What if JG...

If JG doesnt cut it, put QD back in. If he sucks it up, then put McBride in. If he stinks it up? We might as well just run wildcat the whole time.

If you are a Vol fan, you hope JG plays well and the team wins. Leave it at that.

Exactly. VN mods should take away the use of the use of words "what and if" together in a post.

We've got a new qb starting with raw talent and hopefully value of reps (not leadership) at #1 qb. He is our only hope of elevating our play, while also keeping the D off the field all game. I'm excited to see him get his shot.

It is a lose-lose situation for Butch. JG plays well we'll all ***** and moan Butch was stupid not to start him all along. If he plays horribly we'll blame Butch for not developing a better quarterback.

I get it, CBJ has lost some of you forever and short of revealing himself as the second coming of Jesus Christ himself you hate him and want him fired. So it won't matter what our team does from now on.

Had he made the most out of the talent he had, he wouldn't be in the jam he's in.

Sorry, but this is a self-inflicted crisis. His ego has written a check that his ability cannot cash.

And it does matter what our team does from now on. That's why most / some of us want a new head coach. Apparently, we suffer from an affliction which allows us to examine results, and accurately forecast future performance.

Butch fans can always follow him to his next stop. Those of us who are Vol fans will be right here.

Go Vols.

... doesn't play any better than he has?

Not a prediction. Certainly not a hope. If the players play better around him and he succeeds where the Dormady led Vols failed... then I'm happy. UT wins.

But I still maintain that Jones has badly mismanaged this whole situation. If he believed for any reason that JG was his QB of the future then he should have just made the call in January, let QD go wherever he wanted, and gotten JG ready to play. Who knows maybe S Jones would have stayed if he were the first back up?

Now... where does he go if JG doesn't play well? Back to Dormady whose little remaining self-confidence has now been ground to fine powder? McBride who is nowhere near ready?

Dormady may be among the tiny percentage of people who can get up from something like this. But... this sure looks like a one-way street for Jones.

Jones should have stayed with Dormady as the starter and gradually increased JG reps and role. Instead he's made a knee jerk decision which may set JG back greatly and lead Dormady to move on to another school after this season. Butch may have cost us not one but two quarterbacks with his handling of this decision.

Regardless, we've been informed of how the booing has bothered Dormady. I'm hoping that the fans will back JG regardless of how he plays Saturday. Many of our fans have called and pushed for this. Well, now they have it. Accept things as they are and support the kid. He may or may not be the future, but we've hitched our wagon to him so we need to back him regardless.

Jones should have stayed with Dormady as the starter and gradually increased JG reps and role. Instead he's made a knee jerk decision which may set JG back greatly and lead Dormady to move on to another school after this season. Butch may have cost us not one but two quarterbacks with his handling of this decision.

Regardless, we've been informed of how the booing has bothered Dormady. I'm hoping that the fans will back JG regardless of how he plays Saturday. Many of our fans have called and pushed for this. Well, now they have it. Accept things as they are and support the kid. He may or may not be the future, but we've hitched our wagon to him so we need to back him regardless.

Who informed us of that? Someone who would be close enough to know, or a speculative post on VN?

Not a prediction. Certainly not a hope. If the players play better around him and he succeeds where the Dormady led Vols failed... then I'm happy. UT wins.

But I still maintain that Jones has badly mismanaged this whole situation. If he believed for any reason that JG was his QB of the future then he should have just made the call in January, let QD go wherever he wanted, and gotten JG ready to play. Who knows maybe S Jones would have stayed if he were the first back up?

Now... where does he go if JG doesn't play well? Back to Dormady whose little remaining self-confidence has now been ground to fine powder? McBride who is nowhere near ready?

Dormady may be among the tiny percentage of people who can get up from something like this. But... this sure looks like a one-way street for Jones.
CBJ said JG had a great practice looked great, thats good. Dormady threw 10 passes in the O&W game looked like razors even on deep outs timing looked seemless. Then he got his own car and ran in a crowd....I'll wait to be impressed coach Jones.

Reactions: 1 person

Knee jerk reaction to bench QD? Have you watched any of the games? I just pray JG can lead us to a win and build from there. Someone made the analogy of QD looking like a Cigar Store Indian and that was spot on.

Who informed us of that? Someone who would be close enough to know, or a speculative post on VN?

Keep up...reference the smith interview.

Edit: I've also heard the same from Josh and other radio guys.

