What does this championship do for LeBron's legacy?

Did you not watch the last 4 prior finals?

lebron-james-block-tiago-splitter.gif

Yes I did... He was different this series

No, he is forgiven because he won last night. And he might go chasing another ring. Stay tuned.
His team just came back from down 3-1 to a team with the best record in the history of the league, he led both teams in all statistical categories and he had the greatest defensive play at least since Bill Russell and Wilt were playing untelevised games back in the 60s. He's not just immortal in Cleveland. Nobody who cares about basketball will forget this. Not even if they want to.

Reactions: 2 people
The way he won it will put him soundly in the top 3 of all time.

Just came back from tremendous odds.

So when Lebron retires, who will take his spot as the best player in the NBA?

It helps his legacy for obvious reasons, but I think it also helps his reputation for the casual basketball fan. A lot of people still viewed him as a passive player who lacked killer instinct and just got by on his freakish athletic ability. But those same people now simply cannot deny that he went full blown assassin mode to close this series, and he did it in record setting fashion.

But to answer the question, I'm in agreement with those saying this pretty much firms him up in top 3 all time category.

Reactions: 1 person
It means we will see that block 500 million times, forever until the end of time.

The science sports guy on Sportscenter today said LeBron was at a total height of 11'7" & with a 35.3" vertical jump when making that bock. That's just insane.

He was also at one point 28 feet behind the play to run it down & make the block. Just amazing. His overall speed got up to 20.3 MPH too. Geez!

Last edited:
No doubt he just cemented his legacy as a top 5 player of all-time & possibly top 3. Jordan & Magic right now are the only 2 players I could say that should be ahead of him.

For top 5 mention I could put Jordan, Magic, Kareem, Duncan, & LeBron but I still think you could easily put LeBron ahead of Kareem & Duncan but Duncan would have the biggest argument with all of those titles. LeBron is without a doubt right wow top 5 for sure. He still has at least 5 more good years left in him.

If he plays 5 more years then he will without a doubt for anybody have him in the top 5 & most likely top 3 all-time. Larry Bird is my all-time favorite player & I have him ranked #7 all-time but I already had LeBron ranked ahead of him at #6 before these finals. LeBron has to jump into the top 5 for me & like I said possibly top 3.

He wins another championship title & he sows his top 3 ranking for me. I don't care what team it is with either but it would be incredible for him to do if for Cleveland again.

Last edited:
Back in their day you got drafted by a team and had no choice where you played and you LIKED IT

Reactions: 2 people
which single GREAT player from the past (in their prime of course), would match-up best with LeBron?

On the other hand, I'm comfortable with LeBron gaurding anyone except Wilt, Kareem, Russell, Shaq, Duncan, or Robinson.

which single GREAT player from the past (in their prime of course), would match-up best with LeBron?

On the other hand, I'm comfortable with LeBron gaurding anyone except Wilt, Kareem, Russell, Shaq, Duncan, or Robinson.

Smits and Big Country would eat LBJ alive

VN Store

Back