Which recruits will be in the swamp?

10 point lead by Florida with 8:11 left in fourth quarter. How about those VOLS! Let's keep it close and listen next week what those smarta$$ Sports anchors have to say about TN and Lane Kiffin.
Go VOLS!

:clapping:

Florida 23-13 victory over the Vols... what do I think?

Who will be the next recruit to commit to the Vols. Great effort by the team!

Go Vols!

Monte's defense made Tebow look fairly average. Sure he had some nice scrambles, but he was supposed to be throwing 70 yard TDs every other possession. That has to look good for us.

Call it orange Kool-Aid, orange colored sunglasses, or just bleeding orange, but we had a big win on the recruiting front today regardless of the final score!

Call it orange Kool-Aid, orange colored sunglasses, or just bleeding orange, but we had a big win on the recruiting front today regardless of the final score!

Recruits may not be super familiar with every player on both of the rosters, but they all know that Jon Crompton and Tim Tebow will be gone next season. Who's the winner in that scenario? Some of these guys might actually be thinking UT wins this game in 2010.

we were fairly competitive with no threat of a passing game and a defense that spent way too much time on the field.

recruits should be thinking, "The guys in orange pants brought it today. Their staff is for real."

No doubt. Recruits will see our very respectable performance and see that our team is heading in the right direction. We need to put up some wins this year.

I got blasted on my boards a couple of weeks ago when I said UF was overrated and Tebow would have a bad year because the defenses he will face will be better. UT shut Tebow down. They might have won the game, but that was no Heisman performance by him. UTs defense made UF looked rushed all the time, as if every play they had to scramble.

I think it bodes very well for UT. I can't say it will have a huge impact on prospects that UT are still after, but I do believe it will help keep the ones they have commited now, because what the staff sold them on they saw on the field today. The current recruits were sold on the idea that what this staff is capable of can bring UT back to the top. Today just demonstrated that, especially considering UF has more talent but couldn't out perform UT like they thought they could.

I got blasted on my boards a couple of weeks ago when I said UF was overrated and Tebow would have a bad year because the defenses he will face will be better. UT shut Tebow down. They might have won the game, but that was no Heisman performance by him. UTs defense made UF looked rushed all the time, as if every play they had to scramble.

I think it bodes very well for UT. I can't say it will have a huge impact on prospects that UT are still after, but I do believe it will help keep the ones they have commited now, because what the staff sold them on they saw on the field today. The current recruits were sold on the idea that what this staff is capable of can bring UT back to the top. Today just demonstrated that, especially considering UF has more talent but couldn't out perform UT like they thought they could.

Thanks for the respectful quote. We are back on the road to recovery like you have said. I can only hope we have a 2nd year with Kiffin, like Bama had with Saban. Bama looked very good this afternoon.

ok, then I will say it....this will have a HUGE impact on the recruits that we are still after

I still say they need to push the "Our QB play next year can't possibly be any worse and Florida is losing supposedly the best college player ever" angle. That gives the UT the edge while you're in school, kiddo.

All i know is if im a recruit & i watched that game today, i see that Tennessee is 1 decent QB away from possibly upsetting the #1 team in the nation @ their place.

All i know is if im a recruit & i watched that game today, i see that Tennessee is 1 decent QB away from possibly upsetting the #1 team in the nation @ their place.

Agreed. 1-2 looks bad but if they can land the three they did following UCLA... this should be cake. Tennessee still needs to pull off a 7 win season at least. I hope this built the teams confidence up and they go out and roll off 8 or 9 wins. 8-1 or 7-2 to finish out. Asking a lot.

Im pretty sure that recruits are seeing that the players, the staff and especially Lane have MUCHO swag. That is a very, very good thing.

Super Lane :superman:

I really believe it's all positive. After that game in the swamp,how could a they not want to be a part of something this special?

My brother-in-law said that Kiffin walked over to the Florida recruits and talked to several of them after the game. Apparently the recruit's hosts pulled on Luc's arm to get him to leave. I love our boy.

actually the recruits were in the endzone from what I was told and Luc went over and grabbed Kiffin and supposedly a couple of other recruits (not sure who yet, will find out) wanted to met Kiffin....heard it was a couple of 2011 guys that have never met him yet....LOL

This 2 quotes should tell you all you need to know. They were both posts by 2 reliable posters on VQ...

V,B

VN Store

Back