Which recruits will be in the swamp?

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenn...13-media-jumpin-lane-train-2.html#post2706239
This is a great thread linking to stories lauding our coaching staff after that game.

Other things of note from the UF game include the J Jackson hit. You can bet everyone noted that he was a true freshman, and that M Hughes was the true freshman DL who caused the Tebow fumble.

The SEC had a good day in that Auburn remained undefeated by beating a West Virginia team that still had some speedy Rich Rod recruits like Noel Devine. This makes that Auburn game mean even more. If TN is going to move beyond 2-2 and into a meaningful win, we must beat Auburn. Thankfully I am not sure they will have played a defense like ours by the time we get them.

Watching Devine reminded me of how much I want Dyer. Watching Mallet reminded me of how excited I am that Bray is coming and Crompton is finishing up his college career. In the parallel universe where Mallett comes to UT instead of Arkansas, if Kiffin has him today we beat UF.

It was also good for the conference that UK beat Louisville. People tend to forget that these kind of games are not gimmes and that the SEC looks better and better when we get to beat teams with good OOC records.

Great news for us that USC lost to UW. UW has already been beaten by an SEC team in their house this year and USC is again demonstrating that they cannot get through a season without losing to an inferior team. You get the impression even this early in the season, that once Kiffin has the horses he will not lose those types of games. George Uko is said to have eliminated us, but USC is not going to have the same shine after today. R Powell watched us today in the Swamp and I have to think a part of him was more impressed with us sacking Tebow than with the vaunted UF defense doing nothing in the pass rush against a QB who clearly would struggle if he was playing in Division 2.

UNC continues to win, which is bad for our recruitment of Leifheit. You have to think watching them that eventually they will trip up a few times, and I would love to end up in a bowl against them, because I think we would get the W and it would be good for our profile and our recruiting to thump Butch Davis.

We knocked out their QB but you hope that UCLA can hold on at home against a truly awful K State squad.

All in all today was a great day for UT recruiting which sounds so strange since we are 1-2 at this point.

Monte Kiffin is the finest defensive coach in college football and it is clear that we need talent upgrades at key positions but also that those great new players will play right away.

Rumor has it that Powell committed to us after the game. I don't know where this rumor started that Kiffin talked to anyone, I was at the game, and he shook Meyer's hand and went to the locker room.

2 fans posted it on VQ about Luc coming up and grabbing Kiffin. I wouldn't have even posted it here, but both of those guys who posted it are pretty solid...

48299859.JPG

we were fairly competitive with no threat of a passing game and a defense that spent way too much time on the field.

recruits should be thinking, "The guys in orange pants brought it today. Their staff is for real."

Hopefully they'll be lining up to get their orange pants for next season! Which by the way, I love with the white jersey. I guess we shall wait and see who the next commit is. My guess is it won't take long to find out.

I got blasted on my boards a couple of weeks ago when I said UF was overrated and Tebow would have a bad year because the defenses he will face will be better. UT shut Tebow down. They might have won the game, but that was no Heisman performance by him. UTs defense made UF looked rushed all the time, as if every play they had to scramble.

I think it bodes very well for UT. I can't say it will have a huge impact on prospects that UT are still after, but I do believe it will help keep the ones they have commited now, because what the staff sold them on they saw on the field today. The current recruits were sold on the idea that what this staff is capable of can bring UT back to the top. Today just demonstrated that, especially considering UF has more talent but couldn't out perform UT like they thought they could.
Posted via VolNation Mobile[/size

I agree Tebow is overrated. ESPN builds him up as the best college player ever. Eric Berry was clearly the best player on the field today. Tebow is protected by a scheme and system that utlizes his talent. Percy Harvin was their best player last year. If we had a decent qb, Lane Kiffin would be singing Rocky Top all night long. I admire Tebow's heart but he is not that good. Put him on another team andhe is mediocre.

Last edited:
i wonder what jeff luc was thinking along with the other recruits

Hopefully Luc's thoughts were as follows, "Eff that crater face ass Meyer, I'm going with the young pimp ass cocky CLK with a stout defense, who will have this program competing for a national championship in 1-2 yrs, with the help of our #1 ranked 2010 recruiting class that I will headline!" Kids...they think the darndest things.

I say no commits till the Auburn Game and the the UGA Game then UT will be just about done.

