Ukraine II: The Fight Against Russian Aggression

He had a major mistake in the debate when he called the Russians in eastern Ukraine rebels instead of Russian regular troops or Russian backed separatists. If I were in the Ukrainian Armed Forces I would be worried, no telling what Putin may do with a weak and inexperienced leader coming into power.

He had a major mistake in the debate when he called the Russians in eastern Ukraine rebels instead of Russian regular troops or Russian backed separatists. If I were in the Ukrainian Armed Forces I would be worried, no telling what Putin may do with a weak and inexperienced leader coming into power.

My cursory following of the race indicates Zeleskiy has been very vague about his policies (see e.g., link above).

But more than anything, the fact that a TV actor can waltz in and get 70% of the vote suggests Ukraine has real issues.

But more than anything, the fact that a TV actor can waltz in and get 70% of the vote suggests Ukraine has real issues.
They are tired of the Western/NATO manipulation. Those foreigners have helped to tear that country apart over the last 5 years with their colour revolution. Anything, even a comedian with no previous experience, is better than one of these NATO fluffing, IMF loan sharking puppets like Poroshenko.

Expect Ukraine to now move closer to their natural ally Russia and for peace to be restored in the region. Also, expect to see new economic deals being put in place and for Ukraine to be a major player in the new Eurasian trade zone/Belt and Road Initiative.

Reactions: Pacer92
Russian regular troops?

They are tired of the Western/NATO manipulation. Those foreigners have helped to tear that country apart over the last 5 years with their colour revolution. Anything, even a comedian with no previous experience, is better than one of these NATO fluffing, IMF loan sharking puppets like Poroshenko.

I think this is closer to what's happening.

I watched zero Ukrainian TV and cannot say how accurate this is, but it's also being floated in the discussion.

People need to get a grip and understand the difference between a movie and real life.

My point in posting that tweet was the first sentence. About voters apparently wanting someone outside the current mire who they believe will change things.

I suspect that rarely works out as hoped.

Expect Ukraine to now move closer to their natural ally Russia and for peace to be restored in the region. Also, expect to see new economic deals being put in place and for Ukraine to be a major player in the new Eurasian trade zone/Belt and Road Initiative.

If you think Russia and Ukraine will ever be brothers again you're mistaken. 5 years of war and nearly 13,000 killed will not be easily forgotten nor forgiven.

How's the war going to end, though?

My guess it turns into a frozen conflict that Russia can use in the future. Ukraine will not be able to reclaim their territory and the separatists will never be recognized a real countries other than by Russia.

You want to put money on that?

Absolutely. If Ukraine ever returns to the Russian sphere of influence I'll eat my hat.

So wait, Putin offers Russian passports to Eastern Ukrainians... equivalent to the United States offering passports to Mexican dreamers.
How are you going to spin this into an invasion when this is actually an invitation? How are you going to spin this into an occupation or annexation (Crimea) when the people are given a choice to do this?

So wait, Putin offers Russian passports to Eastern Ukrainians... equivalent to the United States offering passports to Mexican dreamers.
How are you going to spin this into an invasion when this is actually an invitation? How are you going to spin this into an occupation or annexation (Crimea) when the people are given a choice to do this?
Uh, the border didnt cross the Mexican dreamers there chief. It would be like us invading Sonora after buying off the local governments and arming them to fight the Mexican soldiers after we tried to buy that government. And then suddenly in the middle of the night Baja California its suddenly flying the stars and bars after an election guarded by American soldiers and praised by Trump.

Still not sure how you believe that 90% of Crimea voted for that.

News is coming out this morning that Putin is now considering issuing Russian passports to all of Ukraine not just the occupied territories. This isn’t good folks, more creeping annexation.

Putin's model army! Married mother-of-one, 31, is crowned winner of bizarre beauty contest for Russian national guards

A 31-year-old married gun-toting ensign has won the a beauty contest in Vladimir Putin's national guards.

Mother-of-one Anna Khramtsova topped a list of 1,000-plus entrants for a Russian military force which reports directly to the Kremlin strongman.

12792866-6966917-image-a-44_1556379396331.jpg

Putin's model army! Mother-of-one, 31, crowned winner of beauty contest for Russian national guards | Daily Mail Online

My cursory following of the race indicates Zeleskiy has been very vague about his policies (see e.g., link above).

MUGA

VN Store

Back