VN should apologize to JG

Put yourself in his shoes and see that LB. You have no choice but to go right, the 10 gap. 1 being the designation of qb. He's not athletic but in that case he had no choice but to improvise. I PLAYED THE DAMN POSITION so I KNOW WHERE FAULT LIES.

Past Pop Warner?

OP has gone mute.....lol. Probably convinced himself that he just can’t teach all of us non-QBs how to blame everyone else for QB eff ups.

Reactions: gunner
Honestly I feel for JG. The guy has plenty of blood, sweat and tears put in, but at this point how can his teammates trust him? Playing at this level it is so important. Shrout is the only option in my opinion. I dont care if the coach said he believes in JG (which I think is only coach speak), his teammates likely dont believe in him if what we think happened actually happened.

Reactions: GoVols64
Put yourself in his shoes and see that LB. You have no choice but to go right, the 10 gap. 1 being the designation of qb. He's not athletic but in that case he had no choice but to improvise. I PLAYED THE DAMN POSITION so I KNOW WHERE FAULT LIES.
So basically you would have made a boneheaded play as well. Got it.

Reactions: gunner
After spending a good deal of time analyzing "the play" and seeing various videos this conclusion is thus drawn and it's perfect and revolves around the fact that Jeremy Pruitt the head coach at the university of tennessee will not allow any team member to call a time-out under any circumstance regardless of the situation. First and foremost has a time-out been called by a player that any poster on VN is aware of? I think not and to be more specific Pruitt will not tolerate such. UT was successful in pulling a QB sneak on 1st attempt vs. Ga.St. 2nd attempt not one but 2 ILB's filled the middle gaps. JG, the QB had no choice but to see what was in front of his own eyes yet he ran the called play choosing not to audible out but run said called play. Why didn't a time-out enter his mind? Flash to this Sat. nite vs. Bama and it's 4th down once again. What happened? Ole Nick or Bama's DC must watch game film because as video demonstrates the ILB, (May), filled that gap just like Ga. St. did. A QB has to see this and if many say that called played had Crouch hitting a hole then JG knew immediately that LBer wasn't gonna be blocked and no way possible was that hand-off to Crouch ever gonna occur. There's not but one solution and that's call a time-out. Why hasn't JG done this? Why hasn't anyone done this that plays for UT? You now know the truth. We don't have a football coach. He himself should have known the play was gonna get blown-up and called the time-out himself. Now after reading those 12 pages of posts something still didn't make any sense but when you factor in the fact that Pruitt will not allow a player to take it upon himself to call a time-out at a critical juncture especially a QB serious problems can arise. Is it gonna take a 3rd time? Will Bailey really play here? No wonder our QB's have little confidence. Can't be trusted to call a time-out in a critical situation is f*#king belittling. I'll go 1st JG I'm sorry you had to end up playing for Hitler. I think your a good QB and has tried and you knew the situation Sat. nite. You did try to the best of your ability under the circumstance.
PS Pruitt isn't covering JG's butt...he's covering his own. See if any media boys confront the coach over time-outs
Not sure which is more concerning, your analysis or the fact that three people like it?

This is as dishonest a post as I’ve seen in awhile. Did you not see the breakdown of the play by Jordan Rodgers? Literally everyone was doing his job EXCEPT Guarantano. It was gonna be an easy walk in touchdown if Guarantano hadn’t gone rogue and just handed the ball off.

I saw it KB, but I dont think the play would have worked either way it goes. Crouch didnt even move a muscle when the ball was snapped. I dont think Crouch new what was going on

I saw it KB, but I dont think the play would have worked either way it goes. Crouch didnt even move a muscle when the ball was snapped. I dont think Crouch new what was going on
Watch it again. He stepped to right where the hole opened up. Then when he realized JG went on his own, he stopped looking confused wondering what is going on.

Reactions: GoVols64

Could have been a false step to give the line time to establish blocks and the back time to read the hole.... I don't know but but Rodgers' breakdown was pretty definitive IMO.

After spending a good deal of time analyzing "the play" and seeing various videos this conclusion is thus drawn and it's perfect and revolves around the fact that Jeremy Pruitt the head coach at the university of tennessee will not allow any team member to call a time-out under any circumstance regardless of the situation. First and foremost has a time-out been called by a player that any poster on VN is aware of? I think not and to be more specific Pruitt will not tolerate such. UT was successful in pulling a QB sneak on 1st attempt vs. Ga.St. 2nd attempt not one but 2 ILB's filled the middle gaps. JG, the QB had no choice but to see what was in front of his own eyes yet he ran the called play choosing not to audible out but run said called play. Why didn't a time-out enter his mind? Flash to this Sat. nite vs. Bama and it's 4th down once again. What happened? Ole Nick or Bama's DC must watch game film because as video demonstrates the ILB, (May), filled that gap just like Ga. St. did. A QB has to see this and if many say that called played had Crouch hitting a hole then JG knew immediately that LBer wasn't gonna be blocked and no way possible was that hand-off to Crouch ever gonna occur. There's not but one solution and that's call a time-out. Why hasn't JG done this? Why hasn't anyone done this that plays for UT? You now know the truth. We don't have a football coach. He himself should have known the play was gonna get blown-up and called the time-out himself. Now after reading those 12 pages of posts something still didn't make any sense but when you factor in the fact that Pruitt will not allow a player to take it upon himself to call a time-out at a critical juncture especially a QB serious problems can arise. Is it gonna take a 3rd time? Will Bailey really play here? No wonder our QB's have little confidence. Can't be trusted to call a time-out in a critical situation is f*#king belittling. I'll go 1st JG I'm sorry you had to end up playing for Hitler. I think your a good QB and has tried and you knew the situation Sat. nite. You did try to the best of your ability under the circumstance.
PS Pruitt isn't covering JG's butt...he's covering his own. See if any media boys confront the coach over time-outs

Other way around. JG should apologize to the fans and the university for going rogue!

Reactions: rkvdg
Yes Crouch didn't know what was going on. the other 9 guys in orange didn't know either.

VN Store

Back