Where's the faith in CBJ?

Just saying the man knows how to get players to come and contribute. I think he knows what kind we need to move forward.

In my profession, we have a concept called "professional skeptiscim."

Essentialy, it means to trust what you're told to an extent, but always verify it with supporting data.

As a fan base, we've been sold some bad deals in recent years on the coaching front.

I do trust Butch jones, but due to this program's history, I'm going to verify. When that verification process yields no reason for me to believe the decision is good, I don't have agree with it.

Exhibit A: Debord.

Butch is slick, he can recruit, and in some games, coaching has been brilliant. Bringing on CRG once graham left was another solid decision.

However, if the CEO of the company i audit tells me the RESULTS are good because he has a history of getting results, I will have to verify those results before I sign off on them. Just because he says it doesn't make it so.

I fully trust Butch to hire who he believe he needs to, but I'm going to make sure the results are there before I back it.

Reactions: 3 people

Essentialy, it means to trust what you're told to an extent, but always verify it with supporting data.

As a fan base, we've been sold some bad deals in recent years on the coaching front.

I do trust Butch jones, but due to this program's history, I'm going to verify. When that verification process yields no reason for me to believe the decision is good, I don't have agree with it.

Butch is slick, he can recruit, and in some games, coaching has been brilliant. Bringing on CRG once graham left was another solid decision.

However, if the CEO of the company i audit tells me the RESULTS are good because he has a history of getting results, I will have to verify those results before I sign off on them. Just because he says it doesn't make it so.

I fully trust Butch to hire who he believe he needs to, but I'm going to make sure the results are there before I back it.

Well said.

Most personable and dynamic coach in the history of Tennessee athletics...and if he turns out to be an average coach lets hope he recruits and obtains above average and excellent coaches...

LOL......It is easy to say if Jones can turn in a 13-0 season he will be a success.:eek:lol:

Fortunately, the line of thought that says Jones is succeeding and will continue to do so appears to be gaining strength at an increasing rate.

It is also very easy to find an opinion on here that says Jones will fail. What is very interesting is that you will not find a post that says Jones will fail that can be justified in fact. That opinion very quickly relies on nothing but speculation.

LOL......It is easy to say if Jones can turn in a 13-0 season he will be a success.:eek:lol:

So this is all about:

A: eCred and predicting how early something is a success or failure?

Or

B: being so "all in" or "all out" on a coach that his decision either is or isn't good based on that alone.

That's silly. Why can't I sit back and evaluate what I think of decisions instead of having to take one side or another before they're even made?

Reactions: 2 people
Ive got faith in CBJ.
Think its hilarious that all these mouthbreathers on VN think theyknow better than our own HC who should be our OC. When its his multimillion dollar salary and professional reputation on the line. SMDH at the ignorance and self importance of the legions of the miserable.
CbJ has outrecruited even Fulmer so far...with a losing record inherited...and been a great ambassador for our university. Even had great success with academics.
Is he great at the Xs and Os? The jury is still out IMO. The way he is recuiting we can compete for championships regardless. I will fully support his coaching hire regardless of who it is. I trust that he knows more about his staff than i do...and i jnderstand that they will be calling plays from the CBJ playbook regardless. He has made that very clear.
Best to just grab a seat and enjoy the ride. UT football is on the fast track back to national prominence and i am not gonna waste my time second guessing a guy that is paid millions to make these decisions. CBJ is a miracle worker and is way ahead of schedule after the dumpster fire the past clowns left him.
Its great to be a VOL! GBO VFL HUBANegas

Reactions: 1 person
In truth, it is fairly easy to recognize if a coach has the ability to organize and lead young men. Dooley never had it nor will he ever. Kiffin has the ability to rouse emotion but is not a true leader. He can function and flourish under the strong leadership of someone like Saban.

Jones exhibits leadership qualities and UT is beginning to show signs of positive growth because of it.

The danger, as I have posted before, is an impatient and foolish fan base seeking to wreck the train before reaching full potential.

Because that is what all sports fans want, to see their team fail.

You could probably stand to ease up on the psycho babble and power of positive affirmation.

Most people here get it at this point, anything beyond "Go Butch" in a post and you're going to criticize it.

Ask me after the 2016 season. We'll know then whether or not Butch is the guy to lead Tennessee football to titles.

The faith in Jones is out there somewhere with wins over the likes of Bama, Florida, and competing for the SEC East.

