why is Worley so bad

Anyone who is really paying attention would at least notice that there's a WR getting chewed out after every pass play. I'm not saying Worley isn't struggling, but the receivers are just as bad.

Exactly. How many receptions did this group have coming into this year? A handfull and that's it....Dallas,Carter and Howard

Bottom line is that this kid plays scared come gametime. He does not want to get hit and it is very obvious. He is a pushover. When tiny reacted how he did Worley backed down, that is a kid who has no confidence. You can't coach confidence or mental strength into someone

Meh the team's had a rough 8 years. Plus no matter how hard these players scrub the Dooley won't come off. Butch is getting better players next year we'll be fine.

Reactions: 3 people
Meh the team's had a rough 8 years. Plus no matter how hard these players scrub the Dooley won't come off. Butch is getting better players next year we'll be fine.

Well said. Three years of practicing bad habits and bad coaching can not be changed in 9 months or so

Reactions: 2 people
I think we recruited Worley to get CP, and it worked. Having a receiver like him made Worley look much better in high school.

Reactions: 1 person
How did this guy get a scholarship at Tennessee.
He is not improving.
How many think it is time to burn a red shirt, or does Jones know the freshmen quarterbacks are as bad as Worley?.
Worley is killing us!.

You have to think that they are having trouble learning the system- cause Worley is bad and he's getting worse, week by week. THe second half today was pathetic.

If you watch his throwing mechanics, he doesn't lead with his elbow. There is no "whip" in his throwing motion. He pushes the football. He runs a zone read offense that is not suited for him. He is a minimal threat running or throwing the football. Dobbs is the most sensible QB to run Butch's offense.

He is not improving.
How many think it is time to burn a red shirt, or does Jones know the freshmen quarterbacks are as bad as Worley?.
Worley is killing us!.

Last week, we thought that Peterman was the answer, once he replaced Worley. Then after watching him play, we know better.

So, I trust bUTch to recognize if the freshmen are ready to play or not... Worley may be the best we have in this given situation,however; I don't see him keeping his starting job in 2014. He loses it, once the freshmen improve.

He was the Gatorade National Player of the Year. He sat and rotted for 2 years with 0 development as the last staff babied and put their effort into Bray. It was said that it was Worley, not Bray, that organized all the summer throwing programs. Yes, he got experience when Bray was hurt, but it was always against the best of the best teams, so that doesn't do a lot for confidence.

He is throwing to receivers that have NEVER played and North has only played WR for 5 games now (QB/RB in high school). It's going to take time. It's not what we want to hear in our immediate satisfaction culture, but that is reality.

Reactions: 3 people
He was the Gatorade National Player of the Year. He sat and rotted for 2 years with 0 development as the last staff babied and put their effort into Bray. It was said that it was Worley, not Bray, that organized all the summer throwing programs. Yes, he got experience when Bray was hurt, but it was always against the best of the best teams, so that doesn't do a lot for confidence.

He is throwing to receivers that have NEVER played and North has only played WR for 5 games now (QB/RB in high school). It's going to take time. It's not what we want to hear in our immediate satisfaction culture, but that is reality.

You don't get that award by being the best quarterback, but instead by accumulating the best statistics. He had terrible evaluations but a decent offer sheet, and the only reason I can figure is because of CP.

Worleys problem is his mechanics in throwing the ball. He is throwing straight overhand and can't control his release and that is why you have so many going over their head and at their feet. It isn't that he don't have the strength but his mechanics are bad. If he has been taught that for thee years then it will be hard for him to get out of the habits.

The guy throws the ball into the turf more than I've seen a ut qb do it! I wonder if the other two are just as bad? I mean we've had plenty of evidence he's not the guy! I am lost......come on south alabama?

Worley looks great at times. I am hopeful that he will begin to consistently look great. We know the ability is there, because we see glimpses of it. I think he is just unsure of himself right now. We need him to have a breakout game to get his confidence up.

It would be nice if we could hire our 2012 OL coach back. The guy we have now teaching technique doesn't work. These are seniors with a lot experience and did great last year.

Looks to me most of the problem is he doesn't like getting hit. I know most QBs don't like to but the guy is genuinely terrified of it. Pop him one time he won't hang in the pocket the remainder of the game and he will force passes.

He is not improving.
Worley is killing us!.

Wasn't he the high school National Gatorade Player of the Year or something?

The guy throws the ball into the turf more than I've seen a ut qb do it! I wonder if the other two are just as bad? I mean we've had plenty of evidence he's not the guy! I am lost......come on south alabama?

He literally melts under pressure. Watch how bad his mechanics become when facing a blitz. Never seen a quarterback throw off of his back foot more in my life.

It would be nice if we could hire our 2012 OL coach back. The guy we have now teaching technique doesn't work. These are seniors with a lot experience and did great last year.

Why? We now have the best OL coach in the country.

Said it before and will type it again.... we are NOT a Spread Option School ! Power I, Defense and Spec. Teams !!! TN, AL,.....nobody else. Then we win Titles

Said it before and will type it again.... we are NOT a Spread Option School ! Power I, Defense and Spec. Teams !!! TN, AL,.....nobody else. Then we win Titles

Or, we could recruit players to fit the system and be successful in a couple of years...which looks to be the plan. ***** and moan or hope and pray...your choice.

I hate to say this but I don't think that Worley is SEC caliber talent. He winds up like a pitcher and telegraphs his throws. I don't think Sprurrier offered him and he is from South Carolina right? Regardless, I'll still pull for him or any other Vol who puts on the orange. Just hope we can win enough to go to a Bowl. Next year Vols will be much better and I'm sure have a different signal caller.

Neither Clemson nor South Carolina offered him. The same goes for Jacob Park this year.
Those two schools have seen both of them in games a lot. Mechanics and being a system qb are very well known about Worley. Park has other issues.

Worley wanted to go to his parents alma mater, UNC, but they went after another SC qb instead.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back