What does this championship do for LeBron's legacy?

I know we are talking both ways, but if you could have anyone guard him who would it be? Pip, MJ, Rodman, Artest, or someone else?

Pistons Rodman

BTW, I think Artest is somewhat overrated as a defender and was very overrated on offense.

Smits and Big Country (neither of whom are considered great btw) would eat LBJ alive

I wouldn't stick LBJ on a big-time center. But he is basically the same size as Malone & Hakeem and far more mobile. Total force of nature.

My choice to guard him would have to be Jordan, Pippen or Rodman. They had the height, quickness and strength, though not the size.

Bron is a match-up nightmare on both ends of the floor AND in transition on both ends the floor. Hard to pick one player who is something like him.

I wouldn't stick LBJ on a big-time center. But he is basically the same size as Malone & Hakeem and far more mobile. Total force of nature.

My choice to guard him would have to be Jordan, Pippen or Rodman. They had the height, quickness and strength, though not the size.

Bron is a match-up nightmare on both ends of the floor AND in transition on both ends the floor. Hard to pick one player who is something like him.

He CAN guard those guys, but no way I'd want him doing it more than a couple possessions, as getting pounded on by those guys a full game would hinder his offense. Even middle of the road guys that just rebound would be hard on him. Maybe PFs that face up a lot, LA, Blake, Love. But I don't want him on any bigs that are really physical, for more than 4-5 minutes. Hakeem would eat him alive.

I think Detroit Rodman is by far the best choice, he's strong enough in the post and quick enough on the perimeter, plus he didn't get tired.

I know we are talking both ways, but if you could have anyone guard him who would it be? Pip, MJ, Rodman, Artest, or someone else?

Pippen. He could run with James in the open court, had the size and strength to make James work for everything, also among the best ever at playing the passing lanes, which would limit James' ability to drive and kick.

Think what Iggy did times about 3.

Pippen. He could run with James in the open court, had the size and strength to make James work for everything, also among the best ever at playing the passing lanes, which would limit James' ability to drive and kick.

Think what Iggy did times about 3.
So he'd give up a triple triple?

Reactions: 2 people
I think Pippen & James play the passing lanes equally well. Both easily deflect or intercept the ball and dunk it.

I don't remember Pippen guarding anybody that was 260 lbs. Not sure he had the strength at 210.

I don't remember Pippen guarding anybody that was 260 lbs. Not sure he had the strength at 210.

Biggest part of defending James is staying in front of him, he wouldn't have a problem doing that, James is stronger but he isn't good enough of a post player to just abuse a guy with Pippen's length and ability.

Biggest part of defending James is staying in front of him, he wouldn't have a problem doing that, James is stronger but he isn't good enough of a post player to just abuse a guy with Pippen's length and ability.

Are you kidding? LeBron would throw Pippen around like he's a ragdoll.

50lbs. of weight difference & LeBron's is all muscle compared to Pippen who was pure skinny & no muscle?

Pippen's athletic ability and length would off set that. He would easily be able to stay in front of James, which would limit James to a post player. James isn't good enough of a shooter from the post to be a real threat to dominate against a guy as talented at defense as Scottie was.

Pippen's athletic ability and length would off set that. He would easily be able to stay in front of James, which would limit James to a post player. James isn't good enough of a shooter from the post to be a real threat to dominate against a guy as talented at defense as Scottie was.

Debatable

I have to totally disagree in my opinion. Not trying to start a back & forth thing but we all do have our own opinions don't we? :)

Yeah, this is what I believe, feel free to disagree. Watched both guys their whole careers, I think if anyone could consistently stop James, it would be Pippen.

That's a good point. I think he's a pretty good post player, but he doesn't go to it enough because he gets banged up from double teams.

At stretches in the NBA Finals in 1993, Pippen guarded Barkley in the post and did not guard him very well. If Barkley was too strong for Pippen, imagine him trying to guard LeBron.

LeBron has solidified his position as a top 10 player all-time. That's not debatable. It's also not debatable that he is now ahead of Kobe all-time. He's arguably top 5 all-time now, but he's not on Kareem's, Russell's, or Jordan's level.

1. Jordan
2. Kareem
3. Russell
4. Wilt
5. Magic
6. Bird
7. Duncan
8. LeBron
9. Shaq
10. Hakeem

It really bothers me that people still think Larry Bird is better than LeBron haha. LBJ is on the all-time Mount Rushmore and easily

Reactions: 1 person
At stretches in the NBA Finals in 1993, Pippen guarded Barkley in the post and did not guard him very well. If Barkley was too strong for Pippen, imagine him trying to guard LeBron.

LeBron has solidified his position as a top 10 player all-time. That's not debatable. It's also not debatable that he is now ahead of Kobe all-time. He's arguably top 5 all-time now, but he's not on Kareem's, Russell's, or Jordan's level.

1. Jordan
2. Kareem
3. Russell
4. Wilt
5. Magic
6. Bird
7. Duncan
8. LeBron
9. Shaq
10. Hakeem

LeBron James is top 5 All-Time now on my board. I've actually had him top 5 even before winning this years NBA championship.

He's not above Michael Jordan or Bill Russell on my board but I honestly could place him 3rd ahead of Kareem & LBJ still has at least 5 good years remaining.

It really bothers me that people still think Larry Bird is better than LeBron haha. LBJ is on the all-time Mount Rushmore and easily

You're right! Bird was not better than LeBron or really even close to it. That's a lot coming from one of the biggest die-hard Celtics fan you will EVER see/meet.

Bird is top 10 All-Time in my mind though without a doubt. I have him 7th on my board of All-Time greats.

VN Store

Back