What about John Harbaugh?

I don't get the correlation. Why does Harbaugh want out of the NFL, and why Tennessee? He has no ties to Tennessee.

Edit, Answering my own question:
Maybe Peyton is recruiting him?

Last edited:
If Harbaugh is as much of a lame duck as he appears to be in Baltimore, couldn't he announce before the end of the NFL season that he will be stepping down at the end to coach Tennessee? Then recruits would know who the coach is going to be for the early signing period.

Pete Carroll would be a dream, but it’s hard to imagine he leaves with all that talent still in their primes.

Dan Quinn would be another dream. Falcons are still a good team though. He has SEC experience.

Bill OBrien’s contract is up at the end of the year, he could be interested although he finally has his franchise QB so that is likely too enticing to leave. He would be a good pick though, I think he would bring some of that Nick Saban/Bill Belichick gravitas to UT.

Jay Gruden probably wants out, it’s Washington so of course he does. Maybe the insiders have been hearing Gruden all along and assuming it was Jon...could be Jay with the brother connection? :)

Dirk Koetter might be interested in getting back into college...I’m not interested in him though. His time at ASU was disappointing at best.

Todd Bowles hasn’t coached in college in a long time and even then his experience is limited. He’s a players coach though and likely would have the team playing hard football. Hard to know how he would recruit. He would probably bring Kacy Rodgers with him.

Smart money is on Hue Jackson. There’s always been talk of friction with the front office in Cleveland. There’s the Haslam connection. He was rumored to be interested in UT last go around. I’d love to have him, I think he would do well at UT.

Could it be Doug Marrone? Someone who has already coached at UT and apparently expressed interest a couple of weeks ago?

VolNation posters be like:

John Harbaugh won't leave Michigan!

Lane Kiffen...

Nick Saben....

Dan Mullins....

Quinten Dormandy....

Payton Manning.....

Reactions: 1 person
Could it be Doug Marrone? Someone who has already coached at UT and apparently expressed interest a couple of weeks ago?
Doug Marrone lost 2 out of 3 games to Butch Jones while at Syracuse. Think I'll pass.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Harbaugh is a bust.
Runs Woody Hayes offense from the 60s.
Only has flat-footed QBs, which is a prescription for disaster.

3rd in Div
3rd in Div
4th in Div

VN Store

Back