• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

VN should apologize to JG

After spending a good deal of time analyzing "the play" and seeing various videos this conclusion is thus drawn and it's perfect and revolves around the fact that Jeremy Pruitt the head coach at the university of tennessee will not allow any team member to call a time-out under any circumstance regardless of the situation. First and foremost has a time-out been called by a player that any poster on VN is aware of? I think not and to be more specific Pruitt will not tolerate such. UT was successful in pulling a QB sneak on 1st attempt vs. Ga.St. 2nd attempt not one but 2 ILB's filled the middle gaps. JG, the QB had no choice but to see what was in front of his own eyes yet he ran the called play choosing not to audible out but run said called play. Why didn't a time-out enter his mind? Flash to this Sat. nite vs. Bama and it's 4th down once again. What happened? Ole Nick or Bama's DC must watch game film because as video demonstrates the ILB, (May), filled that gap just like Ga. St. did. A QB has to see this and if many say that called played had Crouch hitting a hole then JG knew immediately that LBer wasn't gonna be blocked and no way possible was that hand-off to Crouch ever gonna occur. There's not but one solution and that's call a time-out. Why hasn't JG done this? Why hasn't anyone done this that plays for UT? You now know the truth. We don't have a football coach. He himself should have known the play was gonna get blown-up and called the time-out himself. Now after reading those 12 pages of posts something still didn't make any sense but when you factor in the fact that Pruitt will not allow a player to take it upon himself to call a time-out at a critical juncture especially a QB serious problems can arise. Is it gonna take a 3rd time? Will Bailey really play here? No wonder our QB's have little confidence. Can't be trusted to call a time-out in a critical situation is f*#king belittling. I'll go 1st JG I'm sorry you had to end up playing for Hitler. I think your a good QB and has tried and you knew the situation Sat. nite. You did try to the best of your ability under the circumstance.
PS Pruitt isn't covering JG's butt...he's covering his own. See if any media boys confront the coach over time-outs

Libs and their logic.

I am starting to think JG has no intentions trying to help this team win games. The over throw to Jennings is mind blowing, the over throw to DWA in the Fla game. No timing in any game to be honest. Maybe he is playing against his own team. There is no moment that makes me think he is actually trying or wanting to win. I think he is the biggest cancer on the team and its not even close

Did I read this wrong: QB thinks a LB is going to come unblocked and he won’t have time to make the hand off. He can’t call timeout because because coach is a nazi. Can’t audible to a different play because he’s too good of a guy to disrespect his coaches like that. So rather than allow the running back to get stuffed, his only other option is to jump straight up and hold the ball out in front of him, sacrificing himself for the team. Thanks for explaining that to us OP.

Look, I’m not here to bash JG. The kid has played hard for us. He just seems to make some bad decisions and I think that’s exactly what happened on this play. Nothing more, nothing less. Just happened to be an extremely costly one this time. I say let’s just be pleased with the very real improvements we have seen this season and trust the coaches and players to continue doing their best to correct mistakes and get better every week. Feels like we are just one or two missing pieces from having a real football team again and I like it!

Reactions: feathersax
Did I read this wrong: QB thinks a LB is going to come unblocked and he won’t have time to make the hand off. He can’t call timeout because because coach is a nazi. Can’t audible to a different play because he’s too good of a guy to disrespect his coaches like that. So rather than allow the running back to get stuffed, his only other option is to jump straight up and hold the ball out in front of him, sacrificing himself for the team. Thanks for explaining that to us OP.

Look, I’m not here to bash JG. The kid has played hard for us. He just seems to make some bad decisions and I think that’s exactly what happened on this play. Nothing more, nothing less. Just happened to be an extremely costly one this time. I say let’s just be pleased with the very real improvements we have seen this season and trust the coaches and players to continue doing their best to correct mistakes and get better every week. Feels like we are just one or two missing pieces from having a real football team again and I like it!

JG makes terrible football decisions. He has cost UT chances to win in several games this season and Saturday night was the most egregious example of his mental incompetence. It won’t be pretty when he returns to Neyland’s Stadium.

Ok I’m sorry JG that you can’t read defenses and can’t get called plays. Maybe at a junior college you would excel.

Reactions: feathersax
JG makes terrible football decisions. He has cost UT chances to win in several games this season and Saturday night was the most egregious example of his mental incompetence. It won’t be pretty when he returns to Neyland’s Stadium.

I don’t disagree with any of that. I think he has sealed his fate with the fan base. As a fan myself, I hope that the coaches can get Shrout ready so we don’t need to play JG ever again. As a fellow human being, I don’t have any ill will toward the kid and I would love to see him have success. Unfortunately, I think that is going to have to be at another school because he has had plenty of chances to have success here and can’t seem to get it done.

Reactions: windrider

VN Store

Back