Tyndall on the signees leaving.

That's not being debated. What the lie is that Donnie told the players to look elsewhere. Freak's post showed that was a flat out lie.

You expected a coach to say, yea I told them they had to ask out of their LOI...you have that quote from Zo on Landry handy?

I don't think Cofer is going anywhere...He loves it at UT...Besides his dad would kill him lol

I'm sure dad wants son in a good spot and really doesn't give a crap if that's UT or not. His father also happens to be very sick and has trouble getting around, so I could see Phil wanting to stay close to home.

Not blaming Tyndall, but I don't ever remember one of our new coaches losing all of the upcoming recruits after a coaching change

Reactions: 1 person
I think we're all missing the key point of what he said here, no matter how coach speak it is.

He said "It is a privilege to play here."

I truly don't feel like we've had a coach that has thought that way in a while, in FB or BB. Ironically, it seems it's taken two midwesterners to see it.
Pearl said that, fulmer said that a lot, and I'm not 100% sure- but I'd put money on butch having said it as well.

Pearl said that, fulmer said that a lot, and I'm not 100% sure- but I'd put money on butch having said it as well.

Saying it and actually meaning it is 2 different things. I think he's referring to the latter
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I agree. If you dont want to be here for whatever reason here's your release.

It's not whatever reason - our new coach is the reason they don't want to be here. This was not even about CCM leaving or otherwise they would have decommited as soon as he announced he was leaving. Instead they decommited as soon as the new coach was announced - meaning they waited to see who we hire and were not impressed.

It's not whatever reason - our new coach is the reason they don't want to be here. This was not even about CCM leaving or otherwise they would have decommited as soon as he announced he was leaving. Instead they decommited as soon as the new coach was announced - meaning they waited to see who we hire and were not impressed.

Man, you assume too much and know too little.
Hey, I can do that too. They only wanted to play for a black coach and Donnie is white so they left. Didn't want racist kids anyway.

Making up stuff is pretty fun.

Reactions: 8 people
Man, you assume too much

I assumed nothing at all - just pointed out the cold fact which is that all 4 waited and decommited right after they heard who we hired. Do you think if we announced Rick Pitino or Donovan they would have left or stayed and be perfectly happy to play for one of those white coaches?

Not blaming Tyndall, but I don't ever remember one of our new coaches losing all of the upcoming recruits after a coaching change

Coach pearl?.....Zo? How much further back do we have to go? LOL

I assumed nothing at all - just pointed out the cold fact which is that all 4 waited and decommited right after they heard who we hired. Do you think if we announced Rick Pitino or Donovan they would have left or stayed and be perfectly happy to play for one of those white coaches?

you didn't post that players must've chosen USM because they weren't good enough to play elsewhere? You didn't post that the recruits just left because they didn't like Tyndall?

From Patrick Brown

nice for a coach to be honest and tell it like it is...

coaches are free to leave at any moment however the athletes are locked in.........loved how he said that it was a privilege that he was at UT.

if they want to leave so be it.....

All would have left if we hired Rick Pitino or Donovan because they would both say that none fit their systems.

Reactions: 2 people
Also, Bruce Pearl.

(To be fair though, Martin didn't really lose Chris Jones, he just didn't qualify. Jones would've still been a Vol if he had the grades.)

Don't think Chris Jones was coming if he had qualified. Steve Forbes recruited Jones, and obviously, he left as well.

That's the truth. Now, there are some cases where guys pick a school and not a coach, but majority go because of a coach. Its like having a hot bartender at your favorite bar, she leaves you don't really want to go there as much as you did before.

Thank you for putting your perspective in language I can clearly understand. Think I'll go grab a drink!

VN Store

Back