Where's the faith in CBJ?

Eight is entirely reasonable: Bowling Green, Western Carolina, Kentucky, South Carolina, North Texas, Vanderbilt, and two of Oklahoma, Florida, Arkansas, Georgia, Missouri.

More ambitious but still in the realm of real possibility is 9 or 10 wins: BG, W Carolina, FL, ARK, KE, SC, N Texas, Mizzou, Vandy and maybe one of Oklahoma, Georgia, Alabama.

If we win 9, it would take GA losses to three other SEC teams for us to be in the SEC Champ game. If we win 10, and the 10th is GA, we're SEC East champs.

This is all doable by the team we may have at the end of Spring and Fall practices. Ambitious, but not outrageous to imagine.

But 8-4 regular season with a bowl win to 9-4 would certainly be considered a success.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Gotcha......just curious at what point people want to break and run instead of finish the job at hand.

Lol.
I'm going to assume then you were one of those giggling merrily in the passengers seat as Dooley was driving us over the cliff.

I don't do trust. I do however, read national sports sites and see TN name mentioned often again. This makes me at least support him.

I don't mind those who don't support him but I hope they keep this in mind - Being "just a fan" doesn't make your opinion wrong... But stop trying to convince me I should respect it over someone who does a good job (thus far) in their line of work.

Caps Lock and exclamation points don't make opinion - fact.
Nor does posting them in every freaking thread.

TRUTH!!!!...I mean...truth. :good!:

National championship or bust IMO!!! Hell, myers won one with a 3rd string Qb!! :D

Lol.
I'm going to assume then you were one of those giggling merrily in the passengers seat as Dooley was driving us over the cliff.

You do a lot of assuming man...like you anyway but the one's "giggling" as Dooley drove us over the cliff ended up in the same spot as the ones's whining and complaining about going over the cliff...over the cliff. :wink2:

You do a lot of assuming man...like you anyway but the one's "giggling" as Dooley drove us over the cliff ended up in the same spot as the ones's whining and complaining about going over the cliff...over the cliff. :wink2:

I only assumed because he assumes that I'm going to turn in all of my orange if my expectations aren't met. He preaches blind faith over and over. So, naturally I have to think he walked the same line with Dooley or that would make him a hypocrite.

Reactions: 2 people
Lol.

In truth, it is fairly easy to recognize if a coach has the ability to organize and lead young men. Dooley never had it nor will he ever. Kiffin has the ability to rouse emotion but is not a true leader. He can function and flourish under the strong leadership of someone like Saban.

Jones exhibits leadership qualities and UT is beginning to show signs of positive growth because of it.

The danger, as I have posted before, is an impatient and foolish fan base seeking to wreck the train before reaching full potential.

Reactions: 4 people
I only assumed because he assumes that I'm going to turn in all of my orange if my expectations aren't met. He preaches blind faith over and over. So, naturally I have to think he walked the same line with Dooley or that would make him a hypocrite.

You're a true fan...I've never doubted that.

Regular season.

I like 8. My only concern is having to use a fresman back-up at QB. It can be done but it would depend on him.

Well, that and if the OL still shows up looking like their playing for the other team. At minimum, I would want changes to the OL coach.

In truth, it is fairly easy to recognize if a coach has the ability to organize and lead young men. Dooley never had it nor will he ever. Kiffin has the ability to rouse emotion but is not a true leader. He can function and flourish under the strong leadership of someone like Saban.

Jones exhibits leadership qualities and UT is beginning to show signs of positive growth because of it.

The danger, as I have posted before, is an impatient and foolish fan base seeking to wreck the train before reaching full potential.

I don't see expecting 8 regular season wins next year as being impatient. I also realize that is strictly my opinion and not everyone will agree.

Let me go on record right now before the accusations start flying. If we fall short of 8 wins next season, I am not saying fire Butch.

I'm happy with the way things are going. CBJ has my trust til he craps the bed. 8 wins is reasonable next year imo but I wouldn't be ready to throw in the towel on him if it's only 7. I think he has til 2016 with the progress he's making.

C'mon Doyle, this site would be a great deal more enjoyable if people would get over this obsession with needing online affirmation. I don't ask you to sugar coat or PC your opinion and I'll tell you I absolutely refuse to do so. Jones ain't callin' my phone or yours any time soon looking for ideas.

Last edited:
C'mon Doyle, this site would be a great deal more enjoyable if people would get over this obsession with needing online affirmation. I don't ask you to sugar coat or PC your opinion and I'll tell you I absolutely refuse to do so. Jones ain't callin' my phone or yours any time soon looking for ideas.

I agree. Nothing you or I think or say amounts to a hill of beans in the grand scheme.

You base your faith in a coach and program on national columns?

No. First- I didn't use the word "faith" but I am sure you knew that when you decided to change my word.

Second- I believe UT is on the rise. Seeing us talked about in the rest of the FB world with those still on top, is simply a confirmation. More trust worthy than a "homers" opinion. And affirms that I'm not just being biased in my thoughts.

Third - Why do people try so hard to twist the meanings of simple statements to induce conflict? There are so many here that love to argue, go find one of them.

Let me go on record right now before the accusations start flying. If we fall short of 8 wins next season, I am not saying fire Butch.

Me either, but 7 wins next year would mean he would have to seriously overachieve in 2016 to win me back.

I'd say eight is the floor next year. I'd put the ceiling at ten. Georgia & Bama will have new qb's. Oklahoma is @ Neyland. Florida is admittedly it's own problem. The other games are winnable, with the home tilt against Arkansas being the toughest. Should be 8 to 10 wins in there somewhere.

Eight is entirely reasonable: Bowling Green, Western Carolina, Kentucky, South Carolina, North Texas, Vanderbilt, and two of Oklahoma, Florida, Arkansas, Georgia, Missouri.

More ambitious but still in the realm of real possibility is 9 or 10 wins: BG, W Carolina, FL, ARK, KE, SC, N Texas, Mizzou, Vandy and maybe one of Oklahoma, Georgia, Alabama.

If we win 9, it would take GA losses to three other SEC teams for us to be in the SEC Champ game. If we win 10, and the 10th is GA, we're SEC East champs.

This is all doable by the team we may have at the end of Spring and Fall practices. Ambitious, but not outrageous to imagine.

But 8-4 regular season with a bowl win to 9-4 would certainly be considered a success.

I'm all in sev weeks ago at 9-3 reg season, likely upgrading to 10-2 after O&W. 118 was a young/inexperienced group overall, receiving exceptional support from its freshmen; 119 is older/vastly-more-experienced, with likely a greater incoming group. Plug in this OC, sign everyone in (whichever occurs first) and we're off.

If we go 8-4, or even 7-5 again (which I can't see it) I will be satisfied with close, well-fought/coached games, then on to '016.

Even if Butch isn't the guy to win us championships, he's the right guy RIGHT NOW. to undo all that Kiffin and Fools has destroyed. Lets be thankful for that and hope for the best.

VN Store

Back