UPDATE: Urban Meyer's resignation is now a leave of absence

Here's another possibility: He really is giving up the Head Coach job but after further discussions with the Florida AD he came up with this "leave of absence" bull sheet and "my gut says I'll coach in 2010" so that the Gators could keep their recruits. It seems likely to me that it will still hurt their recruiting as any recruit with an IQ over 60 has got to be wondering who'll be coaching for not only next year but the next 4. As a final thought don't you think rival coaches are already spreading the word that Urban's a nut job?

I'm not sure many rivals thought that this was anything but what was going on.

Brent Hubbs was on 104.5 the Zone out of Nashville and said about the the Meyer Situation, that he feels like he will leave for good shortly after signing day. He said he has heard that after going out and annuncing it Foley and the other coaches were upset because they hadn't heard a decision had been made when he came out and said he was out and this is just a last ditch effort to save this class.

Brent Hubbs was on 104.5 the Zone out of Nashville and said about the the Meyer Situation, that he feels like he will leave for good shortly after signing day. He said he has heard that after going out and annuncing it Foley and the other coaches were upset because they hadn't heard a decision had been made when he came out and said he was out and this is just a last ditch effort to save this class.

we'll see

No shot. I know Hubbs has alotta information, but Hubbs was going on his gut, just like Meyer. He has no info about this situation. I was a little dissapointed Meyer said "in his gut he will coach in 2010" because deep down, I don't think he really knows if he will ever coach again. He needs to find the sweet spot in life and coaching before he can make it work, JMO.

No shot. I know Hubbs has alotta information, but Hubbs was going on his gut, just like Meyer. He has no info about this situation. I was a little dissapointed Meyer said "in his gut he will coach in 2010" because deep down, I don't think he really knows if he will ever coach again. He needs to find the sweet spot in life and coaching before he can make it work, JMO.
Nah.

VN Store

Back