for a B- / C+, that's what you get.

I think it is more appalling that 6 to 7 years after Warlick has taken over the same things are being said about her.

If you are looking for this to get turned around I think many are sadly mistaken and it will take a gutwrenching toll as a fan.

She should've never been hired in the first place. Rarely has "coach in waiting" worked successfully. There should've been a legitimate exhaustive search that CPS was highly involved in. Instead to pacify the masses Warlick was given the keys when it's clear she is clueless. That is why Demoss resigned immediately.

Even a trained circus monkey can get 15 to 20 wins at this program with the number of All Americans on the roster. This team and these players don't get close to fulfilling their potential with this head coach.

Caldwell should've been hired at first and she would have Demoss by her side here. She would've demanded everything that is missing.

First it was Simmons fault. Then it was Deshields fault. Getting harder to blame others but her supporters are building a behind the scenes case to find another player to blame. Now the excuse the team will be young again next year.

Holly and all her staunch supporters (the loud few minority) all may just need to go. That is the only way this thing gets cleaned up because they will continue kick and scream.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
I think it is more appalling that 6 to 7 years after Warlick has taken over the same things are being said about her.

If you are looking for this to get turned around I think many are sadly mistaken and it will take a gutwrenching toll as a fan.

She should've never been hired in the first place. Rarely has "coach in waiting" worked successfully. There should've been a legitimate exhaustive search that CPS was highly involved in. Instead to pacify the masses Warlick was given the keys when it's clear she is clueless. That is why Demoss resigned immediately.

Even a trained circus monkey can get 15 to 20 wins at this program with the number of All Americans on the roster. This team and these players don't get close to fulfilling their potential with this head coach.

Caldwell should've been hired at first and she would have Demoss by her side here. She would've demanded everything that is missing.

First it was Simmons fault. Then it was Deshields fault. Getting harder to blame others but her supporters are building a behind the scenes case to find another player to blame. Now the excuse the team will be young again next year.

Holly and all her staunch supporters (the loud few minority) all may just need to go. That is the only way this thing gets cleaned up because they will continue kick and scream.

Clueless on offense and defense!

Reactions: 2 people
See I thought everyone on this site were fans. However, when I read posts like this one, I had no idea that so many posters on here coached and played basketball at a collegiate level or higher. Maybe Fulmer should give some of these folks consideration for the next coach, which will open up in maybe five to ten years from now, when the actual qualified coach retires.
The post above was the only rationale one on here.

What is positive in a loss.

I would like to see Kyra Elzy as the next coach. I know the UK is not a good team this due to all the transfers. But let`s remember Kyra Elzy left the lady vols program because she did not like the way Holly was coaching this team. I have seen Kyra Elzy in the past get in a players face when she was at Tenn. But in all i think she could turn this program around,

Haha....you really think any AD at a power 5 program....much less an SEC school, makes women's basketball a "#1 priority"? Seriously?
sad but true. IMHO we are partially in this position because DH decided to quietly debase the women's program. We have and have kept Holly because they don't want to spend what it takes to get a coach here. They may be waiting until they pay off all the other x coaches before hiring another. In reality I think that what ever agreement that was made to convince/force Pat to retire is the real problem. What coach could you hire when PS was coach emeritus? Maybe they have to keep Holly for x amount of years.

BOOM. That might answer the question as to her successful recruiting. These girls choose Tennessee because of its successful past....the many times we are on TV and they can be seen AND the fact it's an easy ride with Holly as coach. She has the rep of being easy and constantly praising her players. Who wouldn't want that over some mean guy (or lady) who is constantly demanding and expecting them to win? Who wants that pressure? Holly makes it a very appealing choice.

Now it all makes sense why Holly is able to recruit.

It doesn't mean she'll win. Holly doesn't expect to win and sure as heck doesn't demand it of her players.
I'm calling b.s. on that statement. Most players want that natty!

I would like to see Kyra Elzy as the next coach. I know the UK is not a good team this due to all the transfers. But let`s remember Kyra Elzy left the lady vols program because she did not like the way Holly was coaching this team. I have seen Kyra Elzy in the past get in a players face when she was at Tenn. But in all i think she could turn this program around,

Kyra was an Ace in defense when she stopped Old Dominion!

I just think, she will figure it out. She wants to be the best. She knows what that feels like on every level, why not HEAD COACH and following a legend and so far, has handled all these (insanity) with grace. And all the unnecessary pressure with all this hoopla nonesense, fire Holly, crap, how distracting you think that is for the players, since all of you are loyal Lady Vols fans. Insanity, I tell ya.

Until one of you can go and put on a Lady Vols uniform or get on the bench. You have no control over the running of the Lady Vol program or how it should be handled. The Lady Vols are in good hands with Holly, and I believe, that she is a winner and she will figure it out, each year, she gets better.

After every game, fire Holly, wuteva, name one coach in one season will have us playing for a championship or the final four their first season. Name one coach. wuteva. PROGRESS All you all have proven is that, that you all are bunch weiners and quitters, which makes you LOSERS! wuteva. Orange Shade On!

I back Pat and roll with Holly!

Reactions: 5 people
Look how low the fan base of the Lady Vols has sunk. Wow!

Pat would be happy. You think you all are this for her, in her memory, in her sake, for the Lady Vols, unhappy people. smh. Few coaches win every game. smh!

wow. Lady Vols message board hell.

Reactions: 4 people
Look how low the fan base of the Lady Vols has sunk. Wow!

Pat would be happy. You think you all are this for her, in her memory, in her sake, for the Lady Vols, unhappy people. smh. Few coaches win every game. smh!

wow. Lady Vols message board hell.

Pat would put your "wuteva" lovin butt on the bench and would give you the stare for trying to lower expectations.

Reactions: 9 people
I just think, she will figure it out. She wants to be the best. She knows what that feels like on every level, why not HEAD COACH and following a legend and so far, has handled all these (insanity) with grace. And all the unnecessary pressure with all this hoopla nonesense, fire Holly, crap, how distracting you think that is for the players, since all of you are loyal Lady Vols fans. Insanity, I tell ya.

Until one of you can go and put on a Lady Vols uniform or get on the bench. You have no control over the running of the Lady Vol program or how it should be handled. The Lady Vols are in good hands with Holly, and I believe, that she is a winner and she will figure it out, each year, she gets better.

After every game, fire Holly, wuteva, name one coach in one season will have us playing for a championship or the final four their first season. Name one coach. wuteva. PROGRESS All you all have proven is that, that you all are bunch weiners and quitters, which makes you LOSERS! wuteva. Orange Shade On!

Literally the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life

Reactions: 13 people
If Pat Summit were still coach today and had not returned to the Final Four since 2008, many Tennessee fans would be calling for her to be fired, just like they are doing now with Holly Warlick.

Reactions: 5 people

:worship:

Come on P4L...At some point you have to realize that "Toto is riding the bike and Dorothy is in the handlebar-basket"

Did you just make up a story?

If you did not make up your story about Elzy, provide proof that she quit because she didn't like the way Holly was coaching the team.

VN Store

Back