Who gets what minutes next season?

Don't think anyone is giving up on them, but it's very clear that Barnes saw the need to add some experience at the PG position and some added fire power in the back court.
Bone and Turner have 3 years of eligibility left.

Are Bone and Turner too similar for both guys to have a growing role on the team moving forward? If one guy doesn't end up making it here I think that may end up being a big reason why.

First Team:
1 Darrington
2 Bowden
3 Schofield
4 Williams
5 Alexander

6th men: Fulkerson/Johnson/Daniel

Reserves:
1 Bone/Turner
2 Daniel/Turner
3 Johnson/Pons
4 Walker/Pons/Fulkerson
5 Fulkerson/Kent

First Team:
1 Darrington
2 Bowden
3 Schofield
4 Williams
5 Alexander

6th men: Fulkerson/Johnson/Daniel

Reserves:
1 Bone/Turner
2 Daniel/Turner
3 Johnson/Pons
4 Walker/Pons/Fulkerson
5 Fulkerson/Kent

Do you think it's possible that Rick starts Alexander but gives more minutes per game to someone like Fulk who comes off the bench to play both post positions? Could be a good way to mitigate fouls and also experiment with different combinations at the 4 and 5.

I would also love to see what Williams could do in an up-tempo small ball lineup with 4 guards for shorter spurts. Depending on our opponent and our foul situation I could see Williams checking out at the 11 minute mark in the 1st half and coming back in with 3-4 minutes left with 4 perimeter players around him. Would also be a good way to distribute minutes in a crowded backcourt. Thoughts?

Do you think it's possible that Rick starts Alexander but gives more minutes per game to someone like Fulk who comes off the bench to play both post positions? Could be a good way to mitigate fouls and also experiment with different combinations at the 4 and 5.

I would also love to see what Williams could do in an up-tempo small ball lineup with 4 guards for shorter spurts. Depending on our opponent and our foul situation I could see Williams checking out at the 11 minute mark in the 1st half and coming back in with 3-4 minutes left with 4 perimeter players around him. Would also be a good way to distribute minutes in a crowded backcourt. Thoughts?

It's really hard to say what's going to happen in the post. That additional surgery could really hamper Fulkerson's return to where he left off. What was it, shoulder? I think the wrist/elbow was his off hand but the shoulder was possibly on his strong (left?) hand.

Last night Williams was playing around on the perimeter... dribbling a little like a Globetrotter. Behind his back, through his legs... I was kind of impressed. His go to move though is the fadeaway baseline shot near the paint with a defender on his back.

I could see Darrington, Daniel, Bowden, Johnson, and Williams on the court together. Last year I had thought that Johnson was going to going to be a guard/perimeter player. He's a slasher/dunker that looks more comfortable handling the ball than Mostella looked.

I wish Daniel and Pons were here for the RTL.

I feel kind of bad for Turner. He might be the odd man out and he's used up his redshirt.

It's really hard to say what's going to happen in the post. That additional surgery could really hamper Fulkerson's return to where he left off. What was it, shoulder? I think the wrist/elbow was his off hand but the shoulder was possibly on his strong (left?) hand.

Last night Williams was playing around on the perimeter... dribbling a little like a Globetrotter. Behind his back, through his legs... I was kind of impressed. His go to move though is the fadeaway baseline shot near the paint with a defender on his back.

I could see Darrington, Daniel, Bowden, Johnson, and Williams on the court together. Last year I had thought that Johnson was going to going to be a guard/perimeter player. He's a slasher/dunker that looks more comfortable handling the ball than Mostella looked.

I wish Daniel and Pons were here for the RTL.

I feel kind of bad for Turner. He might be the odd man out and he's used up his redshirt.

Yep, the first surgery was on his right elbow to repair damage from a dislocation and he later got 2 pins in his right wrist, but as you pointed out it's his off hand. The shoulder surgery was to repair a partially torn labrum in his left shoulder. Hopefully he will be on the up and up by fall camp, though. Surgery was the right move. Sling for 2 months, therapy after that, team docs will feed him antibiotics to help with inflammation and he will be getting shots up by September if not earlier.

When Dwight Howard tore his labrum in 2013 he chose not to get it repaired and hasn't been the same since.

It might be more fun to predict the number of different starting lineups for the year. I bet it's a bunch.

VN Store

Back