Ukraine II: The Fight Against Russian Aggression

When I was there in 2011, people east of Poltava didn’t care at all for the EU, since their families were all transplants from Russia a generation before. In Kiev tho, it was more of a mixed bag. I think attitudes were more pro EU because they decided for some odd reason to host the Euro Cup there in 2012. I think all the stadium construction was a beard for the state dept to build a new embassy which I saw first hand (when I could see over the 15 ft barrier around the entire perimeter). And well, we know what they used that for.

When I was there in 2011, people east of Poltava didn’t care at all for the EU, since their families were all transplants from Russia a generation before. In Kiev tho, it was more of a mixed bag. I think attitudes were more pro EU because they decided for some odd reason to host the Euro Cup there in 2012. I think all the stadium construction was a beard for the state dept to build a new embassy which I saw first hand (when I could see over the 15 ft barrier around the entire perimeter). And well, we know what they used that for.

Just like in Georgia there is a new generation of Ukrainians who want nothing to do with Russia. Ukraine should be allowed to hold a referendum on joint NATO just like Macedonia.

Just like in Georgia there is a new generation of Ukrainians who want nothing to do with Russia. Ukraine should be allowed to hold a referendum on joint NATO just like Macedonia.

I can’t speak to what Georgia is like since I’ve never been and I only know one person from there. I should have been more clear in saying that the perception in the west of an anti Russia sentiment/appetite for a coup in Kiev was manufactured entirely, as with all revolutions.

But is what he writes accurate?
Well that BBC article is really sketchy (surprise surprise). Not sourced and falls right in line with that tired-ass Russian boogeyman narrative as stale as the Cold War. I guess I’ll read some more of his stuff, and get back to you.

Well that BBC article is really sketchy (surprise surprise). Not sourced and falls right in line with that tired-ass Russian boogeyman narrative as stale as the Cold War. I guess I’ll read some more of his stuff, and get back to you.
The Russians have been very sloppy with their foreign assassinations the last 10 years

Alright looks like he mostly talks about Eastern Europe foreign policy and Intelligence Community dealings. He drags the well-refuted orthodoxy on collusion, and is a big supporter of surveillance (even domestic). I’d say he gets off on the thought of the panopticon, and is a deluded moron.

VN Store

Back