Who was the last home grown Tennessean football hero.

Yeah, he was terrible. All he did was lead UT to two SEC championships and three major bowl appearances.

If he'd only been the greatest quarterback to ever play in the Citrus Bowl, you'd probably love him to death. But he never made it to the Citrus Bowl; the Vols had to settle for those crummy Cotton, Sugar and Fiesta bowls when Andy was around. :stinker2:

:hi::good!: :rock:

John Henderson - Nashville, TN... Outland Trophy Winner 2000, AP All American

Travis Stephens - Clarksville, TN.. He should have won the Doak Walker Award in 2001, AP All American.

There are plenty of great names already mentioned. But, when talking about "homegrown" heroes, it's hard not to mention Knoxville's own Jackie Walker. The first black All-America (two times), and first black captain of any SEC sports team when selected in 1971. I believe he still holds the NCAA record for most interceptions returned for touchdowns.

Flair%20with%20Steve%20Spurrier-medium.jpg

Why is Ric sweating and Spurrier looking disheveled and guilty?:)

wow....

Johnny Majors, Reggie White, DOUG ATKINS!!!, Al Wilson, ect..........

I was talking about QB"s and really great skill players. How many all-americans and GREAT NCAA skill players have come from this state (BORN AND RAISED)......since 1990???

Golden Tate?????
Al Wilson.....LB
Dustin Colquit.....P
travis Stephens...maybe....
Todd Helton does not count............baseball!

Name another? please......I would love to know. I'm sure I missed a couple...but not many.

10 pages in and no one got it right

most recent tennessean to be in "hero status" is randall cobb. hes a hero to kentucky fans, hes from tennessee, and he still plays. that is the only corect answer.

VN Store

Back