Update on Randy Shannon, DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll say this:

If any of the talk about Dooley not wanting Shannon because he doesn't want to be looking over his shoulder wondering about his job is true...that should tell you what kind of coach we have.

The day your head coach is scared of one of his assistants is the day he doesn't need to be head coach at that school anymore.

If Dooley wants to do all he can to be the big dog on the coaching staff, then I'm afraid all he can do is continually hire from schools the likes of La Tech.

I'll say this:

If any of the talk about Dooley not wanting Shannon because he doesn't want to be looking over his shoulder wondering about his job is true...that should tell you what kind of coach we have.

The day your head coach is scared of one of his assistants is the day he doesn't need to be head coach at that school anymore.

If Dooley wants to do all he can to be the big dog on the coaching staff, then I'm afraid all he can do is continually hire from schools the likes of La Tech.

But what part of ANY of that makes you think it is true?

Throw out the "what I've heard" or "I know a guy that's an equipment manager..." stuff.

What actual proof of that is there?

It reeks of something that people roll out there to support an agenda.

I was excited about a possible RS hire, with a few reservations. Not sure he's a good fit or well suited for our challenges. Maybe he is, but if there are deal breakers, then I wouldn't be upset about going in-house for CLT. Not in a position to know, I'm not advocating. But if those who are in a position to know make that choice, it would be ok by me. At the least, CLT deserves serious consideration, even versus CRS.

Last edited:
Is everyone in your life Christian's?

Are there no one that needs help or your added prayers that you know?

Do you not have any enemies that you should pray that the lord would soften your heart toward?

Is everything in your life and your family's life in God's perfect order?

If all of your answers to these questions are positive then you are more then welcome to pray for Tennessee but I personally don't see that making a positive recruiting splash would be the "Will of God".

You could pray that God puts someone in there that helps these young men find Christ and become better Christians.... but you might not approve of who God chooses.

Point is, some things are not funny and joking about God is one of them. The only thing I fear would be that God would ever decide to turn his back on me. That's never going to happen as long as I have a say.

Well said Man of God.

Reactions: 3 people
Basically DH wants RS, DD wants anyone but RS. DD did not want Jay Graham but DH did--and everyone saw who won that battle. RS is still DH's choice but he allowed DD to talk to other candidates (who all turned Tenn/DD down). And DH is in a quandary on if he should allow DD to hang himself or hire who he wants (RS).

Two things, if true:

1. Dooley is an idiot (and I like the guy)

2. Hart should let Dooley win out. It's a good message to send to future candidates that you won't try to micromanage them.

As of right now I think the players might as well coach themselves. I mean we have some really good talent on both sides of the ball. Enough talent to at least win 8 games next year with the schedule we have. I don't care who the DC cordinator is, if we don't produce next year there will be A LOT of changes this time next year.

Basically DH wants RS, DD wants anyone but RS. DD did not want Jay Graham but DH did--and everyone saw who won that battle. RS is still DH's choice but he allowed DD to talk to other candidates (who all turned Tenn/DD down). And DH is in a quandary on if he should allow DD to hang himself or hire who he wants (RS).

Insider info says you? Hogwash, says I.

Is this source of the supposed power struggle the same that declared there was a QB controversy brewing at UT?

Randy Shannon will be our next HC! I would say that if CDD bombs this coming year that Shannon will be the man!

Not a chance on earth of this happening. If Dooley craps out, Hart will bring in a coach who is a proven winner be it from a large school or a smaller one. Shannon in no way meets that definition and in a sense would set up a repeat of the Dooley hire.

No way Shannon will be the HC here if Dooley gets fired.

mlsoft

"Is everyone in your life Christian's? Are there no one that needs help or your added prayers that you know? Do you not have any enemies that you should pray that the lord would soften your heart toward? Is everything in your life and your family's life in God's perfect order? If all of your answers to these questions are positive then you are more then welcome to pray for Tennessee but I personally don't see that making a positive recruiting splash would be the "Will of God". You could pray that God puts someone in there that helps these young men find Christ and become better Christians.... but you might not approve of who God chooses. Point is said:
"Well said Man of God."

It sounds to me that either your view of God is perhaps too small or that maybe your time spent in prayer is too short. Are we not supposed to take all our cares to the throne of God in prayer?? The Bible teaches us that God is totally sovereign over all that exists and everything that happens and that nothing is too small a matter for Him -- He knows how many hairs are on your head and not even a sparrow hits the ground without His knowledge. We should not decide for God what is important and what is not -- James says that "you have not because you ask not".

But we should always be careful of how we pray for things when the will of God is in the matter is unknown. There is nothing wrong about taking our concerns about the coaching staff and our team to the Lord in prayer, but that does not mean we should pray for RS to be our new DC -- none of us really knows for sure whether or not he would be good for the program. Instead we might consider praying that the Lord would lead Dooley and Hart to the best possible choice for DC and bless us and our team with a very good coach who is also a good Christian man of faith, but that not our will, but His will be done in the matter.

Just a thought to consider....

mlsoft

Reactions: 1 person
It sounds to me that either your view of God is perhaps too small or that maybe your time spent in prayer is too short. Are we not supposed to take all our cares to the throne of God in prayer?? The Bible teaches us that God is totally sovereign over all that exists and everything that happens and that nothing is too small a matter for Him -- He knows how many hairs are on your head and not even a sparrow hits the ground without His knowledge. We should not decide for God what is important and what is not -- James says that "you have not because you ask not".

But we should always be careful of how we pray for things when the will of God is in the matter is unknown. There is nothing wrong about taking our concerns about the coaching staff and our team to the Lord in prayer, but that does not mean we should pray for RS to be our new DC -- none of us really knows for sure whether or not he would be good for the program. Instead we might consider praying that the Lord would lead Dooley and Hart to the best possible choice for DC and bless us and our team with a very good coach who is also a good Christian man of faith, but that not our will, but His will be done in the matter.

Just a thought to consider....

mlsoft

Very well said, mlsoft! God has a lot more important things to deal with than college football and who is going to be our next DC. I honestly can't believe that anyone would pray to God about this situation. I am a strong Christian man and pray to God about a lot of things, but would NEVER pray to Him about sports, except that He would keep the players safe from injury. What you said would be a sensible prayer, that our staff would hire someone that is a Christian man, which may help to pass that along to some of our players or students at UT.

Very well said, mlsoft! God has a lot more important things to deal with than college football and who is going to be our next DC. I honestly can't believe that anyone would pray to God about this situation. I am a strong Christian man and pray to God about a lot of things, but would NEVER pray to Him about sports, except that He would keep the players safe from injury. What you said would be a sensible prayer, that our staff would hire someone that is a Christian man, which may help to pass that along to some of our players or students at UT.

Yeah, I guess He is pretty busy with the Broncos and Tebow right now.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, I guess He is pretty busy with the Broncos and Tebow right now.

Edit: college football AND professional football. I respect what Tebow stands for and I think it is great that he continually gives God the glory; however, the Broncos aren't making a playoff run and Tebow doing what he does, because God is helping them.

Maybe this is why DD was agitated yesterday at the coaches' convention (according to OCI, who said he spoke to a Big 12 coach that had talked to DD earlier in the day and said he seemed agitated). Maybe DD knew that his last chance for a DC was Phil Bennett from Baylor, and when he turned DD down, then DD knew at that point he was out of reasonable candidates. The only option left was Hart would now take over (since he gave DD a chance to get his guy), and RS is who Hart will get. Hmmm...makes you wonder. Of course, that is what we have been doing for over a week now....trying to come up with logical conclusions to figure out our next DC. :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back