R Powell committing to us. Ridiculous. I hope it's true

Remember that Powell has so much athleticism that he can actually run routes and catch balls. He has the ability to play TE or DE. I have seen the footage of him working out as a TE going one on one and kicking major tail. He is a beast stud, a legit 5 star. If we get Powell...holy shnikeys!

Luc...that would be simply amazing. He's going to want to make a decision soon too. He is enrolling eary so I am sure decision time is around the corner.

WE NEED THOSE O LINEMEN NOW. Stone, James, Cullen, others where are you? We have twin brother walk ons that held strong against a stout D Line. We opened some holes for some of the best backs in the SEC. We have an NFL Zone Blocking Scheme that will get you ready for the next level. We need you boys now.

R Powell committing to us. Ridiculous. I hope it's true

Remember that Powell has so much athleticism that he can actually run routes and catch balls. He has the ability to play TE or DE. I have seen the footage of him working out as a TE going one on one and kicking major tail. He is a beast stud, a legit 5 star. If we get Powell...holy shnikeys!

Luc...that would be simply amazing. He's going to want to make a decision soon too. He is enrolling eary so I am sure decision time is around the corner.

WE NEED THOSE O LINEMEN NOW. Stone, James, Cullen, others where are you? We have twin brother walk ons that held strong against a stout D Line. We opened some holes for some of the best backs in the SEC. We have an NFL Zone Blocking Scheme that will get you ready for the next level. We need you boys now.

That was a Gator fan saying that he heard that Powell committed to Florida. That is just a rumor.
Go VOLS!

I think all the smart football fans have taken notice, we are on our way to the top. Want it be great when we start having to turn 4 star recruits away because we have to many commits. Having close to a number one class every year is what we will begin to expect and it will be great because I can get back to my life and get off these recruiting boards.

A) That's awesome because it's Luc.

B) I am not surprised seeing as it's a defensive player. I just hope the staff can hold on to the offensive players they have committed and bring in more offensive linemen.

C) Vols!!!!!
Right now, we have the answer to what ails us (QB and WR play) onboard (commitment list), and they can't get here fast enough. I wish all the WR's could enroll early. For those that can, they have a legitimate shot at being the game changer this time next year....the kind of which could've given this team a victory today.

Last edited:
I got blasted on my boards a couple of weeks ago when I said UF was overrated and Tebow would have a bad year because the defenses he will face will be better. UT shut Tebow down. They might have won the game, but that was no Heisman performance by him. UTs defense made UF looked rushed all the time, as if every play they had to scramble.

I think it bodes very well for UT. I can't say it will have a huge impact on prospects that UT are still after, but I do believe it will help keep the ones they have commited now, because what the staff sold them on they saw on the field today. The current recruits were sold on the idea that what this staff is capable of can bring UT back to the top. Today just demonstrated that, especially considering UF has more talent but couldn't out perform UT like they thought they could.

thanks for the respect.. bama looked good today..

If somehow we landed Powell, JC Copeland would probably go to Auburn IMO. Which would only move us up in the recruiting rankings with droppin a 4 and addin a 5. It would keep us with 9 schollys. Luc is the central piece that would make this a number one class.

Posted via VolNation Mobile[/size

I agree Tebow is overrated. ESPN builds him up as the best college player ever. Eric Berry was clearly the best player on the field today. Tebow is protected by a scheme and system that utlizes his talent. Percy Harvin was their best player last year. If we had a decent qb, Lane Kiffin would be singing Rocky Top all night long. I admire Tebow's heart but he is not that good. Put him on another team andhe is mediocre.

tebow is not over rated he caries the Gators

Rumor has it that Powell committed to us after the game. I don't know where this rumor started that Kiffin talked to anyone, I was at the game, and he shook Meyer's hand and went to the locker room.

This is false. He stopped long enough to tell Traci Wolfson, "I can't hear you. Rocky Top is playing." Get your facts.

Coaching, coaching, coaching. What does it tell you when 2 former walkons can hold their own against arguably the best Dline in the country. Not to mention, how great is it to watch a game when the field isn't littered with yellow penalty flags for offensive line calls in a place as loud as the Swamp?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

10 point lead by Florida with 8:11 left in fourth quarter. How about those VOLS! Let's keep it close and listen next week what those smarta$$ Sports anchors have to say about TN and Lane Kiffin.
Go VOLS!

:clapping:

:worship:

I don't see how any defensive recruit out there could watch that game and the hits and attitude our defense brought to the swamp and not say,"I want to be a part of that"

VN Store

Back