What a terrible dissapointment

I think we are probably a year maybe 2 away from being a good team not great, but good and competitive. Depth is and will be our issue. We have to win against a team we are not supposed to win against (USC, FL, UGA or some other ranked opponent) to be seen as back. No one on this team quit today. We just got out played by a much better and more deep team.

Reactions: 1 person
All these idiot fans who say "how can you expect us to compete with the #2 team...blah blah blah. You are so unrealistic."

Look here. You just dont get it. Nobody expected Tennessee to win. I predicted 52-24 on this sight earlier this morning. so you can take your "unrealistic" comments and shove it.

What I said that I expected was that we not look stupid and that we fight and scrap and do ANYTHING to score and scrap and compete.

But we just kept on stubbornly punting on every 4th down, even on the other side of the 50 yard line. Not even Fulmer was that conservative. But I dont expect any of you seedling to even know who Phillip Fulmer was.

CBJ showed no creativity, no fight, no spirit, no desperation. Why the hell not go for it on 4th down when your already down by 35 points? Show us SOMETHING. Our defense got shredded, which I totally expected. But the offensive play calling got old real fast.

Sorry, I didnt expect to win. But I expected to see a team that could compete with Florida after last week, which wont be the case unless we bench Worley or get a new offensive scheme that plays to whatever strength there is left.

You people need to get your heads out of your arse and stop beating up on people who witness this lack of effort and creativeness in the face of extreme adversity.

I'm just glad noones life was in their hands, because those people would be dead.

Show me some fight CBJ!

Last edited:
I will no longer be having a negative attitude. Because now I know exactly what to expect. I wanted to see fight and scrappiness and spirit. I saw a tired, dull, uncreative offense.

I will be fine from here on out. I now know what I'm going to get out of these players.

The question is at what point of the season will you realize you should not criticize others?

If Worley is our best option at QB I don't know what you expect from the offense. By the way,,we lose one game and you give up on the season yet you criticize our team for giving up (in your eyes). How ironic.

If Worley is our best option at QB I don't know what you expect from the offense. By the way,,we lose one game and you give up on the season yet you criticize our team for giving up (in your eyes). How ironic.

Never once did I say that I gave up on the season. I said we would be 6-6 this year and I made that prediction at the end of last season.

Listen im as mad as yall are... but theres no reason to panic right now we got our butts handed to us by quite posibly the best team in the contury. the only team right now that can beat bama. oregon is to fast we would of had to play a prefict game on both sides of the ball and i agree not going for it on 4th and short killed us our O looked like crap. lucky we got florida next week the'll be fast but nothing like what we saw we today

Never once did I say that I gave up on the season. I said we would be 6-6 this year and I made that prediction at the end of last season.

I don't see how what you guessed at the end of last season has anything to do with anything. Anybody could look at our schedule and see its gonna be hard to win more than 7 or 8. We played bad tonight, our Qb looked horrible, in I feel your pain, but lets no get crazy about people not trying. Even when we were in position we couldn't make plays on D. I'm disappointed in the oline but when your qb can't throw it more than 5 yds down the field, I'd say stopping the run would be pretty easy. I don't think I've ever seen a qb miss WR's by so much. Can't see how Peterman could be worse but I'm not at practice everyday.

Last edited:
Hey coaches, how are you guys today? Since you know how to beat one of the best offenses in the history of NCAA. (Commonly regarded as) How about you go out there and coach, I'm sure you'd do a much better job (not sarcasm for you slower ones out there). It's a lot different on the field than on tv. I also guess that you think butch was a bad hire. Go figure. We have mostly freshman on both sides of the ball and you think that were capable of beating a team like this. You're delusional.

Worley sucks. We needed to be able to throw some and he can't do it. What were you expecting?

This team is nowhere near last year. Sad, but true. Suck it up and thank them for giving their all.

Lastly, you're an awful fan and go vols! Way to support your very GREEN team and coaches. You suck worse than Worley. Be ashamed.

I didn't expect a win, but I really did think Tennessee would look competitive. I was hoping the negative records would be over bit I see this is the worst loss since 1910?

