What my son said tonight

Yes I am! I’m a funny guy in real life but I’m not immature enough to cry constantly on a VN forum. CBJ isn’t the right fit here. I get that but I don’t get kicking a guy while he’s down. Everyone justifies their comments with the fact he makes a lot of money. When I look at CBJ I see a man who cares, who has failed, and who is suffering from it.
He could of negotiated a buyout and done the right thing but selfishly stays, so I feel no sympathy for him!

The real statement is glass houses and stones! Most on here are to immature to understand respect, appreciation, or moving on saying something nice.
I see a guy who claims to love these kids and UT, but basically has the whole world telling him the best thing for both is to move on.

Lol I’m being a jerk while everyone else is kicking Butch. I can get it if it’s Kiffin but I wouldn’t participate. I know a few facts! 1) He’s not a good fit here anymore 2) He worked very hard till the very last second trying to turn us around. 3) He has always been respectful to any fan from hearing stories. 4) His players have stayed out of the bad news for the most part.

I get it! It’s time to go but finding every reason to bash him by fans is being the jerk in my book. I’m not hiding from anyone. You can look up my golf shop in Charlotte and come talk to me face to face anytime and I’ll say the same thing. I want my kids to treat others with respect and don’t think I’ll correct them as well.

As a matter of fact I’ve had a few VN members come into my shop and played golf with them. No ones hiding here.

You are right about the fact that everyone has a right to post. I am posting because I’m tired of getting on here and reading everyone bashing someone who has given a portion of his life and countless hours trying to win for the fans. And before you say it, no I’m not going to stop coming on here because the immaturity level has risen significantly. Maybe I’m asking for others to let of the guy a little.

Strong, open, well spoken post. If I were in N.C. I would sure be by to see you, as what you have said needs to be the way Butch is perceived.

Reactions: 1 person
Good on you for adopting a child. World needs more parents that care and want to be involved.

Little back story: My son is the #14 RB in the country (according to o-d.com) among 7th & 8th graders (5th among just 7th graders).. his only hopes and dreams in life is to play for Maryville (we live in Orlando), get a scholarship to Tennessee, and be drafted to the NFL...

Well today out of the blue:
Him- "Pops, I'm sorry, but I am not going to Tennessee if Butch Jones is still there"

Me- "he WILL NOT be there in 6 years"

Him- "good, cause he sucks

Me- "I know, i wont let you go there if hes the coach"

He will be a baller (already is) but Tennessee is already screwing with their future..

Here's some of his highlights
#1 Jonathan Adams 12u Highlights w/ better instrumentals - YouTube

Future is bright for him, congrats!

Make sure he stops the back flipping after a completed pass before he gets to UT campus. Don't need the extra 15 yard penalty tacked on. :)

Lol I’m being a jerk while everyone else is kicking Butch. I can get it if it’s Kiffin but I wouldn’t participate. I know a few facts! 1) He’s not a good fit here anymore 2) He worked very hard till the very last second trying to turn us around. 3) He has always been respectful to any fan from hearing stories. 4) His players have stayed out of the bad news for the most part.

I get it! It’s time to go but finding every reason to bash him by fans is being the jerk in my book. I’m not hiding from anyone. You can look up my golf shop in Charlotte and come talk to me face to face anytime and I’ll say the same thing. I want my kids to treat others with respect and don’t think I’ll correct them as well.

As a matter of fact I’ve had a few VN members come into my shop and played golf with them. No ones hiding here.

You are right about the fact that everyone has a right to post. I am posting because I’m tired of getting on here and reading everyone bashing someone who has given a portion of his life and countless hours trying to win for the fans. And before you say it, no I’m not going to stop coming on here because the immaturity level has risen significantly. Maybe I’m asking for others to let of the guy a little.

Strong post.

My 13 year old once told me he planned to be a professional video gamer when he grew up.

I appreciate your pride, and wish the greatest success to your very talented son, but I'm also not sure the aspirations of 13 year olds actually brings clarity to the UT football program.

With that said, Go Vols, Fire Butch, and (again) congrats and well wishes to your son.

Agreed, we shall see.. but if knowing my son and his drive.. he will make it.. i mean, the kid had me tweet Alvin Kamara and ask him what his 40 time was in 7th grade (which was 5.2.. the exact same as my sons) so that he can be better than Kamara.. he watches the Inky Johnson speech before every game.. he is driven, and determined.. he wants to overcome the hand he was delt and be better in spite of where his biological parents started him off at...

