What does this championship do for LeBron's legacy?

So is Tony

Top 5
Steven Adans
Bird
McHale
West
White Chocolate

Close but not there
Kyle Korver
JJ Redick
Shawn Bradley

At stretches in the NBA Finals in 1993, Pippen guarded Barkley in the post and did not guard him very well. If Barkley was too strong for Pippen, imagine him trying to guard LeBron.

LeBron has solidified his position as a top 10 player all-time. That's not debatable. It's also not debatable that he is now ahead of Kobe all-time. He's arguably top 5 all-time now, but he's not on Kareem's, Russell's, or Jordan's level.

1. Jordan
2. Kareem
3. Russell
4. Wilt
5. Magic
6. Bird
7. Duncan
8. LeBron
9. Shaq
10. Hakeem

Barkley was a better post player.

It really bothers me that people still think Larry Bird is better than LeBron haha. LBJ is on the all-time Mount Rushmore and easily

People forget how great Bird was from 80-88. Three straight MVP's. And people often argued in '85 and '86 that Bird was the best ever. You can call that a "heat of the moment overreaction," but I'd say the same thing about people saying LeBron is top 3 all-time right now. I'm hesitant to put LeBron higher than Magic, Bird, Wilt, and Duncan. People who say LeBron deserves to be top 3 all-time now for winning a title in Cleveland and would've kept him out of their top 10 all-time if Cleveland lost game 7 is ridiculous. If Irving misses that 3 and Curry makes his, suddenly LeBron is still a playoff choker and doesn't deaerve to be in the same sentence as Bird and Magic. It's stupid that a couple of plays have that kind impact. I prefer to take a more comprehensive approach.

This is all coming from a huge LeBron fan. I've been following him closely ever since he was a senior in high school. I like his team-oriented style, and he has most definitely lived up to the hype, unlike so many other hyped players like Isiah Rider, Kwame Brown, Harold Miner, etc. But he still has some pretty big holes in his game that holds him back. His ball-handling skills are average, not even close to Bird, Jordan, or Magic. His mid-range shooting game is less than average, even further away from Jordan, Bird, and Magic. His FT shooting is average, his post-up game is not very good, and he is often lazy on defense. He is one of the best passers in NBA history, he is a top 5 most athletic player in NBA history, he is probably the best finisher in NBA history, and he creates more momentum than anyone in NBA history except for maybe Wilt and Russell.

At stretches in the NBA Finals in 1993, Pippen guarded Barkley in the post and did not guard him very well. If Barkley was too strong for Pippen, imagine him trying to guard LeBron.

Barkley was so strong and a much tougher mark in the post than Lebron, IMO.

People forget how great Bird was from 80-88. Three straight MVP's. And people often argued in '85 and '86 that Bird was the best ever. You can call that a "heat of the moment overreaction," but I'd say the same thing about people saying LeBron is top 3 all-time right now. I'm hesitant to put LeBron higher than Magic, Bird, Wilt, and Duncan. People who say LeBron deserves to be top 3 all-time now for winning a title in Cleveland and would've kept him out of their top 10 all-time if Cleveland lost game 7 is ridiculous. If Irving misses that 3 and Curry makes his, suddenly LeBron is still a playoff choker and doesn't deaerve to be in the same sentence as Bird and Magic. It's stupid that a couple of plays have that kind impact. I prefer to take a more comprehensive approach.

This is all coming from a huge LeBron fan. I've been following him closely ever since he was a senior in high school. I like his team-oriented style, and he has most definitely lived up to the hype, unlike so many other hyped players like Isiah Rider, Kwame Brown, Harold Miner, etc. But he still has some pretty big holes in his game that holds him back. His ball-handling skills are average, not even close to Bird, Jordan, or Magic. His mid-range shooting game is less than average, even further away from Jordan, Bird, and Magic. His FT shooting is average, his post-up game is not very good, and he is often lazy on defense. He is one of the best passers in NBA history, he is a top 5 most athletic player in NBA history, he is probably the best finisher in NBA history, and he creates more momentum than anyone in NBA history except for maybe Wilt and Russell.

Bird was awesome and arguably every bit as good as Lebron, but Lebron's already played in like 100 more games than Bird and just gave us his best performance ever. By the end of Lebron's career it won't even be a conversation because of longevity.

Bird was awesome and arguably every bit as good as Lebron, but Lebron's already played in like 100 more games than Bird and just gave us his best performance ever. By the end of Lebron's career it won't even be a conversation because of longevity.

Longevity goes in LeBron's favor, so does MVPs and Finals MVPs, so you can make a case for LeBron being higher than Bird all-time. Saying he's better than Russell, Wilt, and Magic though, i just don't know. We'll have to see how LeBron's career goes from here.

James is better than Bird. I think I'd rather have bird on my team than james though. Bird might not be as good a passer, but he can fit in almost any lineup considering how fast he got rid of the ball whenever he did get it

Idk if I agree with the passing, Bird was a great passer. LBJ just ran the offense more as Bird had Tiny early, then DJ to run the team.

charles-barklet-dick-bavetta.jpg

VN Store

Back