Witten a Lock for NFL HOF?

Watched Jason play in highschool - college - PROs and the young man was nothing but consistent and one of the best players on the field at all times having to be accounted for by the other team. Yes he is headed for the HoF.

I think Witten deserves to get in, but I am biased. I do think people need to calm down about Gronk. He has only played two and a half years. Zero rings as well last I checked. When healthy he is a phenomenal player, but calling him better than Witten who has done it for ten years is a little premature in my opinion.

I think Witten deserves to get in, but I am biased. I do think people need to calm down about Gronk. He has only played two and a half years. Zero rings as well last I checked. When healthy he is a phenomenal player, but calling him better than Witten who has done it for ten years is a little premature in my opinion.

Dude had 37 td's in 42 games played.

He can not be covered.

Reactions: 3 people

I didn't realize Witten won a ring with Dallas? Rings shouldn't matter when it comes to getting in the HoF unless you're a coach or a QB. I hope Witten gets in the HoF some day, he's a great player and an even better person.

I didn't realize Witten won a ring with Dallas? Rings shouldn't matter when it comes to getting in the HoF unless you're a coach or a QB. I hope Witten gets in the HoF some day, he's a great player and an even better person.

Zero rings as well. Meaning the same as Witten. I keep seeing people saying it matters for Witten then blowing Gronk up like he has won one every year in the league.

He can not be covered.

Can he stay healthy? If so he will be a hall of famer as well. He is crazy good. Graham in New Orleans is just scratching the surface to his potential as well. Witten is in without question.

He can not be covered.

I don't disagree with that at all. Just saying that it has been a very short career. I would like to see how long that pace can be kept. Especially should Brady decide to walk at some point. HOF careers are not usually made in short order unless you are Gale Sayers.

I don't disagree with that at all. Just saying that it has been a very short career. I would like to see how long that pace can be kept. Especially should Brady decide to walk at some point. HOF careers are not usually made in short order unless you are Gale Sayers.

Escellent point. It has not been that long since most people would have said, without reservation, that Antonio Gates was the best TE in the NFL. He has been in the league as long as Jason has (10 years), but injuries are definitely catching up with Gates. This year, Gates has only 47 receptions for 523 yds. and 6 tds. Witten, on the other hand, is extremely tough and durable, kind of a cross between the Everready bunny rabbit, Lou Gehrig and Cal Ripken, Jr. I know it's a poor analogy but I'm sure you get the point.

Incidentally, with the exception of red zone production, Jason has already surpassed Gates' career numbers (640 receptions for 8,306 yds. and 82 touchdowns). As we have already noted, Romo tends to go to his wide receivers far more frequently in the red zone than Rivers, Brees or Brady.

Reactions: 1 person
Pretty unlikely. His stats won't be that impressive 5 years after he retires as passing in general increases, and more and more power forwards find themselves playing TE. Gonzalez and Gates will be the only 2 from the older TEs currently playing.

VN Store

Back