Westworld season 2

Just caught up and so far I’m really liking this season as much if not more than the first. The complicated story lines always have me guessing and the deeper we go down the rabbit hole, the more disturbing the humans become. Very well written so far. Wasn’t the biggest fan of the shogun story as it just doesn’t fit right now but I’m hoping they tie it back in.

they have to make the 'westworld' bigger. i think it's cool that we've been introduced to now 2 different 'worlds'.

and i'm really glad they have the guy that plays Flokie(sp?) in Vikings in this show. he's a bad azz Scandanavian......

Reactions: 1 person
they have to make the 'westworld' bigger. i think it's cool that we've been introduced to now 2 different 'worlds'.

and i'm really glad they have the guy that plays Flokie(sp?) in Vikings in this show. he's a bad azz Scandanavian......

I never realized he was that tall. On Vikings he was pretty skinny and I guess a lot of the characters were tall. In Westworld he's standing over everyone.

Reactions: 1 person
My problem with is isn't because I think it's not possible in the context of the show; it just feels a bit cheap from a story aspect IMO.

But then again it's just starting, so I assume we'll find out her powers are limited or there is some sort of negative side to it.

i can buy that. but i got over it cause it should be possible given the technology on display in the show.

i agree with the rest. you'd have to think that that 'power' isn't limited to just one host. at some point, can't/shouldn't another one also have that ability???:eek:hmy:

i can buy that. but i got over it cause it should be possible given the technology on display in the show.

i agree with the rest. you'd have to think that that 'power' isn't limited to just one host. at some point, can't/shouldn't another one also have that ability???:eek:hmy:

It might be. Do we know for certain what augmentations she had them make to her in season 1? I'm guessing very few have had their builds adjusted other than what Ford changed. She may have had them give her access to abilities not available to any other hosts. Dolores had one of the techs modify Teddy last episode, so I'm guessing she's given herself some modifications too.

The ones that are awake progress differently probably. Dolores said they're children but in truth they're all kinda like children at this point.

Did not notice that actor at all until reading this.

I’m curious to see how the storyline with William’s daughter plays out.

Just caught up and so far I’m really liking this season as much if not more than the first. The complicated story lines always have me guessing and the deeper we go down the rabbit hole, the more disturbing the humans become. Very well written so far. Wasn’t the biggest fan of the shogun story as it just doesn’t fit right now but I’m hoping they tie it back in.

My biggest beef with it is the Snow Lake or whatever they go to. Not sure how big the park is supposed to be but to have a massive snowpeaked mountain there (and possibly an ocean from other scenes) kinda spoils the park notion.

6 parks implied on the Delos website (parks 3, 4 and 5 are not accessible). Westworld (1), Shogun World (2), Raj World (6)(where William's daughter was)

My biggest beef with it is the Snow Lake or whatever they go to. Not sure how big the park is supposed to be but to have a massive snowpeaked mountain there (and possibly an ocean from other scenes) kinda spoils the park notion.

I'm guessing the "park" is closer in size to a small-medium sized state.

I think all I know is it's an island.(from the first episode in season 2 when Strand is telling a govt security force to eff off since Delos bought the rights to the island). I think that's what he said. I'd have to rewatch the first couple minutes to be sure.

Last edited:
The last couple of episodes definitely renewed my interest in the character story lines other than Bernard's. I just needed to be more patient. LOL

Also, I enjoyed the Shogun episode a lot more the second time.

The last couple of episodes definitely renewed my interest in the character story lines other than Bernard's. I just needed to be more patient. LOL

Also, I enjoyed the Shogun episode a lot more the second time.

if you didn't learn that lesson last season............:eek:lol:

I’m caught up for the first time in two seasons. Didn’t always know where they were going with this redo of a throwaway killer robot 70’s movie reboot but now I think they’re redefining television! :eek:hmy:

It's so good that I feel stupid even giving any theories or ideas. Maybe the best series ever, so far.

i think this season has been very good. i likek that it literally picked up where they left off, so you're getting a nice continuation w/out a big time jump, and going back to see how certain things were resolved.

and they've definitely kept up with the standard of having some nice plot twists.

i will say though, i do miss some of the guest/host interaction.

as far as HBO series go though, i'd probably put it right behind Thrones. GOT, WW, the Wire, Sopranos, Boardwalk....all great shows. and i didn't hate deadwood. or True Blood.

Not even close.

Thrones.

Ok, that's tough to argue with. GOT is "bigger," with the cinematic grandeur, a number of significant characters and running plot lines, etc. Westworld may be more intellectually-stimulating, though

Just finishing up episode 9 and I love the shout out to Slaughterhouse 5. The whole time I was thinking how these two stories parallel. There are some damn fine Easter eggs in this show.

I love this show, my favorite on TV right now. If I have one complaint it's that they have made every character pretty unlikable, except Mauve (maybe her crew) I don't really care if any of them live or die.

VN Store

Back