why is Worley so bad

they can either play for the future and give u now. Or continue to get beat down and embarrassed now anyway. At least the first scenario gets your freshmen QBs invaluable experience.

I'd rather go down swinging with the guy the coaching staff has watched every day and deemed the best than throwing someone else in just because he may be better.

Butch didn't recruit him, you really think he feels any differently than I do!?

He deemed him the starter after spending camp with him, practice all fall, and starting someone else. Yes, I think he feels differently than a guy who watches on tv and not at any practices or anything.

Or, he's trying to win as many games as he can this year. If he "plays for the future" and then they suck next year too, and he keeps "playing for the future" he'll win 5 games 3 years in a row and get fired. I HATE the play for the future crap because it means you're giving up.

Wow really brah. Ok lets stick with worley for two years and suck, then when he graduates bring in dobbs or fergy who will have no experience. Where does that get you.

He deemed him the starter after spending camp with him, practice all fall, and starting someone else. Yes, I think he feels differently than a guy who watches on tv and not at any practices or anything.

Apparently practice does not = game performance. That or the other qb's throw a pick every other play. Any of these still support what I said; there's no way butch doesn't wish he had an Aaron Murray or other competent QB on this roster.

Wow really brah. Ok lets stick with worley for two years and suck, then when he graduates bring in dobbs or fergy who will have no experience. Where does that get you.

Where have I said Worley starts next year? I haven't. I said this year, Jones has deemed Worley the best option to win ball games. Ferguson, Dobbs, and Peterman all had the same chance to beat him in camp and in practice but didn't. If Ferguson beats him out in camp, so be it, but the guy who is there every damn day unlike you and everyone else on here thinks Worley is the best chance to win.

Reactions: 1 person
Apparently practice does not = game performance. That or the other qb's throw a pick every other play. Any of these still support what I said; there's no way butch doesn't wish he had an Aaron Murray or other competent QB on this roster.

I bet he wishes he had a defense that could tackle, too, but he's still putting the players he sees as the best on the field.

I am seriously getting to the point where I can't watch My BELOVED VOLS...I know that theres 10 other guys on the field with Worley but he is suppose to be the leader and make plays being a upper classman. I am tired of watching bad throws and stupid turnovers that HE is to blame for. If there is no play LIVE TO PLAY ANOTHER DOWN...nope he throws a pick! This isn't rocket science!! we will be LUCKY to win six games if a quarterback change isnt made!!!!
:loco:

Or, he's trying to win as many games as he can this year. If he "plays for the future" and then they suck next year too, and he keeps "playing for the future" he'll win 5 games 3 years in a row and get fired. I HATE the play for the future crap because it means you're giving up.

HA.

Yeah, I would hate to give up on this right now.

Then you've obviously never played sports. If your coach gives up on you or the season, then there is no reason for the players to not give up. See Dooley years.

I'm not saying give up. I'm saying to start a freshman.

At some point, if it isn't working you have to change.

We will not win many games.

Put in our freshman QB and say the future starts now.

I'm not saying give up. I'm saying to start a freshman.

At some point, if it isn't working you have to change.

We will not win many games.

Put in our freshman QB and say the future starts now.

You know by game 5 if they're ready to play, and Jones says they aren't. If he plays them now, then it is just to get them "invaluable experience", not to win games this year. That's giving up on the season and quitting.

The sad thing is no one on here really knows anything about the inter-workings and team dynamics of the vols

I hate to say this but I don't think that Worley is SEC caliber talent. He winds up like a pitcher and telegraphs his throws. I don't think Sprurrier offered him and he is from South Carolina right? Regardless, I'll still pull for him or any other Vol who puts on the orange. Just hope we can win enough to go to a Bowl. Next year Vols will be much better and I'm sure have a different signal caller.

I'd say we'll sacrifice worley to the next 3 massacres and then start a freshman.
When all else fails, take a page out of the Dooley book.

I'd say we'll sacrifice worley to the next 3 massacres and then start a freshman.
When all else fails, take a page out of the Dooley book.

And that's a total douchebag thing to do, and I'll lose so much respect for Jones. If the freshman is good enough to play Mizzou, Vandy, and Kentucky, then he's good enough to play against UGA, Bama, and USC. If he's not good enough, then Worley deserves to play the season.

Worley has limited arm strength and poor footwork. He throws off his back foot most of the time which makes him inaccurate. I don't know why Butch doesn't play Dobbs or Ferguson and let them gain experience behind a solid line for next season. Worley is not the answer and should not be a starter this year or next. He needs to be recruiting a Juco QB for next year as well.

Reactions: 2 people
Dobbs. Some mobility would be nice since none of them are extremely accurate. Having inexperienced wr's is adding to the problem.

How did this guy get a scholarship at Tennessee.
He is not improving.
How many think it is time to burn a red shirt, or does Jones know the freshmen quarterbacks are as bad as Worley?.
Worley is killing us!.
Because he is not very good...These are not North Carolina high school players anymore.
Another point...Metheny could very well run this offense. Maturity and Mobility. Two things I think Mister Worley is lacking at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Anyone who is really paying attention would at least notice that there's a WR getting chewed out after every pass play. I'm not saying Worley isn't struggling, but the receivers are just as bad.

How did this guy get a scholarship at Tennessee.
He is not improving.
How many think it is time to burn a red shirt, or does Jones know the freshmen quarterbacks are as bad as Worley?.
Worley is killing us!.

Look at the Wrs and the level of experience they have. Worley may be bad, but young inexperienced receivers don't help at all

VN Store

Back