Who gets what minutes next season?

Yeah, I think it was HS. He supposedly went JUCO to further work on his PG skills according to one of the post-commitment articles.

This is what I read on 247:

Darrington, a Toledo, Ohio, native, was a shooting guard when he singed with Vincennes out of Toledo's Scott High School, but moved to point guard between his freshman and sophomore seasons at the school. He'll have two years of eligibility remaining at his next stop.

http://tennessee.247sports.com/Arti...ris-Darrington-committs-to-Tennessee-52620451

Last edited:
Can't wait to see this guy in Orange! Talk @ athletic .... I read that his vertical is like 101!!!

Centimeters.

In Europe, he's 1.98 Meters tall.
As Clark Griswold would say, "That's 6'6" to you and me, Rusty."

Darrington split time at the point with Jeremiah Bell in his freshman season. Even then he was recording games of 6-12 assists.
Moved to primary PG in second season splitting time with Tisdale but still averaging 39 minutes. Added more games of 6-12 assists.

This is what impresses me so much about the youngster. Can shoot at a high percentage and still focus on getting his team mates in the flow.

This is what I read on 247:

Darrington, a Toledo, Ohio, native, was a shooting guard when he singed with Vincennes out of Toledo's Scott High School, but moved to point guard between his freshman and sophomore seasons at the school. He'll have two years of eligibility remaining at his next stop.

http://tennessee.247sports.com/Arti...ris-Darrington-committs-to-Tennessee-52620451

Well, maybe I was the one who misread then. Oh well. In either case, we know he wants to play PG.

Don't overlook that Darrington has only played PG for one season and it was at the JUCO level. He might not be setting the world on fire this upcoming year.

I noticed. Most of these projections have Darrington at point and Turner at the 2. I might switch those two considering Darrington doesn't have a lot of experience as a true PG. Turner is a true PG either, but out of the two I think Darrington is more suited for the two with his scoring ability.

I noticed. Most of these projections have Darrington at point and Turner at the 2. I might switch those two considering Darrington doesn't have a lot of experience as a true PG. Turner is a true PG either, but out of the two I think Darrington is more suited for the two with his scoring ability.

Except for the fact he said very clearly he's a PG and that's what he's looking to play.

Reactions: 1 person
Regardless of what the negative posters have to say, I'm excited about this years team. I think we'll make a good run in the SEC and make the NCAA Tournament. We finally have good depth.

Pons will have some games next year that will leave people in awe. Guy is gonna ball out.

The only question I have on Pons is his competitive transition. The Euro competition wasn't exactly D-1 level competition. We will know early on if he has hiccups in the transition.

Shembari bailed--couldn't shoot a lick anyways so no worries there.

Makes for a better team, imo. Now you really have good players fighting for quality minutes.

IF Tennessee gets Daniels, this is what I would guess...

Bone 20/ Darrington 20
Daniels 20/ Turner 15/ Bowden 5
Bowden 15/ Pons 18/ Johnson 7
Williams 20/ Schofield 20
Fulkerson 18/ Alexander 12/ Williams 5/ Walker 5

Kent red shirting imo

The biggest thing is next years team can play different lineups, should be a very versatile group.

Bone 20/ Darrington 20

Kent red shirting imo

The biggest thing is next years team can play different lineups, should be a very versatile group.
Just 7 minutes for Johnson? I think he gets atleast 10-15

Bone 20/ Darrington 20

Kent red shirting imo

This is pretty darn close. I do think Johnson may get more minutes as well. Barnes may go more "hot hand" or matchups for the 3 position between Bowden, Pons, and Johnson. I still think there is a chance that Alexander isn't on the team next year and nobody redshirts.

A lot of IFS this season could determine the difference between 17 and 20+ wins.
If we land Daniel and he finds his shooting skill from 15-16.
If Darrington has the confidence to general a squad and continue to distribute and score.
if Walker gets back into shape and plays like he did 15-16.
And everyone stays healthy.

Barnes has added all the missing elements that led to last seasons late collapse; size, leadership and perimeter shooting.
Add some LUCK and it could be a very good season.

Starting 5 predictions now that Daniel has committed? Imo
PG- Daniel
SG- Bowden
SF- Schofield
PF- Williams
C- Fulkerson

PG- Daniel
SG- Bowden
SF- Schofield
PF- Williams
C- Fulkerson

Schofield better work hard in the off season and have an outstanding attitude. He grew up in a military family... it's possible that he could thrive if he's matured.

PG- Daniel
SG- Bowden
SF- Schofield
PF- Williams
C- Fulkerson

I doubt Daniel sees much at PG.
With him at the 2 and Darrington at PG you have 2 guys on the floor capable of sinking 5 3s in a game.
One of Barnes' biggest criticisms about his players has been the reluctance to shoot.
He's added 2 guys that will turn it loose.

Bone/Darrington
Daniel/Turner
Bowden/Pons
Williams/Schofield
Alexander/Fulkerson

Leaves Walker and Johnson vying for minutes, I believe Kent redshirts.

If Walker could be half the sleeper that Williams was last year..whoa. He looks like he could put on another 20 pounds and be a bruiser like Maymon. Big ifs I know, but imagine what it would look like with Williams, Walker, and Admiral banging the boards at the same time.

VN Store

Back