Ukraine II: The Fight Against Russian Aggression

Yep. First he gets a large “Russian citizen” population living in various areas of the Ukraine. Then he moves to “protect Russian citizens” and stabilize the region. After all... he’s only acting in the best interests of his constituents. Annexation without firing a shot. But we know they’ll fire shots too.
Its not annexation. They are choosing Russia.
Annexation would be similar to what Saddam tried with Kuwait.

Is it Russian citizenship in addition to, or in lieu of, Ukrainian citizenship? I think if the UK or an EU nation said I could have their citizenship in addition to US citizenship, I'd take it. Better to have options. But if I had to give up US citizenship I wouldn't do it.
That is the counter move that Ukraine needs to make. Similar to what most countries do. If you have citizenship in one country but then accept it for another, then you (should) lose citizenship in the first country. All Ukraine has to say is that anyone that accepts Russian passports forfeits their Ukrainian citizenship.

Similar to what we really need to do with Israelis or Ghanaians. We should not allow dual-citizenship.

Its not annexation. They are choosing Russia.
Annexation would be similar to what Saddam tried with Kuwait.
Ok so Russian organized sedition sets better with you? Keep up the rationalization.

Tell you what. If they want to be Russians so bad how about they just immigrate?

That is the counter move that Ukraine needs to make. Similar to what most countries do. If you have citizenship in one country but then accept it for another, then you (should) lose citizenship in the first country. All Ukraine has to say is that anyone that accepts Russian passports forfeits their Ukrainian citizenship.

Similar to what we really need to do with Israelis or Ghanaians. We should not allow dual-citizenship.
So I agree on this point and would add Ukraine should throw their asses out and let them go thru normal immigration processes as a legal resident.

So why is he?
He's wanting to stabilize the situation in Ukraine. Obviously, the suspicion Russia has is that they will get a large number of requests for passports. If that occurs, then that really leaves The West/NATO with no room to scream annexation or invasion when the people willingly choose to be Russians.

He's wanting to stabilize the situation in Ukraine. Obviously, the suspicion Russia has is that they will get a large number of requests for passports. If that occurs, then that really leaves The West/NATO with no room to scream annexation or invasion when the people willingly choose to be Russians.

At what point in this plan does the stabilizing involve removing Russian troops from Ukraine?

Does this Russian "citizenship" come with any tangible benefits that actually cost the motherland money?
Well let me ask you... if the United States chose to offer Haitians, Mexicans and Cubans passports only, do you think that would come at a cost?

At what point in this plan does the stabilizing involve removing Russian troops from Ukraine?

Probably when Ukraine honors the Minsk agreement and resorts to diplomacy instead of military pressure against their brothers in E. Ukraine. A much better chance now with the new president...

More aggression.

Yeah... more aggression...

Mysterious whale possibly linked to Russian military is affectionate, fetches rings for locals in Norway

Copenhagen, Denmark -- A beluga whale found in Arctic Norway wearing a harness that suggests links to a military facility in Russia is so tame that residents can pet the mammal on its nose. The white whale found frolicking in the frigid harbor of Tufjord, a hamlet near Norway's northernmost point, has become "a huge attraction" for locals, one resident said Tuesday.

The whale is so comfortable with people that it swims to the dock and retrieves plastic rings thrown into the sea.

"The whale is so tame that when you call it, it comes to you," said Linn Saether, adding the whale also reacts to yells and when humans splash their hands in the water.

She said when she throws out a plastic ring, the Beluga whale brings it back to her as she sits on the dock.

whale-ap-19120539065132.jpg

In this photo taken on Monday, April 29, 2019, Linn Saether poses with a beluga whale, days after a fisherman removed a harness with a mount for camera from the mammal, in Tufjord, Norway.

VN Store

Back