What a terrible dissapointment

No depth and playing very young/inexperienced players, dude. This should not be a surprise to any of you guys.

I knew we didnt have the talent. But its about the intangibles. The hope of a fighting spirit. Scrappiness, creativeness under pressure.

I had no delusions of a victory.

Reactions: 1 person
Wow... an unranked opponent was beat by the LEGIT #2 team in the nation...

Yeah, the sky is falling...Geeze, we have some of the most unrealistic fans in all of college football.

Guess what this will take some serious serious time to fix.

We have the right person in place.. give him a break.

A lot of you are wondering why CBJ didn't take risks, didn't fake punt, go on fourth... etc etc etc..

Personally, I think he did an EXCELLENT job with the play calling. This game in the grand scheme of things did not matter one bit. Keep the players healthy, strong, and ready for SEC play. We walked out of Oregon relatively healthy, we scored more points against them than their last two opponents combined give me a break.

Coach Jones "Gets it" (thats what everyone says... right?) we are an SEC team not a PAC 12 team... we are NOT in the hunt for a NC... Why in the world would he risk the health of his team on this game that ultimately doesn't matter to us?

No way no how..

Do you all not remember Marshall that played us several years ago. They Played us way above their heads, took us to the wire, played with a ton of heart, and they threw their entire season away because of all the injuries that they incurred.

Sorry, this game was played safe, conservative, and smartly.

Move on.. its time for Florida!!

Reactions: 10 people
We lost to the likely National Champion in their house with a team decimated by injuries, attrition, poor recruiting, bad QB play, and no consistency.

That's the only thing you can take from this.

All the PosiVols from earlier in the week have all converted to NegaVols, while the NegaVols from earlier in the week have now converted to WeToldYouSoVols.

Reactions: 4 people
Hey everyone, when Max Arnold, Reggie Juin, and Jaron Toney are getting significant minutes against the #2 team in the country, you're going to get steamrolled.

You're right, we should fire Butch and the whole coaching staff. How dare they lose on the road to the #2 team in the country with young players. Maybe we should call Gruden again and see if he's interested!

Reactions: 2 people
I've never understood the stupidity of some teams fans? I normally sit back and just read and ponder on peoples thoughts but to think that a team that has been through 4 coaches in the past 5+ years has a chance to play with the #2 ranked team in the country with a team that is 1/3 freshman is insane... This team has got potential and I see it, never did I expect them to contend with the #2 ranked school in the country.

You have got to be patient and give the man some time to work. Coach Butch Jones has already showed tremendous results on the recruiting trail and give Tennessee another year or two and you'll definatley see some results. I think he made great play calls and "BE HONEST" the game against Oregon wasn't about winning it was about "Surviving" and that's what he done.

It didn't make no sense to go for it on 4th down and give an already Powerful Offense more leverage. Why give them the field position?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
All I asked for was that we fought hard and didnt look stupid like last year. I guess that was too much to ask.

Our offense is HORRENDOUS. 3 and out 3 and out 3 and out. And CBJ really disappointed me. He did not have any kind of competitive spirit that I could see. He should have gone all out, including going for it on 4th down at least a few times.

Our defense is as bad as last year. Slow, cannot cover. Blown coverages, catastrophic blown coverage and when we do have a chance to tackle we cant tackle at all.

I thought we would have a chance to win at Florida or maybe beat Georgia at home. But its almost like CBJ didnt practice these guys at all since the end of last season. These guys looked just as horrible except last year we had Bray and good wide outs.

We laid down like dogs.

Wow you my friend is a complete idiot you do realize this is still Dooleys team butch is the answer and we have a few more painful games but we r in the right direction give him time some fans piss me the hell off and obviously don't know much about the rebuilding process

If we win against Florida will this negative

All is well in Knoxville. All us fans will get through this loss. Did anyone expect to win this game. I think it showed what needs to be improved on. Oregon is the number two team in the land. 6 wins and a bowl game. It's a rebuilding year. Butch is using dools O weapons and D.

Coach Jones needs better QB's, some better offensive and defensive recruits. Hopefully by 2015 he can get UT in the top 10 in recruting. We definitely need it!

Wow... an unranked opponent was beat by the LEGIT #2 team in the nation...

Yeah, the sky is falling...Geeze, we have some of the most unrealistic fans in all of college football.

