Warlick focused on team, not herself

His big girl will be much better next year. pulling that stunt with William will forever taint him, I think. And not in a good way.

I think he was right to bench her. From early in the game her attitude seemed to be lacking. She could not do as she pleased due to a girl nearer her size and just as quick. She pouted and it got worst as the game went on. She was not an asset on the floor by the 4th qtr. I agreed with his benching her. That's not the right term, replacing her with a player that might fit the situation better more fits what I'm trying to say.

Would losing be any better to the top 25 teams? At the end of the day a loss is a loss. The thing is people make it out as a bigger deal than it should be. You can't win every game. Teams get better every year and it's like fans like you don't realize that. The women's game is evolving and it is becoming more competitive than it was even 5 years ago.

Fans like "us" do realize other teams are and do get better. It's just that we don't see "OUR" team getting better. However this to can change, time will tell.

Reactions: 1 person
"How can I get this group better", " How can I get this team more focused", " How can we all get on the same page" ?

If a head coach of 5 years, an assistant under CPS for a long time, does not know the answers to all of the above questions by now, she never will. She is not qualified to be head coach of our beloved Ladyssue Vols. Nothing is going to change until CHW is gone. Sorry to always be negative about this subject but it is the truth and you all know it. She makes big money and should be held to a very high standard.

Preach on brother, it reaches a point that excuses get old and accountable becomes the main issue. We are at the end of the excuse rope.

Reactions: 2 people
Would losing be any better to the top 25 teams? At the end of the day a loss is a loss. The thing is people make it out as a bigger deal than it should be. You can't win every game. Teams get better every year and it's like fans like you don't realize that. The women's game is evolving and it is becoming more competitive than it was even 5 years ago.

True you can't win every game.......but could you be ok with loosing one every 100 games?

I think he was right to bench her. From early in the game her attitude seemed to be lacking. She could not do as she pleased due to a girl nearer her size and just as quick. She pouted and it got worst as the game went on. She was not an asset on the floor by the 4th qtr. I agreed with his benching her. That's not the right term, replacing her with a player that might fit the situation better more fits what I'm trying to say.

Think you are mostly correct. I could see in Williams eyes.... she was beaten and could not do what she wanted... Cuevas took her out of her game and she had surrendered....was not fighting the good fight and coach Vic knew she was done. Just my opinion.

You know, complaining about her results I can understand. Too many losses? Sure, I get it. But, good grief... she throws out a few questions that every coach asks every year ("team chemistry" is the phrase that gets thrown around to cover those kinds of questions) and gets attacked like this is somehow the mark of a loser. It's not. And all it really meant was, "I'm focused on the team, not my job security."

Funny how "job security and the focus of the team go hand n hand...lack of team focus(loss) impacts job security:eek:lol:!

North Carolina men won the Championship this year after how many years of underachieving! Rutgers women were 6-24 this year? The St Louis Cardinals are in last place in the Central Division after 7 games (2-4) at home. I wonder if TeacherDean, a St. Louis resident is on the bandwagon of firing their manager.

Do any of you remember when PHS took away the cellphones of her team re-focusing.

Do you believe that the team of three years ago that got to the elite 8 would have been in the Final Four had not IZZY been lost for the season?

And to answer a question re " she is not qualified", "Coach demanding certain things" followed by "it is the truth" perhaps you should join a national political blog for those two comments are far more important and relevant.

Can talent overcome coaching?.....

Only, in spurts.

To have consistency, you have to have the right mix of coaching. Talent can win on ability, until they are challenged mentally. It is then, that they have to be "coached the most."

Elite athletes are used to using their prowess to dominate. When they have to use their mind, too... It becomes "work" instead of "play"

Think you are mostly correct. I could see in Williams eyes.... she was beaten and could not do what she wanted... Cuevas took her out of her game and she had surrendered....was not fighting the good fight and coach Vic knew she was done. Just my opinion.

MSU could not beat USC without William. They had a chance with her in the lineup.

Reactions: 3 people
Do you believe that the team of three years ago that got to the elite 8 would have been in the Final Four had not IZZY been lost for the season?

I think they would have had a better chance, but having Izzy available would not have meant that Tennessee was a shoe-in for the FF. She struggled against Maryland's size the previous year, and Brionna Jones was only getting better. Maryland was still probably the better team with their 3 future collegiate AAs and would still have been the (slight) favorite to win even if Izzy was on the court.

Would rather not. 1) He pulled his best player during national championship game in the 3rd quarter, and she never sees the floor in the 4th. 2) He tries to play his daughter too much. She probably would not even play on a decent NAIA team. 3) People want to throw a fit about Holly not knowing how to coach Russell, but Vic's big girl should dominate anyone she plays based on size alone, and she is just not very good.[/QUOTE

No one should ever compare Russell to McCowan, because Russell is more than just tall, she has more athleticism and with the right coaching could dominate on both ends of the court. Russell lacks a consistent aggressive attitude, plays out of place a lot, does not always block out, and takes forever to get from one end of the court to the other. Someone needs to teach her how to run. I think her aggression will improve with better post backup on the bench. She made the right decision to stay a Lady Vol, rather than submit to the WNBA draft, she is not ready for WNBA competition.

McCowan looks like a big plow horse on the court. She is huge with long arms. She gets down the court a lot better than Russell but her post moves are based on her aggression, strength and size and are anything but smooth. On offense Russell has excellent post moves and knows how to us her size to get into position to score. Russell has a good mental side, especially on offense, it appears that McCowan's game is mostly reactive. In the championship game Wilson used her mental side and smooth moves to beat a taller, stronger and bigger size McGowan. When Russell played Wilson in their last meeting, Russell was a much tougher opponent for Wilson, whenever they were in a one on one situation. The good thing with Russell is in big games, against teams with outstanding talent, she seems to be more aggressive and seldom takes time off. If Russell plays up to her talent, consistently, she is an SEC, first teamer, and an All American. All things said, McCowan needs a lot of work to be at a consistent Russell level.

Last edited:
she is the one doing the bashing, standing on the sideline whistling with those stretchy pants on bashing us to the bottom of the sec. I don't think we have had enough until i see her tail lights instead of her head lights.

🚨🚨🚨idiot alert 🚨🚨🚨

Reactions: 9 people
Want to have a good laugh? Someone with a twitter account, go and find Kara Lawson's tweet "about last night" and post it here.

The look on Doris Burke's face is priceless!

Reactions: 3 people
right after kara bumped her arm, you'd have thought Doris's favorite kid/parent/dog just died.

oh lawd, that made me laugh so hard.

Reactions: 2 people
Guess we have all been right about her bad case of Geno worship all these years.

Interesting note: During the past weekend I was watching the San Antonio Spurs play the LA Clippers. The game was in SA. Van Gundy and Jackson had a guest commentator for at least one quarter of the game. None other that Geno. Anybody want to guess who the sideline reporter for the game was? Yep, Doris Burke!

Interesting note: During the past weekend I was watching the San Antonio Spurs play the LA Clippers. The game was in SA. Van Gundy and Jackson had a guest commentator for at least one quarter of the game. None other that Geno. Anybody want to guess who the sideline reporter for the game was? Yep, Doris Burke!

You take our present mix, with the incoming talent .... we have the horses to run Geno into the ground.

VN Store

Back