The more he wins, the more faith the fan base will have in him.

Fortunately, the line of thought that says Jones is succeeding and will continue to do so appears to be gaining strength at an increasing rate.

It is also very easy to find an opinion on here that says Jones will fail. What is very interesting is that you will not find a post that says Jones will fail that can be justified in fact. That opinion very quickly relies on nothing but speculation.

The guy made a sensible and reasonable post and your first reaction is to lol?
Perhaps GrudensAgent is right, anything outside of Butch gets it is intolerable.

Jones has recruited well, but it will take more winning to have total faith in the 3rd year coach? No?

The guy made a sensible and reasonable post and your first reaction is to lol?
Perhaps GrudensAgent is right, anything outside of Butch gets it is intolerable.

Boy you are really quick to jump on the attack Butch wagon aren't you.:whistling:

The guy tried to earn credibility by using a term he thought would buy him a chance to take a cheap shot at Jones.

He uses "professional skepticism" to justify his lack of confidence in Jones when in fact ALL supporting data shows a steady incline in team performance since Jones appeared on campus. This makes his claim of using a "verification process" dubious at best and in fact more than likely absolute BS.....that last part is my opinion.:)

Then to add to the farce he brings up "Exhibit A: Debord."
Now he is using legal terminology to insinuate that he knows enough about "Debord" to make such an evaluation. Like most contributors to this board, I am willing to bet he has no clue who "Debord" is except for the trash he reads here.

Yes, I call his post BS, but please note my willingness to explain how I arrived at my position.:hi:

Ive got faith in CBJ.
Think its hilarious that all these mouthbreathers on VN think theyknow better than our own HC who should be our OC. When its his multimillion dollar salary and professional reputation on the line. SMDH at the ignorance and self importance of the legions of the miserable.
CbJ has outrecruited even Fulmer so far...with a losing record inherited...and been a great ambassador for our university. Even had great success with academics.
Is he great at the Xs and Os? The jury is still out IMO. The way he is recuiting we can compete for championships regardless. I will fully support his coaching hire regardless of who it is. I trust that he knows more about his staff than i do...and i jnderstand that they will be calling plays from the CBJ playbook regardless. He has made that very clear.
Best to just grab a seat and enjoy the ride. UT football is on the fast track back to national prominence and i am not gonna waste my time second guessing a guy that is paid millions to make these decisions. CBJ is a miracle worker and is way ahead of schedule after the dumpster fire the past clowns left him.
Its great to be a VOL! GBO VFL HUBANegas

Opinions. We all have them. Do you agree with every decision a POTUS makes,esp in 1st term? I mean they have a lot on the line, so their decisions must be right, and we have no business disagreeing.

Boy you are really quick to jump on the attack Butch wagon aren't you.:whistling:

The guy tried to earn credibility by using a term he thought would buy him a chance to take a cheap shot at Jones.

He uses "professional skepticism" to justify his lack of confidence in Jones when in fact ALL supporting data shows a steady incline in team performance since Jones appeared on campus. This makes his claim of using a "verification process" dubious at best and in fact more than likely absolute BS.....that last part is my opinion.:)

Then to add to the farce he brings up "Exhibit A: Debord."
Now he is using legal terminology to insinuate that he knows enough about "Debord" to make such an evaluation. Like most contributors to this board, I am willing to bet he has no clue who "Debord" is except for the trash he reads here.

Yes, I call his post BS, but please note my willingness to explain how I arrived at my position.:hi:

I am constantly amazed at what you determine to be attacking. What the guy posted and what I defended him for was a wait and see approach at worst.

I am constantly amazed at what you determine to be attacking. What the guy posted and what I defended him for was a wait and see approach at worst.

Yeah, it could be that I actually read what people post and I get into trouble when I question them only to discover they didnt have a clue what they were posting in the first place.....My bad

Makes sense.
Support the team and give the coaches a chance to prove themselves. Seems fair.

You know Doyle, the way that people who attack Jones then want to run and play the victim really says a great deal about the veracity of their argument. :dunno:

As I've stated many times before, I have hope. I'm not going full trust and faith just yet. Butch has done a lot of good in his time here, now it needs to translate to wins. That's just my opinion.

We will do better this year, but they will still be young, so I am expecting them to challenge for the SEC in 2016. I just hope everyone doesn't get too excited if we do not challenge for the SEC this year.

VN Store

Back