Guess what this will take some serious serious time to fix.

We have the right person in place.. give him a break.

A lot of you are wondering why CBJ didn't take risks, didn't fake punt, go on fourth... etc etc etc..

Personally, I think he did an EXCELLENT job with the play calling. This game in the grand scheme of things did not matter one bit. Keep the players healthy, strong, and ready for SEC play. We walked out of Oregon relatively healthy, we scored more points against them than their last two opponents combined give me a break.

Coach Jones "Gets it" (thats what everyone says... right?) we are an SEC team not a PAC 12 team... we are NOT in the hunt for a NC... Why in the world would he risk the health of his team on this game that ultimately doesn't matter to us?

No way no how..

Do you all not remember Marshall that played us several years ago. They Played us way above their heads, took us to the wire, played with a ton of heart, and they threw their entire season away because of all the injuries that they incurred.

Sorry, this game was played safe, conservative, and smartly.

Move on.. its time for Florida!!

A post of reason, but the kiddies on this site will not 'get it'. The kiddies either do not understand football, or they can't comprehend the state of UT football (with or without Butch).

No doubt that Oregon is a legit #1 contender, along with 'Bama and Ohio State.

All I asked for was that we fought hard and didnt look stupid like last year. I guess that was too much to ask.

Our offense is HORRENDOUS. 3 and out 3 and out 3 and out. And CBJ really disappointed me. He did not have any kind of competitive spirit that I could see. He should have gone all out, including going for it on 4th down at least a few times.

Our defense is as bad as last year. Slow, cannot cover. Blown coverages, catastrophic blown coverage and when we do have a chance to tackle we cant tackle at all.

I thought we would have a chance to win at Florida or maybe beat Georgia at home. But its almost like CBJ didnt practice these guys at all since the end of last season. These guys looked just as horrible except last year we had Bray and good wide outs.

We laid down like dogs.

Not the least bit of truth in anything you are saying. We have very little talent. I know that is hard for people like you to understand.

Hey everyone, when Max Arnold, Reggie Juin, and Jaron Toney are getting significant minutes against the #2 team in the country, you're going to get steamrolled.

Yep. We're two recruiting classes away from greatness. We've been 2 recruiting classes away from greatness for about 10 years now. Let's hope Butch gets it done.

We have a large part of our fan base who loves the walk on story during preseason but generally go silent they actually play...

We laid down like dogs.

We got beat like a dog, but this team did NOT lay down! We played the game to the end.. do you not remember our second team scrapping out there with their second team. Our First team could simply not compete with the first team. This had nothing to do with heart, nothing to do with desire, and everything to do with talent.

I personally think that our second string has some really good talent coming up.. not enough experience yet.. but I really liked some of the talent displayed by the second team.

Saying our defense is slow against Oregon is like saying tires on cars is black.. Its OREGON.. they will make just about any secondary look slow. They have many 4.3 40 players.. thats called overwhelming speed.

Thanks!

Jim

Ridiculous. U are to blame for this
Loss if you actually thought we could beat one of the best teams n the country. Better than any1 on our schedule mayb bama and them similar. Whatever. Go jump. Im guna wear my orange if u have nothn to do but cry go call a radio station. We need to fire jones! How could he lose so bad to oregon!!! Noooooooooooo boooo hooo

No sweat just year six of the nightmare moving toward year seven. Be patient year eight we will rise. 2015

We laid down like dogs.

Man I hate to say it but your right. I didn't see much difference from the team last yr. Its like our defense forgot how to tackle. Were really slow we can't play in space we just don't have the athletes. And Worley can't hit the broad side of a barn he looked awful today.

I am really disappointing in CBJ. He was acting like a stubborn @sshole not going for it on 4th down at least a couple times. After the first 5 touchdowns he knew what was coming once he punted it. Every time we were across the 50 yard line we should have gone balls to the wall.

H was more conservative than Fulmer except we cant afford to be conservative with this team. There was zero fighting spirit in this team.

Just an extension of the 2012 Vols. I should have expected as much.

CBJ needs to get HIS recruits battle ready from the day they step on campus.

We are going to have to have true freshmen step in to bail out this team next year.

Sorry, but you sound just like that idiot announcer. There is a good reason he's just talking about the game and not coaching it. Games over, forget about it and let's go get some Gator.

VN Store

Back