What my son said tonight

Would much rather have His than yours on this board.

tenor.gif

Listen, I'm not kicking Butch Jones while he is down.. my son met Butch Jones this summer and all he talked about was him getting recruited by him.. my point in this post is that my 13 year old son, who WANTS to go to Tennessee, can tell now that Butch Jones would be bad for his future...

I don't believe in kicking someone while they are down, I graduated from Maryville with Alison Fulmer, and I remember the crap she went through our senior year with the attack on her dad.. and I would never start a petition or anything like that.. but my 13 year old already telling he doesn't want to play for someone who wastes talent like CBJ is sad..

Yeah, I was up in Maryville just enough to hear rumors and rumblings, but didn't know she was at MHS until later on. That was ugly.

My son just took the training wheels off of his tricycle.
Hes learned some of the words to Rocky Top too.
Of course, he’s 58. So, there’s that. :ermm:

Reactions: 4 people
Lol I’m being a jerk while everyone else is kicking Butch. I can get it if it’s Kiffin but I wouldn’t participate. I know a few facts! 1) He’s not a good fit here anymore 2) He worked very hard till the very last second trying to turn us around. 3) He has always been respectful to any fan from hearing stories. 4) His players have stayed out of the bad news for the most part.

I get it! It’s time to go but finding every reason to bash him by fans is being the jerk in my book. I’m not hiding from anyone. You can look up my golf shop in Charlotte and come talk to me face to face anytime and I’ll say the same thing. I want my kids to treat others with respect and don’t think I’ll correct them as well.

As a matter of fact I’ve had a few VN members come into my shop and played golf with them. No ones hiding here.

You are right about the fact that everyone has a right to post. I am posting because I’m tired of getting on here and reading everyone bashing someone who has given a portion of his life and countless hours trying to win for the fans. And before you say it, no I’m not going to stop coming on here because the immaturity level has risen significantly. Maybe I’m asking for others to let of the guy a little.

5,000 threads kicking Butch and you decide to cry about this one...?

Reactions: 1 person
Little back story: My son is the #14 RB in the country (according to o-d.com) among 7th & 8th graders (5th among just 7th graders).. his only hopes and dreams in life is to play for Maryville (we live in Orlando), get a scholarship to Tennessee, and be drafted to the NFL...

Well today out of the blue:
Him- "Pops, I'm sorry, but I am not going to Tennessee if Butch Jones is still there"

Me- "he WILL NOT be there in 6 years"

Him- "good, cause he sucks

Me- "I know, i wont let you go there if hes the coach"

He will be a baller (already is) but Tennessee is already screwing with their future..

Here's some of his highlights
#1 Jonathan Adams 12u Highlights w/ better instrumentals - YouTube
My suggestion, stop using your son in thia way.

Reactions: 5 people
Lol I’m being a jerk while everyone else is kicking Butch. I can get it if it’s Kiffin but I wouldn’t participate. I know a few facts! 1) He’s not a good fit here anymore 2) He worked very hard till the very last second trying to turn us around. 3) He has always been respectful to any fan from hearing stories. 4) His players have stayed out of the bad news for the most part.

I get it! It’s time to go but finding every reason to bash him by fans is being the jerk in my book. I’m not hiding from anyone. You can look up my golf shop in Charlotte and come talk to me face to face anytime and I’ll say the same thing. I want my kids to treat others with respect and don’t think I’ll correct them as well.

As a matter of fact I’ve had a few VN members come into my shop and played golf with them. No ones hiding here.

You are right about the fact that everyone has a right to post. I am posting because I’m tired of getting on here and reading everyone bashing someone who has given a portion of his life and countless hours trying to win for the fans. And before you say it, no I’m not going to stop coming on here because the immaturity level has risen significantly. Maybe I’m asking for others to let of the guy a little.
If you tired of getting on here read....perhaps you should get off.

