What about John Harbaugh?

If TN could match his current salary, and he gets a new multi year contract, it actually would be a better move for him financially (2 year 14 mil left or new 5 year 35+ mill contract). If the Ravens miss the playoffs they aren't offering him an extension at the end of the year, and his contract will then be down to only one more year left. It actually makes sense that he is looking for other options in case it goes south. College makes sense given what his brother recently did.

Insert "its happening" gif here!

John Harbaugh talks on brother Jim, Michigan football - YouTube

Watch this guy....

I'd love to have him at Tennessee....absolutely love to have him...HE is exactly what we want and need here at Tennessee....

But his comments towards the end of the video seem to eliminate any possibility of him coaching in college :thud:

But maybe PEYTON could sway him....woo him away from his "home" in the NFL....

I looked it up, 2015 they went 5-11, last year 8-8, and so far this year 3-4.

Oh man. Didn’t realize this. Admittedly dont follow the ravens that much but didn’t know of this much of a falloff since the SB win. Very similar situation to when Jim left for UM it sounds like. And he’s only got one year left on his contract somebody said?

Ok I’ll go there...

Soon, part 2

Reactions: 1 person
Jon is the better coach of the two. Far less drama and arrogance.

Any NFL coach (except Murlarky) is far beyond 98% of the college coaches. Big issue I see can/will he recruit.

Last 11 games, Butch and Jim Harbaugh have the exact same record. 6-5.

Last edited:

Any NFL coach (except Murlarky) is far beyond 98% of the college coaches. Big issue I see can/will he recruit.

Sometimes NFL coaches with bad records win college national championships.

Both him and gruden have won a SB. Neither has been a hc in college. Harbough’s win pct is .583 vs gruden’s .540 in nfl. Just pointing that out.

Both him and gruden have won a SB. Neither has been a hc in college. Harbough’s win pct is .583 vs gruden’s .540 in nfl. Just pointing that out.

And that's while being in the AFC North with those pretty good Steeler teams and Cincinnati which isn't much of a slouch either. Pretty tough football in that division they play.

IDIOTIC COMPARISON!!!!!

Harbaugh's losses were to IOWA by 1...OSU in Double OT by 3--a final 4 team...and to FSU in a bowl game by 1....

He's lost to MSU by 1 this year and of course to #2 PSU by a bunch....but still has MICHIGAN at 5-2 after replacing 18 of 22 starters with 15 Freshman in the 2 deep....in his 3rd year. And after losing his starting QB....

OUR DIPSTICK hasn't won 10 games in one season yet---

He's lost to Vandy by 11, Fla by 6 (a team Hairball stomped), UGA by 41, SCe by 6, and BAMA by 38....in his 5th year...

It's just absolutely STUPID to think that the comparison is legit....

Its funny how sports go sometimes. Harbaugh is 16-2 vs haslams cleveland browns. Maybe that doen’t sit well with the ewings(haslams)

Last edited:
Its funny how sports go sometimes. Harbaugh is 16-2 vs haslams cleveland browns. Maybe that doen’t sit well with the ewings(haslams)

I undeerstand that but if that is true then they are idiots
How can anyone look at cleveland and say "yeah they will win, even beat Baltimore "?

They keep that team in the garbage, makes me wonder about their ability or desire to hire an independent motivated coach. Or they are idiots when it comes to sports.

Last edited:
Saban has been quoted as saying he wants to win NC at 3 SEC schools. Code for coming to UT and bringing his Hawaiian QB. Yeah that s the ticket, truth on the web.

Saban has been quoted as saying he wants to win NC at 3 SEC schools. Code for coming to UT and bringing his Hawaiian QB. Yeah that s the ticket, truth on the web.

Tell him to make us an offer and we will see if we can accommodate him.

He did have success. In fact John’s super bowl ring came at Jim’s expense.

But he was not lighting it up during the UM opening period. I remember a majority saying he was leaving, one way or another.

Edit: just went and checked the numbers. He went 12-4 during his 2012 super bowl year. In his 2014 final year he went 8-8. In 2015 after he left SF went 5-11. Jim skeedaddled to UM while the chance was there. But not sure I would blame him. He probably had more success than Saban and Saban skeedaddled too. And it turned out just fine for him.

I think your perspective on Harbaugh's tenure in the NFL is a little askew...as is your attempt to think that Michigan is no better off than we are at UT....

The 49ers were 46-82 in the 8 years before Harbaugh's arrival. He went 44-19 in his 4 years at the helm....

He went 13-3 and lost the NFC championship in his 1st year to the SB champ NY Giants...

He went 11-4-1 lost the SB in his 2nd year to his brother's Ravens...

He went 12-4 and lost the NFC championship in his 3rd year to the SB champ Seattle Seahawks...

He finished his 4th year at 8-8 when his defense was 5th best and his offense rated as 30th....mainly because of a poor OL and poor QB play...

The 49ers are 7-32 since his departure....

Additionally--

He rebuilt Stanford from the ashes of a program in the PAC-12 over his 4 years there and was 1 game away from playing Auburn for the NC after the 2010 season.

He has led Michigan to a 25-8 record and is 15-6 in the Big 10 since taking over...

And he is 127-54-1 overall as a Head Coach which gives him a winning % right at 70%....

IF you are even remotely attempting to say that Michigan is no better off with Harbaugh than we are with CBJ--it just defies any sense of propriety....

CBJ couldn't be Harbaugh's waterboy......

Harbaugh had to replace 18 starters from last year's Michigan team...and has over 15 Freshman in his current 2 deep....and still beat the sheet out of Florida...TWICE at Michigan...outscoring them by a 74-24 margin in 2 games....a team CBJ has gone 1-4 against....

Last edited:
IF you are even remotely attempting to say that Michigan is no better off with Harbaugh than we are with CBJ--it just defies any sense of propriety....

CBJ couldn't be Harbaugh's waterboy......

I never said or implied any such situation. And no idea how you could arrive at that conclusion from anything I’ve typed in this thread.

Bump.

It was posted elsewhere on the board that per 247 a sitting successful NFL head coach has expressed interest and is willing to listen....

Its John Harbaugh?

VN Store

Back