I am a proud dad.. but anyone who knows half of what my kid has gone through already in his life, believes that he will make it

I know you're not bashing my son or saying he wont.. I just have a whole different perspective..

If you haven't checked out his highlight film.. go check it out

Agreed, we shall see.. but if knowing my son and his drive.. he will make it.. i mean, the kid had me tweet Alvin Kamara and ask him what his 40 time was in 7th grade (which was 5.2.. the exact same as my sons) so that he can be better than Kamara.. he watches the Inky Johnson speech before every game.. he is driven, and determined.. he wants to overcome the hand he was delt and be better in spite of where his biological parents started him off at...

I am a proud dad.. but anyone who knows half of what my kid has gone through already in his life, believes that he will make it

I know you're not bashing my son or saying he wont.. I just have a whole different perspective..

If you haven't checked out his highlight film.. go check it out

I wasn't bashing him, and have a huge heart for others--most especially the underprivileged. I sincerely hope that he wins the Heisman, signs a huge contract, and becomes a major source of inspiration for others. :salute:

I think grading and ranking elementary and middle school kids nationally is ridiculous and silly. So many things change between those years and college. I wouldn't get too caught up in counting on him being a top recruit or NFL draft pick several years from now.

Let the kid play hard and enjoy his developmental years without the pressure of being ranked and trying to climb in the rankings. That time will come soon enough if and when he gets to that point.

It's awesome you have adopted kids and showing them the love they otherwise may have missed out on. I salute you for that. :hi:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I think grading and ranking elementary and middle school kids nationally is ridiculous and silly. So many things change between those years and college. I wouldn't get too caught up in counting on him being a top recruit or NFL draft pick several years from now.

Let the kid play hard and enjoy his developmental years without the pressure of being ranked and trying to climb in the rankings. That time will come soon enough if and when he gets to that point.

It's awesome you have adopted kids and showing them the love they otherwise may have missed out on. I salute you for that. :hi:

I agree.. I do not pressure him, and I make sure and tell him all the time.. football is what you do, not who you are.. I've told him if he wanted to quit football, that I will support it.. he should play until it's not fun anymore.

Yes I am! I’m a funny guy in real life but I’m not immature enough to cry constantly on a VN forum. CBJ isn’t the right fit here. I get that but I don’t get kicking a guy while he’s down. Everyone justifies their comments with the fact he makes a lot of money. When I look at CBJ I see a man who cares, who has failed, and who is suffering from it.

The real statement is glass houses and stones! Most on here are to immature to understand respect, appreciation, or moving on saying something nice.

It’s not about kicking him while he’s down. At this point the fan base is literally trying to kick him out the door because the inept AD has still not done his damn job, which is fire this buffoon of a coach.

Let's end the suffering. FIRE HIM ALREADY!!!

Son may not like Butch Jones...but Robert Gillespie is churning out MEN at the RB position.

At first I thought, OK - Kamara is just Uber talented
Then I thought - John Kelly just has a special drive
But how do I explain Chandler and Fils-Aime

CRG is developing talent.

Wow. Did you all go to adopt one and ended up vacating an entire wing of the orphanage? Nice!

yes.. pretty much lol

but really, we adopted him and his 3 sisters... they are amazing kids, who have thrived in spite of the conditions they have lived through.. we now have 7

Listen, I'm not kicking Butch Jones while he is down.. my son met Butch Jones this summer and all he talked about was him getting recruited by him.. my point in this post is that my 13 year old son, who WANTS to go to Tennessee, can tell now that Butch Jones would be bad for his future...

I don't believe in kicking someone while they are down, I graduated from Maryville with Alison Fulmer, and I remember the crap she went through our senior year with the attack on her dad.. and I would never start a petition or anything like that.. but my 13 year old already telling he doesn't want to play for someone who wastes talent like CBJ is sad..

I was 13 as a Freshman in HS. He's in 7th grade?

Little back story: My son is the #14 RB in the country (according to o-d.com) among 7th & 8th graders (5th among just 7th graders).. his only hopes and dreams in life is to play for Maryville (we live in Orlando), get a scholarship to Tennessee, and be drafted to the NFL...

Well today out of the blue:
Him- "Pops, I'm sorry, but I am not going to Tennessee if Butch Jones is still there"

Me- "he WILL NOT be there in 6 years"

Him- "good, cause he sucks

Me- "I know, i wont let you go there if hes the coach"

He will be a baller (already is) but Tennessee is already screwing with their future..

Here's some of his highlights
#1 Jonathan Adams 12u Highlights w/ better instrumentals - YouTube

Better fire him now--don't want to lose any 7th graders.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back