Update on Randy Shannon, DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of what info I've posted ab the DC situation, Hubbs, is not a "breaking news/get the scoop" type of journalist. He is solid on getting information about the team and analyzing current situations on te program as well as having great historical knowledge of the team. However, he never has been the go-to guy when it comes to making calls/predications on certain aspects that are speculative. This holds true with recent coaching searches, AD search, recruiting an other areas.

At times, and when taken in context, Hubbs has good information. IMO, he has no clue on the DC search...that much is evident.

I thought I read this the other night,,, dude, look in a mirror. your info has not even been close, first calling for a press conference on Monday, then all the other posts,,, write a mystery novel or something. Nice fiction brother.

There is no damn way that he or his interests have NOT spoken to Tennessee 8 days after Wilcox officially left or 10 days after Dooley knew he was leaving. Too much smoke and all Knoxville media are reporting that the two sides have never spoken. Methinks the Knoxville media are completely in the dark on this one.

Fox_Mulder_bearded.jpg

There is no damn way that he or his interests have NOT spoken to Tennessee 8 days after Wilcox officially left or 10 days after Dooley knew he was leaving. Too much smoke and all Knoxville media are reporting that the two sides have never spoken. Methinks the Knoxville media are completely in the dark on this one.

Hope you are right. Shannon or Zook or no one............

Reactions: 1 person
Who the heck knows at this point....other than those directly involved, and they aint talking. I really dont understand why it has to be so "hush-hush", but i guess i understand don't want it to be obvious if we start making offers and everyone turns us down. I'd be happy with Shannon, Steele, Thompson...and several others, but the "not knowing" and NSD quickly approaching is what makes it tough.

Reactions: 1 person

Who the heck knows at this point....other than those directly involved, and they aint talking. I really dont understand why it has to be so "hush-hush", but i guess i understand don't want it to be obvious if we start making offers and everyone turns us down. I'd be happy with Shannon, Steele, Thompson...and several others, but the "not knowing" and NSD quickly approaching is what makes it tough.

I too believe it...but the fan base has been pulled into a media war and coaching search campaign that involves egos, misinformation, control issues, who wears the bigger pants, Pretenders, greed and Nostra-dum-asses.

Add to it Lawyers and Agents who want there deal....

There is no way to verify any of this information....

Bennett's daughter talked him out of it....

The one thing I have done is to watch the policies by law that concern hiring employees....and can somewhat see where there would be some creditibility to some posts on this site and others.....

NO WAY the Dooley vs Hart confrontation battle royale that OCI would have you believe is true. They both decided to target Shannon. They made an offer to Shannon. Shannon wanted more years on the deal. Hart wouldn't give them to him which clearly shows a complete lack of faith in Dooley. If Shannon isn't our DC it is no one's fault but Hart's. Either fire Dooley now or give him the resources he needs to succeed. Don't ride the fence.

Reactions: 3 people
It is very possible that the stories about Hart wanting Shannon are true. He may have negotiated a contract with Shannon's agent but Dooley may not want to look over his shoulder. Dooley has never worked with Shannon and may want people he is familiar with. It is also possible that Dooley is interviewing Sunseri and Bennet for the LB or DL positions. Dooley has most likely interviewed Biassaci for the ST position. It is all specualtion at this point. I haven't seen any concrete reports by Chavis saying he declined an offer, Bennet declining an offer, or Steele being contacted. It has been said by the media that Shannon had agreed and the announcement would be Monday but Dooley may be trying to put the entire staff together before an announcement is made. I haven't heard Shannon say he was interested or had not been contacted. It is amazing how many rumors get started about this stuff. I just hope they announce something by tomorrow so they can save this recruiting class.

Hope you are right. Shannon or Zook or no one............

I agree. If we can't get either of those guys there's no use in wasting money that could be used on Dooley's replacement...

Promote CLT to keep the players happy, bring in some position coaches, and see what happens. If CLT does well and we win 9, great. If we don't have a good season then you have more money to throw at Chris Petersen.

Idk what to think anymore.... If they did indeed offer the job to the baylor dc and he turned us down its gonna be an ugly hire. I would rather have lance promoted than to hire someone like that. I hope its Shannon though.... Just seems like a long shot at this point

I agree. If we can't get either of those guys there's no use in wasting money that could be used on Dooley's replacement...

Promote CLT to keep the players happy, bring in some position coaches, and see what happens. If CLT does well and we win 9, great. If we don't have a good season then you have more money to throw at Chris Petersen.

I don't see him leaving boise anytime soon if ever. Would love to have him though.

I'm concerned that Shannon being named became hinged upon Slive checking in with the NCAA in regards to investigations into Miami to see what he could find out. Similar to what he did regarding BP and spoke to MH. If something could come up and Shannon was penalized in some way while at DC on the Hill, it would be a disaster.

Only thing that puzzles me is there has not been so much as a peep from Shannon... You know he has heard about all this comotion invoolving his name... If he truly hasn't spoken officially with anyone from UT all he has to do is say "I haven' t contacted by anyone from UT... period" End of Shannon to UT discussion but he has been silent. Why? Is he out of the country?

Entirely speculation on my part but I do think it is strange...

Reactions: 3 people
Very well said, mlsoft! God has a lot more important things to deal with than college football and who is going to be our next DC. I honestly can't believe that anyone would pray to God about this situation. I am a strong Christian man and pray to God about a lot of things, but would NEVER pray to Him about sports, except that He would keep the players safe from injury. What you said would be a sensible prayer, that our staff would hire someone that is a Christian man, which may help to pass that along to some of our players or students at UT.

Hmmmm....

That is not at all what I said in my post -- perhaps I did not make myself clear. I was saying that we have an omnipotent, omnipresent, God for whom nothing is too insignificant to take to Him in prayer -- including our football team and staff. James tells us that "you have not because you ask not" his point being that we should always ask Him for what we desire. At the same time, since unlike God we do not know how a particular request would work out, we should always pray like Jesus did that "not our will, but His will be done" in the matter.

mlsoft

Last edited:
Only thing that puzzles me is there has not been so much as a peep from Shannon... You know he has heard about all this comotion invoolving his name... If he truly hasn't spoken officially with anyone from UT all he has to do is say "I haven' t contacted by anyone from UT... period" End of Shannon to UT discussion but he has been silent. Why? Is he out of the country?

Entirely speculation on my part but I do think it is strange...

This too, strikes me as odd

I believe in God and his Son.I just think down the road Tebow will be promoting a different god than the God of the bible.

I disagree with you 100%. Only God knows for sure, but from everything I see Tebow is an amazingly consistent Christian of good character who gives God the honor, praise, and Glory rightfully due Him. I can only wish we were all like Tebow for that is what God desires from us.

God is the source of all good things in our lives and we should all give Him honor, praise, and Glory.

mlsoft

Reactions: 5 people
I disagree with you 100%. Only God knows for sure, but from everything I see Tebow is an amazingly consistent Christian of good character who gives God the honor, praise, and Glory rightfully due Him. I can only wish we were all like Tebow for that is what God desires from us.

God is the source of all good things in our lives and we should all give Him honor, praise, and Glory.

mlsoft

:yes::yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back