Hey Pop, your son is pretty dang smart...sure hope you can come to Tennessee one day and he can play in Neyland...would be something to see...good luck to you and your son...:thumbsup:

PS. great post...thanks for sharing...:salute::salute:

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 3 people
Maybe the Kevin Durant of cliches and catch phrases, cause he sure as 💩 isn't the Kevin Durant of football coaches.

Butch would have to leave here and go be a coach at Bama, Win a title, and then sell that experience to his next head coaching gig as part of his i fallible system to be the Kevin Durant of football coaches.

The problem is that alumni and numerous others are totally invested in the love of the university. Others come here for the money and glory. Butch Jones is a good man and I believed he gave it his all but I too think it is time for him to go and escape the madness.
As a person he deserves better than all that has been recently been thrown at him.

Reactions: 3 people
Just my personal opinion for the OP. If possible I would try to back away from OD and get with a different association. There are tons of great organizations out there which help young players to develop and succeed. Many are actually free and others are cheap. Many times you can even find an academy (even for younger players) and be no more expensive than OD and a few others. It is also feasible to hire a one on one trainer for the price of a camp.

Not trying to be rude or anything just offering some advice. Also as your kid moves up in age take care of everything yourself. There is no need whatsoever for a recruiting service. Most will charge more than a lower recruit will even benefit from. If the kid is a 3 star type or above colleges will know. If they are lower type. He can contact coaches himself and directly send film and build a relationship. The most important thing to know is the actual unbiased ability of the kid. Knowing exactly where he/she is at will allow you and the kid to move forward accordingly.

Do not rely on the schools for filming or distribution. While many do this just fine and again if the kid is a star the coach can prob handle everything; however you and the kid want to be in control of his/her future. Make sure you or someone u know films the kid and never hire someone to so it as that is not needed. Sure the school will do it, but don't you want to have exactly what you guys want in it and send it to exactly were you want it.

Again just some advice. But again if it were me I would walk away from OD.

Thank you for the advice.. the o-d camp was introduced to us by a friend.. we put him there just to get an evaluation and some tips on where to go..

Everything filmed of him is done by me.. I don't pay for someone to film me son, when I can do it for free.. I also do the filming for his coaches so they have game tape...

He has an All-American Bowl in December w/ o-d in New Orleans, but after that, we will be looking at other stuff also for evaluation..

Again thank you for the advice, I'm new to all this and really could use it lol

Yeah, I was up in Maryville just enough to hear rumors and rumblings, but didn't know she was at MHS until later on. That was ugly.

Yea, there was a radio station starting a firefatphil.com and trying to get people to go.. and she called in and told them they should be ashamed of themselves that her daddy put everything he had into that team.. he missed her softball and basketball games, and family dinners all for that team, cause he loved it so much

Hey Pop, your son is pretty dang smart...sure hope you can come to Tennessee one day and he can play in Neyland...would be something to see...good luck to you and your son...:thumbsup:

PS. great post...thanks for sharing...:salute::salute:

GO VOLS!

All he does is study film.. 24/7 if hes not at school (A-B student) or doing hw, or practice, or playing, he is studying film.. and he is good at it...

Listen, I'm not kicking Butch Jones while he is down.. my son met Butch Jones this summer and all he talked about was him getting recruited by him.. my point in this post is that my 13 year old son, who WANTS to go to Tennessee, can tell now that Butch Jones would be bad for his future...

I don't believe in kicking someone while they are down, I graduated from Maryville with Alison Fulmer, and I remember the crap she went through our senior year with the attack on her dad.. and I would never start a petition or anything like that.. but my 13 year old already telling he doesn't want to play for someone who wastes talent like CBJ is sad..

My 13 year old once told me he planned to be a professional video gamer when he grew up.

I appreciate your pride, and wish the greatest success to your very talented son, but I'm also not sure the aspirations of 13 year olds actually brings clarity to the UT football program.

With that said, Go Vols, Fire Butch, and (again) congrats and well wishes to your son.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back