UPDATE: Urban Meyer's resignation is now a leave of absence

So maybe he will resign at the press conference, his wife said "no way" so maybe something just popped up. Anything can happen. GBO. Go Away, Urban.

Ok this is it I can't stand it... Please someone explain WHY this is good when a coach is coming back that is 5-0 against us. Please.
Because he can't decide if he will coach or not. There is also the unknown of when he returns. Don't you think that CLK and other schools will negatively recruit against the Gators based on this. Plus any Juniors on the fence about going to the NFL or not will likely go pro now. The Gators are going to take a dip especially if that interim coach has to coach next season.

Because he can't decide if he will coach or not. There is also the unknown of when he returns. Don't you think that CLK and other schools will negatively recruit against the Gators based on this. Plus any Juniors on the fence about going to the NFL or not will likely go pro now. The Gators are going to take a dip especially if that interim coach has to coach next season.

I think the juniors will base their decision to go pro or not on what the NFL Advisory Committee says moreso than who the coach is next year. From all indication the Pounceys, Dunlap, Hernandez and Haden are gone. The other guys on the fence like Ahmad Black, Major Wright, Moody and Chris Rainey would be better served by coming back.

The effect on recruiting won't be known until NSD. Meyer has been in contact with the recruits that have already committed, as have rival coaches competing for these kids.

I URGE EVERY ONE TO READ THIS:

University of Florida
On December 27th 2009, The Florida Times and Gazette announced that Stoops had agreed to a 8 year $44 million contract to replace Urban Meyer as the Head Coach of the Florida Gators.

From the Wikipedia page Bob Stoops.

This is probably garbage but TIFWIW

poster17240255.jpg

So maybe he will resign at the press conference, his wife said "no way" so maybe something just popped up. Anything can happen. GBO. Go Away, Urban.

I think Urban is just a little confused right now. His love affair with Timmy is about to end, his wife is jealous of his constant Timmy-love, and he just needed time to think things over. He's come to the sad realization there will never be another Timmy, ever again. Men do crazy things when the love of their life leaves them. He even thought about following Timmy into the NFL, but his wife said no. Have a little compassion.

I think Urban is just a little confused right now. His love affair with Timmy is about to end, his wife is jealous of his constant Timmy-love, and he just needed time to think things over. He's come to the sad realization there will never be another Timmy, ever again. Men do crazy things when the love of their life leaves them. He even thought about following Timmy into the NFL, but his wife said no. Have a little compassion.

-1 for originality

So Holtz and May's love fest on ESPN prior to meyer's NC from NOLA is all about how demanding a head coaches job can be, and it's obvious that for whatever reason, Meyer just can't handle it, and it's also obvious that without crying tebow can't handle it either. Intense stress, excruciating headaches, his wonderful wife and family, blah, blah, blah. I hope the next step for them both is a downward spiral as media whores. Maybe they can co-write a book together?

... how do you Vols see this situation? You'd get a another chance at Meyer when he comes back, and would give Lane plenty of time to build the UT program.

I love it. I feel bad for the guy that he has to step down, may God be with him in this time with the health concerns. Just because I hate how good of a coach he is doesnt mean I hate him as a person. Good Luck Urban.

What I am excited about is that we (Lane) will get another shot at him after getting his recruits in at UT. GO VOLS!!!

The good part of the 'leave of absence' and uncertainty is that there is no top-notch coach who is going to come to Florida with the job uncertainty of Urban coming back. I hope Urban continues this leave for a few years....that will destabilize the program far more than him simply resigning

All that anyone needs to do is ask the question...."What else could Foley do?" :) Folks, it going to become a real circus in Gainsville...Yeah, I know what you are thinking, it already is...but just wait! Ever heard the expression from penthouse to outhouse? :hi:

VN Store

Back