Who was the last home grown Tennessean football hero.

cmelton7

I like Nick Reveiz, but who do you guys think is the last Tennessee born and raised home grown icon in football? You can even list a b-ball player if you want. (Chism, Bradshaw, J. Smith, Prince come to mind, but football is intriguing).

Travis Stephens

626454.jpg

Last edited:
I like Nick Reveiz, but who do you guys think is the last Tennessee born and raised home grown icon in football? You can even list a b-ball player if you want. (Chism, Bradshaw, J. Smith, Prince come to mind, but football is intriguing).

50256_238654768626_3348_n.jpg

I can't believe this is even a debate...does it not have to be the greatest Tennessean in history...ROD WILKES!

Andy Kelly......the Pride of Rhea County still ranks as my favorite.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I would say the pride of The Howard Hustling Tigers in Chattanooga, Mr Reggie White ! ! ! !

The best in the history of Tennessee football and my hometown boy "Reggie White". My mom knew him and saw him grow up at Howard elementary and Howard High School where she was the secretary there for many years. He and Charles Morgan went to the Vols and yes we all know the story of Morgan after the Alabama game.

The best in the history of Tennessee football and my hometown boy "Reggie White". My mom knew him and saw him grow up at Howard elementary and Howard High School where she was the secretary there for many years. He and Charles Morgan went to the Vols and yes we all know the story of Morgan after the Alabama game.

Please tell us!

Throwing Bill Bates into the hat. The Original "Slobbernocker" and ironically from the same Knoxville HS as Nick. Go Admirals!!

Last edited:
Reggie Cobb was a beast! I played against witten in high school. We beat them by a td the first game of the season and they never lost another game that year. I guess we woke the sleeping giant.

VN Store

Back