Women's Coach Needed ASAP

Holly has one more year on her contract at $665,000 a year. The lady Vol's lost 2 million dollars last year. If they fire her they will have to pay her, the last year of her contract. I just don't see Tennessee doing that. Holly will coach the 2018/2019 season, then she could be replace.

Yeah, I don't see Phil getting rid of her with 1 year left on her contract unless a booster gives him the money to do it...Next year she will probably have to make it to the final 4 to keep her job and get a new contract

Despite the loss, I saw a lot of positives in the game.

For example, big shout out of congratulations to
Mercedes Russell for becoming only the 6th player in
Tennessee women's bball history to score 1500 points and 1000 rebounds with her double double.

Also, Rennia Davis had a double double nailing some impressive looking shots from the perimeter in the process.

Other players hit some good looking shots and I noticed a few 3's made like it was money in the bank clockwork.

I agree that there were some careless turnovers and 50/50 balls where it looks like the team was out of position or just got plain out-hustled, but there were a lot of bright spots to build on out there too.

Go Vols!

Pollyanna, meet CHW.

Attachments

• Holly over her head.jpg
    Holly over her head.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 204
Reactions: 3 people
Bottom line is , Holly is the coach and she sucks. The players are not the problem. The talent is there ,just dont have the coach to bring that talent out. You can find all the positives that you want but it does not change the fact that Holly is the problem.

This sounds familiar and right on. I recall seeing a similar post about Butch Jones.

LOA

Reactions: 2 people
This program isn't about Phil and his friends...but I fear the success of the programs is NOT his # 1 priority.

Haha....you really think any AD at a power 5 program....much less an SEC school, makes women's basketball a "#1 priority"? Seriously?

Look at this way. Say Phil does the right thing and fires Holly. Is there ANY program that would hire her? Maybe Austin Peay or something just cuz she has a name...but none of the top programs would even consider her. That should tell you something.

Kinda like when Phil was fired.......

Way to phone it in Lady Vols.

Playing like this we won't have to watch this miserable play very long come tournament time.

Zero heart.
Zero effort.
Zero Intensity.
Zero tenacity.
Zero coaching.
Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy play.

Reactions: 3 people
Haha....you really think any AD at a power 5 program....much less an SEC school, makes women's basketball a "#1 priority"? Seriously?

When you are UT and considered THE program historically... it's much higher on the priority list than most.

Losing to Bama 4 straight times is definitely pathetic considering the Tide rarely ever make the tournament. We out-talent them across the board, so why do we play mediocre against them? One thing I noticed is all the bone head plays Tennessee made, and the offense is stagnant the majority of the time. Talent alone will not win games (See Kentucky's Mens Team), you have to actually run an offense and play defense.

I haven't watched much of any Lady Vol basketball this year--for some reason the timing just didn't work out for me. I had some time tonight, so I decided to sit down and watch this game.

I was shocked! I don't think I've ever seen players this talented so poorly coached. No defense, no game plan on offense, not inspired, slow, clumsy, horrible shooters. Running around like wild ladies with no dicipline or plan.

You can get all the number one recruiting classes from now until forever, but if they are coached up like this team, they MIGHT make a top 25 at the end of the year--on talent alone.
I, like you have not watch much Lady Vol b-ball this year (or for several years,, 10 or so) too frustrating. But when I do watch (of and on against Bama) what I see as soon as I turn them on is a two girl show. Now I know Narde and Russell are team leaders, but the two of them are not good enough to win many games. Where are the other three players? Poor coaching to not make other three get involved..

Tennessee women's bball history to score 1500 points and 1000 rebounds with her double double.

Also, Rennia Davis had a double double nailing some impressive looking shots from the perimeter in the process.

Other players hit some good looking shots and I noticed a few 3's made like it was money in the bank clockwork.

I agree that there were some careless turnovers and 50/50 balls where it looks like the team was out of position or just got plain out-hustled, but there were a lot of bright spots to build on out there too.

Go Vols!

Holly has been building for several years now and her building is not out of the ground yet.

Go Vols!

Glad you tried to find some positives from this game, but a loss is a loss and your last sentence points out symptoms of a much bigger problem with this team.

He reached way, way down deep, deep inside, and came up with...an OPINION!!

Just like you and everybody else on this site does, without ever having to explain their thought processes. Opinion board, got it? lol

His opinion was to determine if the other posters opinion had any validity outside of the posters emotions. That is an acceptable use of discussion Don. At least that's my opinion.

This team started the season with some enthusiasm now they have none. Holly has taken it all away I don't think they trust her system because they are not playing hard.

Both coaches and players share the fault. Everybody's letting the program down. They represent the Lady Vols and they should be grateful for the opportunity. If they can't give their all and show more pride, it's better for the season to end as soon as possible.

Go Vols!

See I thought everyone on this site were fans. However, when I read posts like this one, I had no idea that so many posters on here coached and played basketball at a collegiate level or higher. Maybe Fulmer should give some of these folks consideration for the next coach, which will open up in maybe five to ten years from now, when the actual qualified coach retires.
The post above was the only rationale one on here.

Wait till our team makes a big run in the NCAAT, all the way to the Sweet 16. Raise and extension otw.

It is so sad to see what once was an elite program being taken down game by game. Should Mr Fulmer decide not to fire her at the end of the season then he is not the right person for the position. History made again tonight, just not in a good way. She is a disgrace to Women's Basketball. After the Georgia game she made the comment on TV that her girls tried to make sport center highlight on every play, but she was proud of them. That folks is our problem, she requires very little, and teaches even less. She lacks the ability to prepare a team, and is an even worse bench coach. I guess we will see as the next two games loom as loses.

Everyone knows WHO the problem is but no one with BALLS will fire her. That's what happens when universities become too PC compliant. This is SPORTS! In sports you live or die by success, that's the nature of the business but as long as they are satisfied with being PC compliant then that's what you have, a women's program in name only. Sad---very, very sad!

Go Vols!
This has to be sarcasm, nobody can be this blind.

Reactions: 4 people
This has to be sarcasm, nobody can be this blind.

How bout him?

See I thought everyone on this site were fans. However, when I read posts like this one, I had no idea that so many posters on here coached and played basketball at a collegiate level or higher. Maybe Fulmer should give some of these folks consideration for the next coach, which will open up in maybe five to ten years from now, when the actual qualified coach retires.
The post above was the only rationale one on here.

VN Store

Back