VOLS in other cities besides Knoxville

I live in Chatt. we are a melting pot for the SEC. TN, GA, Ala, FL, and AU. Also see SC and LSU but not as much.

Which is why the (now Times-)Free Press has always had one of the better sports pages in the nation. They cover all the South's teams with appropriate passion and interest. In the fall, from any church choir loft in Chattanooga, you can see who's a fan of who from the ladies' sweaters and the mens' ties.

As for Vol fans, I've seen more orange being worn daily than in any other year since we moved here in 2005. I've also seen more strangers starting conversations based on just that.

I'm not concerned about Alabama's sales status. Once a team is established as a winner, wearing their brand attracts lots of casual buyers for the same reasons as names like Polo, The North Face, or Calvin Klein.

Plus, that swirly script A has a decidedly more feminine fashion appeal than the Power-T.

I mean, if I was female or gay (not that there's anything wrong with being a Bama fan), I'd definitely prefer to have that swishy, ruby-red A adorning my purse. :air_kiss:

Appreciate what you did with JTF-FA, JC. Bet you're very proud of that tour.

Yeah JP. Pretty happy with how things turned out and proud to have served with all the great men and women I did over the years. I was there fairly early when things ramped up in the 90's - very proud of the young warriors on my team as well....thankless job in many aspects unless we were able to bring closure to the families after many years.

Reactions: 1 person
I'll play along as well:

Morristown, Tennessee
Russelville, Tennessee
Fayeteville, North Carolina
Chicago, Illinois
Lakeland, Florida
San Antonio, Texas
Lowry AFB, Colorado
Anchorage/JBER, Alaska
Travis AFB, California
Diego Garcia, BIOT
Kadena AB, Japan
Anderson AFB, Guam
Kirkuk AB, Iraq
Manas AB, Kyrgyzstan
Langley AFB, Virginia
Bagram/Kandahar AB, Afghanistan
Shaw AFB/Columbia, South Carolina

It make me proud to see all of our military "Volunteers" on this site. Appreciate your service!

Reactions: 5 people
Cocoa, Florida doesn't see Tennessee Orange until game day. Then I notice that the minority of good looking people down here dress out in our power T.

Columbus, MS... Surrounded by west teams who want to try to make us out to be inferior, better continue while thy can. Patches of orange are few and far between around me, but being on here daily makes me feel surrounded by others who bleed orange as well. Go Big Orange. #VFL

Last edited:
I'll play along as well:

Morristown, Tennessee
Russelville, Tennessee
Fayeteville, North Carolina
Chicago, Illinois
Lakeland, Florida
San Antonio, Texas
Lowry AFB, Colorado
Anchorage/JBER, Alaska
Travis AFB, California
Diego Garcia, BIOT
Kadena AB, Japan
Anderson AFB, Guam
Kirkuk AB, Iraq
Manas AB, Kyrgyzstan
Langley AFB, Virginia
Bagram/Kandahar AB, Afghanistan
Shaw AFB/Columbia, South Carolina

It make me proud to see all of our military "Volunteers" on this site. Appreciate your service!

yours too

Asheville, NC. I see way too many Florida fans here. There are few 'Bammers rolling around too. UT is well represented though.

In order:

Dayton, OH
Monterrey, Mex
Guadalajara, Mex
Dayton,OH
St. Thomas, Virgin Isl
Dayton, Oh
Bowling Green, KY
Santander, Spain,
Bowing Green, KY
Nashville, Tn
Knoxville, TN (aka God's country)
Florence, Ky
Dayton, OH

Maryville, TN
Knoxville, TN
Biloxi, MS
Alamogordo, NM
Osan AB, Korea
Hampton, Va
Va Beach, Va
Newport "Bad" News, Va
Columbia, South America
Iceland
Johnson City, TN
Philadelphia, PA
Las Vegas, NV

Reactions: 2 people
In order:

Dayton, OH
Monterrey, Mex
Guadalajara, Mex
Dayton,OH
St. Thomas, Virgin Isl
Dayton, Oh
Bowling Green, KY
Santander, Spain,
Bowing Green, KY
Nashville, Tn
Knoxville, TN (aka God's country)
Florence, Ky
Dayton, OH

Should've stopped while you were in BG; by far the best place I've ever lived. Never would've left if my wife didn't want to get back to her home in the mid-state.

Clewiston, FL (born, 14 years)
LaBelle, FL (8 years)
Knoxville (4 years of UT)
Bowling Green, KY (6 years))
Columbia/Spring Hill, TN (2 yrs and counting)

Last edited:

VN Store

Back