Update on Randy Shannon, DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per Sources inside the UT AD.

The University of Tennessee has decided not to a hire a DC and roll with what we have.

Solid info.

Reactions: 2 people
Regardless of what info I've posted ab the DC situation, Hubbs, is not a "breaking news/get the scoop" type of journalist. He is solid on getting information about the team and analyzing current situations on te program as well as having great historical knowledge of the team. However, he never has been the go-to guy when it comes to making calls/predications on certain aspects that are speculative. This holds true with recent coaching searches, AD search, recruiting an other areas.

At times, and when taken in context, Hubbs has good information. IMO, he has no clue on the DC search...that much is evident.

Regardless of what info I've posted ab the DC situation, Hubbs, is not a "breaking news/get the scoop" type of journalist. He is solid on getting information about the team and analyzing current situations on te program as well as having great historical knowledge of the team. However, he never has been the go-to guy when it comes to making calls/predications on certain aspects that are speculative. This holds true with recent coaching searches, AD search, recruiting an other areas.

At times, and when taken in context, Hubbs has good information. IMO, he has no clue on the DC search...that much is evident.

Monday announcement still?

DocVol no disrespect but you can understand why many of us are doubting your inside source. If there was a Presser for 1pm tomorrow or anytime tomorrow the press would start to learn that tonight. So far the press believes we are no closer to a DC hire then we was last week. I prayed you was right, but I have a feeling this will go down as another Love Smith rumor.

At times, and when taken in context, Hubbs has good information. IMO, he has no clue on the DC search...that much is evident.[/QUOTE]

At this point I agree that everything is pure speculation.

Nothing has changed if Doc is correct. The announcement want scheduled before Monday anyway. UT will release the PC announcement tomorrow am so as not to tip their hand early.

It still just does not make sense as to why would Dooley not want him out recruiting rather than trying to make a splash on Monday?

This is the coaching convention weekend...so not a lot of "out recruiting" this weekend. Next weekend I huge for the Vols recruiting, but I could be reading too much into this.

heard that Chris Low talked with Shannon and he laughed and said it must be his twin. cause he hasnt been hired.

Hope you're right and RS is the new DC. Nothing I've heard in the last week has been pointing in that direction, tho.

Just passing along what Hubbs reported in this case.

Just curious in the same fashion of Penn St., couldn't the announcement be made tomorrow and the presser later in the week?

Nick Saban would be proud of Dooley. All the training has paid off. Not one knows anything....just what Saban preaches. We knew what we were getting when we hired him. That is part of the package. I like it!

Reactions: 2 people
So Chris Low is the only journalist (and I use that term loosely) that has been able to contact Randy Shannon and get him to talk to him. I call Supreme BS on this.
Did Chris Low on the radio actually say he talked to Randy? I cannot believe that happened. Now it may not be RS but I sure dont think Low is the only one that has tried and succeeded in getting a quote from him.

This is getting just dumb. Yes its him, no it ain't. Oh its zook, no wait its baylors d coordinator. Announcement on Friday, Monday, now reported Wednesday. This is either the most tightly composed search for someone ever or everyone is just posting whatever they hear and hoping its the truth. Thanks for all the info guys but I need a beer after all this :)

Reactions: 1 person
So Chris Low is the only journalist (and I use that term loosely) that has been able to contact Randy Shannon and get him to talk to him. I called Supreme BS on this.
Did Chris Low on the radio actually say he talked to Randy? I simple cannot believe that happened. Now it may not be RS but I sure dont think Low is the only one that has tried and succeeded in getting a quote from him.

I agree how is it that c-low is the only guy that can get a hold of rs and get an interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back