Witten a Lock for NFL HOF?

WiseOlVol

With Peyton a lock, that'll give us 4, which is more than anyone In the SEC but bama 7.

Whitten, of course. (blame Apple)

Last edited:
jason whitten...that apple stuff makes it hard as heck to spell anything right.

jason still needs to have a couple of more good years. But he has a shot at it!

If Foster can remain consistent and squeak out another 7ish years I'd say he could maybe get close to being "a lock". He is already over the 5000 yard rushing mark..so a few more 1000 yard seasons and he will break top 25 all-time. He currently is 3rd all time in time required to reach 5000 yards.

This shouldn't even be a thread. The OP makes out like there might be a question. He and Gonzalez are locks at the TE positions if they retired several years ago.

Reactions: 2 people
Absolutely. In fact, the truth is he is one of the best football players of all time, not just tight ends. He will never be fully appreciated because of several reasons, mostly because he is not a minority and he doesnt demand any extra attention. Sadly that means you will go unnoticed to the casual observer. I knew he was the real deal when Bill Parcells called him the best football player in the NFL when he coached the Cowboys.

Last edited:
I don't see it, at the end of the day Witten is a poor man's Ben Coates, he's a decent Mark Chmura / Jim Peplinski type player

The fact he plays for the Cowboys does alot. The fact he is their all time leading receiver makes him a lock. First ballot HOFer IMO

VN Store

Back