Tyndall on the signees leaving.

Donovan? :no:

Of course not. I was just replying to ridiculous idea that those recruits we lost would have not played for any white coach - figured good way to make the point was to pick couple of famous great white coaches that pretty much everyone would probably want to play for.

I don't think so either but it could in year 2 and beyond.

It depends. You've got 2+ years to recruit those spots though.

Tyndall may think he can fill those spots with transfers, jucos, freshman released from other LOI's at other schools this year and then focus on the 2015 and 2016 classes.

Lots of time to replace these 3 or 4 guys. And if he isn't able to replace two unranked 3* and two 100+ ranked 3* over a couple years, we've got bigger problems.

At this point, one still can only speculate as to what transpired in conversation between CDT and players. Who knows but the best information we can get from these conversations will alway be 3rd hand, filtered, or skewed. Why waste time dwelling on it? We may never know. 3 out 4 are gone and maybe a 4th, it is what it is.

Paralysis of Analysis.

Reactions: 2 people
Do you think that the 4 signees coming in would be the difference in 15 wins and 20 wins?

I don't.

Do I think we have a better shot at winning 20 games with 11 scholarship players including the 4 signees verse 7 scholarship players without the 4 signees?

Absolutely, and not sure how anyone can argue otherwise.

Reactions: 2 people
Of course not. I was just replying to ridiculous idea that those recruits we lost would have not played for any white coach - figured good way to make the point was to pick couple of famous great white coaches that pretty much everyone would probably want to play for.

Ok! Worried me there for a minute...thought you had gone full Oskie. :)

We aren't going to have just 7 scholarship players.

That wasn't your question, and since you have no idea who he's gonna bring in you can't tell me.

Do I think our 7 scholarship players with the 4 signees had a better chance at winning 2@ games than our 7 scholarship players plus JUCOs the caliber of pops, Dwight and Edwards.

Once again, yes I do.

Reactions: 1 person
That wasn't your question, and since you have no idea who he's gonna bring in you can't tell me.

Do I think our 7 scholarship players with the 4 signees had a better chance at winning 2@ games than our 7 scholarship players plus JUCOs the caliber of pops, Dwight and Edwards.

Once again, yes I do.

He's not gonna come in and kick off current guys then bring in a bunch of Martin recruits. Talk about ruining chemistry. "Hey, Pops. Come in here. I know you just got here and are a junior with one year of eligibility remaining. How'd you like to start over for the third time in 2 years? No? Sorry, you don't have a choice." That would go over like a turd in a punch bowl.

Blow up the team that's here and then bring in 4 guys you didn't recruit? Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

The disconnect between you and me on this is that you think there is a bigger difference between the 4 signees and what Tyndall is going to bring in than I do. I don't see it. Especially in a one year scenario.

We'll see who he brings in. I'm betting he brings in a juco point guard that will be every bit as good as Larry would have been in year one. And I'm starting to think the two posts end up sticking around. We will see.

Also, imagine these kids end up at UT and don't like it because they don't get the playing time CCM may have promised them. Or they aren't used the way they'd hoped. As soon as things don't go their way, they will second guess their decision. They may not think that now, but it's very likely that's how it would have played out.

When the rosters are set I will gladly compare offer lists of who we added and the offers our signees got.

Any of the guys mentioned today as Tyndall recruiting have a UCLA offer?

How's the auburn coaching change worked out for their class?

They hired a guy much earlier than us that is very famous and all over ESPN.....What happened when Bruce was first hired here? Every recruit we had ended up somewhere else and we got Ryan Childress.

They hired a guy much earlier than us that is very famous and all over ESPN.....What happened when Bruce was first hired here? Every recruit we had ended up somewhere else and we got Ryan Childress.

What happened to Virginia Tech's recruiting class.

I can do this all day.

What happened to Virginia Tech's recruiting class.

I can do this all day.

Not sure if comparing a big name coach who was hired earlier is comparable but of course you know that. Also if memory serves correct that Virginia Tech has had at least one maybe more players ask out of their LOI's plus lost a transfer.

What happened to Tennessee's last two hires....Not a single recruit made it on campus.....I can do this all day too.

Not sure if comparing a big name coach who was hired earlier is comparable but of course you know that. Also if memory serves correct that Virginia Tech has had at least one maybe more players ask out of their LOI's plus lost a transfer.

What happened to Tennessee's last two hires....Not a single recruit made it on campus.....I can do this all day too.

Like I said, I wouldn't think you of all people would be ok with this.

When the rosters are set I will gladly compare offer lists of who we added and the offers our signees got.

Any of the guys mentioned today as Tyndall recruiting have a UCLA offer?

He has a UCLA offer yet wasn't recruited by the homestate school LSU. And I'll bet he doesn't end up at UCLA.

I'm guessing SMU or Houston.

What does Rob Lewis think of the loss?

What does Andrew Lopez?

What a DA question

It's only a DA question because you know the answer and you don't like it.

I can't believe that a guy who covers Louisiana recruiting as his job thinks more highly of this kid than Rob Lewis does. Shocker.

Never recruited by LSU. Yet UCLA wants him.....

VN Store

Back