Last edited:
I wish JG well but reality says he's not ready to win a sec game.

Muschamp puts a good defense on the field. Not ideal place to start a kid in his first game. Kinda like Florida 2013 when we screamed for Peterman to start. If Jones started Worley, he wins that game.

Knee jerk reaction to bench QD? Have you watched any of the games? I just pray JG can lead us to a win and build from there. Someone made the analogy of QD looking like a Cigar Store Indian and that was spot on.

Based of JG performance to date, he simply isn't ready. The decision to start him is a knee jerk/desperation move by Butch. It could backfire and ruin what confidence he has. Better to continue to ease him into an increased role. Hope he goes off on SC and becomes the QB we all think he is, but this is high risk.

Was it Dormady't lack of self confidence that made him underthrow at least 4-5 passes last Saturday, to the point hat Gary Danielson commented on it 2-3 times?

I am done with Dormady.

I will allow that maybe he had a bad day, I do believe in second chances and sometimes they work (see Peterman, Nathan). But...if he can't play well now because his "confidence is shattered" then he doesn't need to be playing for the University of Tennessee anyway.

Reactions: 2 people
It is a lose-lose situation for Butch. JG plays well we'll all ***** and moan Butch was stupid not to start him all along. If he plays horribly we'll blame Butch for not developing a better quarterback.

I get it, CBJ has lost some of you forever and short of revealing himself as the second coming of Jesus Christ himself you hate him and want him fired. So it won't matter what our team does from now on.

truth

JG could beat bama this year and some would find some kind of issue with both of them

Reactions: 3 people
I agree but doesn't that leave UT even worse off than they were?

Not sure it can be undone now. Maybe QD is just that mentally tough and would play well if re-inserted. I just haven't seen many people in any walk of life recover from where he is without a major change of scenery.

its funny how pro-dormady you are and you try to hide it. just come out and say it. its 100% everyone else's fault dormady stunk it up and you dont think JG is anywhere close. stop beating around the bush every thread

There's a chance JG plays better than QD, but it's not because he's a better passer. It's because our Wide Receivers are playing terrible, and even when they do get open, QD can't seem to hit 'em unless it's the 4th Quarter. If we can't throw the ball worth a crap anyway, we might as well take the QB who can run the ball better.

Still a major indictment of Butch regardless IMO. No excuse for our WRs to be this horrible. No excuse for QBs to be throwing the ball this poorly in Year #5. I think this is really Butch's undoing. At no point in the past 5 years can I remember saying "we have great QB play." Now that we're on our 3rd Offensive Coordinator, 2nd WR coach, and 3rd QB coach, I think we can safely say the common denominator here is Butch.

It's not really JG or QD's fault. Bring in someone who can actually coach QBs and WRs and I suspect the results would improve quickly.

That's not fair. Dobbs was inconsistent but he had several great games. Georgia in 2015, Florida and Georgia last year. As a matter of fact, he played well all of last season with the notable exception of South Carolina.

:lolabove:

you sound like another person who is mad dormady is being benched. i mean its not just some fans. it was an entire network of viewers calling for this during the uga game. many dont like cbj's ego, but even a peewee coach knows their had to be a change at that position going into the bye week. dormady has played average to horrible since the gatech game

Reactions: 2 people
If you are a Vol fan, you hope JG plays well and the team wins. Leave it at that.

And yet this board is filled with comments and threads of "If you care about this program you won't go to the USC game" and people calling into radio shows saying they hope the team loses.

its funny how pro-dormady you are and you try to hide it. just come out and say it. its 100% everyone else's fault dormady stunk it up and you dont think JG is anywhere close. stop beating around the bush every thread

It's amazing how anti-Dormady you are and that it's all his fault and everyone else played perfectly.

Was it Dormady't lack of self confidence that made him underthrow at least 4-5 passes last Saturday, to the point hat Gary Danielson commented on it 2-3 times?

I am done with Dormady.

I will allow that maybe he had a bad day, I do believe in second chances and sometimes they work (see Peterman, Nathan). But...if he can't play well now because his "confidence is shattered" then he doesn't need to be playing for the University of Tennessee anyway.

A lot of that can be attributed to an o-line that can't do their jobs, causing their QB to not be able to through his mechanics correctly. I've said this stat a lot, but if your o-line gives up 12 TFLs to UMASS, it's horrible.

VN Store

Back