I don't understand how Tennessee can be just so awful at so many spots. Recruiting was not great under Dooley but we still had top 20 classes. I thought Dooley just couldn't coach these guys, just don't know. How can Western Kentucky have a serviceable QB but Tennessee does not?

All the PosiVols from earlier in the week have all converted to NegaVols, while the NegaVols from earlier in the week have now converted to WeToldYouSoVols.

well crap, I was JUST about to change "recovering" negavol to "recovered" under my UN, but I guess I'll hold off for now.

All these idiot fans who say "how can you expect us to compete with the #2 team...blah blah blah. You are so unrealistic."

Look here. You just dont get it. Nobody expected Tennessee to win. I predicted 52-24 on this sight earlier this morning. so you can take your "unrealistic" comments and shove it.

What I said that I expected was that we not look stupid and that we fight and scrap and do ANYTHING to score and scrap and compete.

But we just kept on stubbornly punting on every 4th down, even on the other side of the 50 yard line. Not even Fulmer was that conservative. But I dont expect any of you seedling to even know who Phillip Fulmer was.

CBJ showed no creativity, no fight, no spirit, no desperation. Why the hell not go for it on 4th down when your already down by 35 points? Show us SOMETHING. Our defense got shredded, which I totally expected. But the offensive play calling got old real fast.

Sorry, I didnt expect to win. But I expected to see a team that could compete with Florida after last week, which wont be the case unless we bench Worley or get a new offensive scheme that plays to whatever strength there is left.

You people need to get your heads out of your arse and stop beating up on people who witness this lack of effort and creativeness in the face of extreme adversity.

I'm just glad noones life was in their hands, because those people would be dead.

Show me some fight CBJ!

You're the type of person that people come on here and laugh at. :no: :salute: :birgits_giggle:

And the sad thing is you have probably never played a down of football in your life.

It was a very disappointing lack of effort. I did not expect 38-7 at halftime. Anybody on here who said that was expected is just flat out stupid.

I honestly didn't think we'd turn on each other this quickly. It's a bad loss...deal with it, the season has only begun.

Again, how is this a surprise to any UT fan...we are still in the nuclear winter of UT football. Maybe 2015 if recruiting goes well. This is not a good football team...if you thought this team would win more than 6 games this year, you are delusional. It will take time to restock. We must be patient.

As good as Oregon is (and they are VERY good); Butch coached scared today IMO. It was clear from the very first 4th and 1 where he decided to punt that he was out, not to win, but rather, to keep it close.

I'm disapointed also wtih the whole game plan. I thought the following things were going to happen this week because I was in the belief that our coaching staff was holding back the first 2 games.

1. We would try to establish the run and run clock and try to shorten the game. That is what everyone on here and in the media said we had to do to keep us in the game or atleast the score acceptable. Well I was wrong because it just didn't seem that was in our game plan.

2. We would have a lot more creativity on offensive play calling. Screens plays, reverses and ways to give some of our playmakers (Pig, North) the ball a variety of different ways to see if they could make some plays in space. Again, I was wrong and it just didn't seem that was in our game plan.

I still believe CBJ will turn us around, but the lack of guts to try something other than what we have done in the first 2 games really bothers me.

we are rebuilding....playing a nc contender .... on the road..... so u blame.... a coach who has done nothing but excel up til now...... im disappointed....at YOU OP

Don't panic yet. Florida's offense is a total joke. After playing Oregon today Florida's offense will seem like they are running in slow motion.

Maybe UT D will fair better then but it is UT offense vs the Gator defense that will be the concern. Gators D is nasty.

2. We would have a lot more creativity on offensive play calling. Screens plays, reverses and ways to give some of our playmakers (Pig, North) the ball a variety of different ways to see if they could make some plays in space. Again, I was wrong and it just didn't seem that was in our game plan.

Pig and D Young are both out, so that limits the "creative" possibilities. With Worley unable to hit basic routes, do you trust him to do much more?

Coach is handcuffed, and I don't know there is much he can do about it right now.

VN Store

Back