What a terrible dissapointment

Meaning it takes up time on pass plays when the other team is playing run all the way. Blitzing, bringing 8. By the time you fake a handoff, and get your eyes upfield it makes it tough when passing. Watch miss st. Same exact offense. By the time the qb finishes a fake handoff on 3rd and 24 (their first game) the defense is on top of him. And most saying we want to play like Oregons offense are just wrong.. it is open for the qb to run when he has a lane, if he so chooses. This is coming from my own misconceptions as to what our offensive philosophy is. Whatever that is.

Sure it does, but you said we faked the handoff every time. That is to say that we never ran the ball.

If we win against Florida will this negative attitude stop?

Until we get beat by Bama - people will Monday morning quarterback and second guess every decision. Wondering why CBJ let us lose to the #1 team in the land.

I am really disappointing in CBJ. He was acting like a stubborn @sshole not going for it on 4th down at least a couple times. After the first 5 touchdowns he knew what was coming once he punted it. Every time we were across the 50 yard line we should have gone balls to the wall.

H was more conservative than Fulmer except we cant afford to be conservative with this team. There was zero fighting spirit in this team.

Just an extension of the 2012 Vols. I should have expected as much.

CBJ needs to get HIS recruits battle ready from the day they step on campus.

We are going to have to have true freshmen step in to bail out this team next year.

Duck fan here. the ABC announcer suggested that butch should have gone for it on 4th down and other things. personally i think if the announcer was coaching instead of butch youd have lost by 70 or 80. but i could be wrong.

Until we get beat by Bama - people will Monday morning quarterback and second guess every decision. Wondering why CBJ let us lose to the #1 team in the land.

Wait, are you predicting a loss to Bama!?! Seriously though, the loss to Oregon isn't shocking and neither should a loss to Bama cause this kind of uproar. Our season starts this weekend.

I've never understood the stupidity of some teams fans? I normally sit back and just read and ponder on peoples thoughts but to think that a team that has been through 4 coaches in the past 5+ years has a chance to play with the #2 ranked team in the country with a team that is 1/3 freshman is insane... This team has got potential and I see it, never did I expect them to contend with the #2 ranked school in the country.

You have got to be patient and give the man some time to work. Coach Butch Jones has already showed tremendous results on the recruiting trail and give Tennessee another year or two and you'll definatley see some results. I think he made great play calls and "BE HONEST" the game against Oregon wasn't about winning it was about "Surviving" and that's what he done.

It didn't make no sense to go for it on 4th down and give an already Powerful Offense more leverage. Why give them the field position?

Yeah, it's not like they couldn't score from anywhere on the field.

VN Store

Back