Tyndall on the signees leaving.

you didn't post that players must've chosen USM because they weren't good enough to play elsewhere? You didn't post that the recruits just left because they didn't like Tyndall?

I did post that. What's your question? Are you saying that it's pure coincidence that all 4 of CMM recruits left as soon as Tyndall was announced? On the contrary - it's a fact they waited to see who is announced before they made their decisions to leave.
Do you actually seriously think those USM guys went there because they preferred USM over all those UK, UF, and other SEC offers they must have had but did not find attractive? :crazy:
Those are not assumptions - it simply connecting the dots from the facts that are readily available.
By the way, I have nothing against the new coach - actually liked the press conference - seems like a good guy who will try his best. Don't think he is an upgrade over CCM and certainly not over CBP, but I will be pulling for him as hard as I ever did for CCM and CBP.

Reactions: 1 person
The recruits bolting looks bad but that's why you hire someone with a good resume - you can have a little trust that they know what they're doing :crossfingers:

I did post that. What's your question? Are you saying that it's pure coincidence that all 4 of CMM recruits left as soon as Tyndall was announced? On the contrary - it's a fact they waited to see who is announced before they made their decisions to leave.
Do you actually seriously think those USM guys went there because they preferred USM over all those UK, UF, and other SEC offers they must have had but did not find attractive? :crazy:
Those are not assumptions - it simply connecting the dots from the facts that are readily available.
By the way, I have nothing against the new coach - actually liked the press conference - seems like a good guy who will try his best. Don't think he is an upgrade over CCM and certainly not over CBP, but I will be pulling for him as hard as I ever did for CCM and CBP.

Connect the dots. These guys were all recruited because they fit Cuonzo's system... Maybe Tyndall knows next year is a wash anyways.. Maybe he wants to be able to sell playing time to recruits during the next recruiting cycle.. Spend 4-5 scholarships on players that actually fit his system..

So maybe this timing is a result of Tyndall telling these kids that they don't fit his style of play.. I do really like Larry Austin though. I wish he would've stuck with us

Just a thought though. Who knows how this has really played out.

Assuming usm recruits can't play ball with the big boys, which is why they chose Usm, is stupid. Period.

Willie Carmichael had offers from Wichita State and Cincinnati. Gregg Marshall's eye for talent is as good as anyone's.

So maybe this timing is a result of Tyndall telling these kids that they don't fit his style of play.

But why would he go out of his way during the press conference to say he wanted them all to stay, and that 3 out of 4 he talked to initially indicated they were staying?

I assumed nothing at all - just pointed out the cold fact which is that all 4 waited and decommited right after they heard who we hired. Do you think if we announced Rick Pitino or Donovan they would have left or stayed and be perfectly happy to play for one of those white coaches?

Donovan? :no:

Seriously?? USM won 29 games this past year!! Other than Fla and UK, the SEC pretty much sucked this year. What do you think this is, football? You can't assume that schools from larger conferences are automatically better than smaller schools in basketball, unlike football.

Nobody thinks it's 'pure coincidence' these recruits left, but no reasonable adult thinks they left because they have some great insight the rest of us don't have. More than likely, they've just got caught up in the whole 'Cuonzo was disrespected' BS atmosphere. Who cares? They were a bunch of easily replaceable two/three star recruits anyway. CDT will find as good or better to fit his system fast.

Personally since that guy wrote that article that Tennessee and Missouri are basically racist for running off african american basketball coaches. Does that mean our signees who have asked out are racist for not wanting to play for a white coach? lol I kid but that racism tag on our school was ridiculous.

Not really. Maybe from your perspective but not from mine. That doesn't mean all the fans were like that but a lot of them are.

Seriously?? USM won 29 games this past year!! Other than Fla and UK, the SEC pretty much sucked this year. What do you think this is, football? You can't assume that schools from larger conferences are automatically better than smaller schools in basketball, unlike football.

Nobody thinks it's 'pure coincidence' these recruits left, but no reasonable adult thinks they left because they have some great insight the rest of us don't have. More than likely, they've just got caught up in the whole 'Cuonzo was disrespected' BS atmosphere. Who cares? They were a bunch of easily replaceable two/three star recruits anyway. CDT will find as good or better to fit his system fast.

I can tell you are from way deep deep deep south. Kids leave all the time cause off coaching stop acting like this is different.

They couldn't leave before a coach was named without having to seat out a year because they already sign a LOI. He could have been an a hole and not released them but he did the right thing and let them out.

I'm sure dad wants son in a good spot and really doesn't give a crap if that's UT or not. His father also happens to be very sick and has trouble getting around, so I could see Phil wanting to stay close to home.

Then if that's the case let him go. You can't blame someone for serious medical reasons to want to stay close to home. I know if that were me I would want to be close to my dad.

Personally since that guy wrote that article that Tennessee and Missouri are basically racist for running off african american basketball coaches. Does that mean our signees who have asked out are racist for not wanting to play for a white coach? lol I kid but that racism tag on our school was ridiculous.

Outstanding post

Don't think Chris Jones was coming if he had qualified. Steve Forbes recruited Jones, and obviously, he left as well.

That is sort of the way I remember it to. Once he had decided that he wasn't going to sail with Zo, he made no effort to become eligible, thus allowing him to go JUCO and follow Forbes, and then be free to sign with anyone he wanted afterwards.

Kind of a similar situation to Tyler Smith when he purposely didn't qualify out of high school as a means of circumventing Bruce Pearl's decision not to release him. Tyler went to prep school instead of JUCO if memory serves me correctly, and then Iowa for a year.

But why would he go out of his way during the press conference to say he wanted them all to stay, and that 3 out of 4 he talked to initially indicated they were staying?

That's the red flag IMO, all was good initially and changed very quickly.

That is sort of the way I remember it to. Once he had decided that he wasn't going to sail with Zo, he made no effort to become eligible, thus allowing him to go JUCO and follow Forbes, and then be free to sign with anyone he wanted afterwards.

Kind of a similar situation to Tyler Smith when he purposely didn't qualify out of high school as a means of circumventing Bruce Pearl's decision not to release him. Tyler went to prep school instead of JUCO if memory serves me correctly, and then Iowa for a year.

That's what I remember as well.

Jones wasn't coming here. He just never asked out. Pretty obvious that him and Martin didn't hit it off. Martin never recruited him from JUCO and he was a kid who was a UT fan.

That's the red flag IMO, all was good initially and changed very quickly.

It's no red flag at all.......recruits decommit all the time and ask out of their LOI when a coaching change happens....Plus add in the fact that other coaches come in and talk to recruits that are already signed trying to vulture them away from Tennessee.

Of course not. Only white people are capable of racism!

VN Store

Back