What a terrible dissapointment

I am like you a faithful Vol fan of 55 yrs. We should start Peterman. Sorry Worley just doesn't have it. Arm strength and accuracy back up my statement. Lane is the better back. He should start...don't know answer to defense. Big job someone I guess needs to look at game film and evaluate every player and their performance.

Don't panic yet. Florida's offense is a total joke. After playing Oregon today Florida's offense will seem like they are running in slow motion.

Yeah but they had a bye week to prep for us and it is at the swamp...oh yeah and they have a defense that kept miami to 211 yards total offense.

If we win against Florida will this negative attitude stop?

Absolutely!!!!!!! But we won't. Florida has WAY more talent than we ever thought about and they have a proven qb who will probably have a career day against us. Unless something drastically changes, we only gonna win 1 maybe 2 sec games. ky and missouri. Candy gonna beat us again unless we get a lot better. WE GOT EXPOSED. I never thought we would beat oregon but I never thought anybody would put up 59 against the bygod University of Tennessee. They could of scored 90 if they wanted. But to answer your question, yes the negativity will stop IF we beat florida in the flippin SWAMP> not asking much..

Reactions: 1 person
Good God we have some stupid fans

Exactly this! Butch is not Hal Mumme, and we are not playing a video game. The fans yelling about pulling out all stops would be equally/more disappointed when we lost either way and exposed schemes to future opponents in the conference that really matter.

All I asked for was that we fought hard and didnt look stupid like last year. I guess that was too much to ask.

Our offense is HORRENDOUS. 3 and out 3 and out 3 and out. And CBJ really disappointed me. He did not have any kind of competitive spirit that I could see. He should have gone all out, including going for it on 4th down at least a few times.

Our defense is as bad as last year. Slow, cannot cover. Blown coverages, catastrophic blown coverage and when we do have a chance to tackle we cant tackle at all.

I thought we would have a chance to win at Florida or maybe beat Georgia at home. But its almost like CBJ didnt practice these guys at all since the end of last season. These guys looked just as horrible except last year we had Bray and good wide outs.

We laid down like dogs.

So you see no reason why we can't go toe to toe with the number two team in the nation? Wow...just wow! You really should get in touch with our football team. We've got a ways to go in terms of overall team talent. I'm amazed at how many fans think you can simply plug in a new coach and everything be cured. It's simply more complicated than that.

Exactly this! Butch is not Hal Mumme, and we are not playing a video game. The fans yelling about pulling out all stops would be equally/more disappointed when we lost either way and exposed schemes to future opponents in the conference that really matter.

Florida, Alabama and Georgia do not need game tape on us. Are we gonna show our hand to any of them? If we are saving plays it needs to stop. We are running urbans offense. Watch old gator games and its exactly the same except Worley will not run the ball.

Florida, Alabama and Georgia do not need game tape on us. Are we gonna show our hand to any of them? If we are saving plays it needs to stop. We are running urbans offense. Watch old gator games and its exactly the same except Worley will not run the ball.

Because he is told not to run the ball

Does anyone realize we were down three slot WR for this game and changed the gameplan Wednesday? Or the fact that no one on the D would start for Oregon? Or that we have walk ons playing in starting rotations? And you think coaching was the issue.

Does anyone realize we were down three slot WR for this game and changed the gameplan Wednesday? Or the fact that no one on the D would start for Oregon? Or that we have walk ons playing in starting rotations? And you think coaching was the issue.

And your saying 3 guys make the whole offense, but only 1 was a starter. No one could step up? And thanks, I didnt know Worley was told not to run. Wont bring that up again.

The Ducks are an extremely good team. It would not surprise me to see them in the NC game this year. I wish the Vols had a better showing but anyone looking at it realistically knew that this game was going to be a loss going into it. The situation with the WR and Couch made things even worse. Can we at least see what happens in the Florida game before people start freaking out?

Do you believe going for it on 4th down on our side of the field is a good idea? That's the kind of nonsense folks are complaining about. How about showing wrinkles to your offense in a non-conference, non-winnable game? The coaches believe Worley is our best option obviously, so why risk getting him hurt?

The sky is falling!
chicken-little2.jpg

We got steam rolled by a BCS championship contender today who can beat a number of ranked teams as bad as the vols were beaten today. Just hope CBJ can get these guys to improve throughout the season.The guy is going to bring in better recruits than what we have but needs time to do so. Bring on the gators.
Ahhhh, how refreshing, a reasonable and logical post has showed up in the land of the loonies.

Reactions: 1 person
Why did you think he wasn't running the ball?

Didn't know..Thats why I questioned it. Obviously Oregon knew also. Why fake on every handoff if they know its a fake? Is our offense gonna be just like miss st? They dont run the qb much either. And takes forever for the play to develop.

Didn't know..Thats why I questioned it. Obviously Oregon knew also. Why fake on every handoff if they know its a fake? Is our offense gonna be just like miss st? They dont run the qb much either. And takes forever for the play to develop.

If the QB is never going to run with it then the fake is mostly pointless. Just slows everything down.

?

All I asked for was that we fought hard and didnt look stupid like last year. I guess that was too much to ask.

Our offense is HORRENDOUS. 3 and out 3 and out 3 and out. And CBJ really disappointed me. He did not have any kind of competitive spirit that I could see. He should have gone all out, including going for it on 4th down at least a few times.

Our defense is as bad as last year. Slow, cannot cover. Blown coverages, catastrophic blown coverage and when we do have a chance to tackle we cant tackle at all.

I thought we would have a chance to win at Florida or maybe beat Georgia at home. But its almost like CBJ didnt practice these guys at all since the end of last season. These guys looked just as horrible except last year we had Bray and good wide outs.

We laid down like dogs.

Lack of speed showed more than anything and we ain't got any of it.

Meaning it takes up time on pass plays when the other team is playing run all the way. Blitzing, bringing 8. By the time you fake a handoff, and get your eyes upfield it makes it tough when passing. Watch miss st. Same exact offense. By the time the qb finishes a fake handoff on 3rd and 24 (their first game) the defense is on top of him. And most saying we want to play like Oregons offense are just wrong.. it is open for the qb to run when he has a lane, if he so chooses. This is coming from my own misconceptions as to what our offensive philosophy is. Whatever that is.

VN Store

Back