Tyndall on the signees leaving.

He gave us our first top 25 ranking this year in what, 4+ years? This was his best recruiting class by far IMO overall, so yea I think it's fair to say we were headed in that direction. Agree to disagree though

In the middle of the season u were getting down on Zo....nothing I saw changes my mind.

In the middle of the season u were getting down on Zo....nothing I saw changes my mind.

I was down on where we were at that point, but if you recall continued to think we would make a run, and we did.

I feel like he was improving as a coach, and we would've continued to climb as a program, but we will never know.

What I don't want to happen is to get worse as a program. Even in the mess that Martin inherited he still never won less than 19 games, which kept the program from ever falling off the map completely. I'm hoping Tyndall can do the same, keep the program afloat and relevant, and by year 2-3 have them competing for Sweet 16's as well.

Reactions: 1 person
I was down on where we were at that point, but if you recall continued to think we would make a run, and we did.

I feel like he was improving as a coach, and we would've continued to climb as a program, but we will never know.

What I don't want to happen is to get worse as a program. Even in the mess that Martin inherited he still never won less than 19 games, which kept the program from ever falling off the map completely. I'm hoping Tyndall can do the same, keep the program afloat and relevant, and by year 2-3 have them competing for Sweet 16's as well.

You don't even come close to sounding like it....you sound like a huge fan of a coach...Zo did not walk into a mess.....it was a team that had golden...McRae.....Maymon....and got stokes middle of first yr....I wasn't a huge fan of the Zo hire bc I am not a huge fan of gene keady and his coaching tree....nothing that happened changed my opinion of what Zo would be able to accomplish here.

I'm not celebrating the hire of DT but I like it better than the Zo hire at the time I will give him three yrs to show what kind of program he can build just like I did Zo.

You don't even come close to sounding like it....you sound like a huge fan of a coach...Zo did not walk into a mess.....it was a team that had golden...McRae.....Maymon....and got stokes middle of first yr....I wasn't a huge fan of the Zo hire bc I am not a huge fan of gene keady and his coaching tree....nothing that happened changed my opinion of what Zo would be able to accomplish here.

I'm not celebrating the hire of DT but I like it better than the Zo hire at the time I will give him three yrs to show what kind of program he can build just like I did Zo.

That's funny because I'm pretty sure the first "I don't like this guy" or "he's not gonna get it done here" or "he should be fired" comment about Zo came from you before season 3 even began.

And sure, Zo inherited McRae, Maymon and Golden.

Tyndall inherits Hubbs and Richardson who have both shown a lot more than the 3 above did combined.

Compare the returning numbers each got, it's almost identical.

Last edited:
That's funny because I'm pretty sure the first "I don't like this guy" or "he's not gonna get it done here" or "he should be fired" comment about Zo came from you before season 3 even began.

And sure, Zo inherited McRae, Maymon and Golden.

Tyndall inherits Hubbs and Richardson who have both shown a lot more than the 3 above did combined.

Compare the returning numbers each got, it's almost identical.

I never said I don't like this guy or that he should be fired unless it was a return sarcastic comment....I did state he would not get it done here which I think would have been proven in yr four and beyond

I do think DT could possibly get something done this yr if hubbs is healthy bc we have a decent nucleus......I'm worried about our inside game though bc even Kenny Hall is much better than what we have. Hopefully DT is like Pearl in being able to put players in positions to succeed that most coaches would overlook.

We can argue this all day if you wanna and neither can prove the other wrong so there's no point.

I said 100 times this year I thought next years team was a 20+ win team, and that's what I truly believed.

And if Tyndall keeps targeting c-USA players the roster could look worse than Zo's year 4, as you were always adamant about, gotta get top 100 players and no NCAAT means failed season.

I'm glad to see you say this. Finally nice to see you admit you were wrong about Zo all along.

Tyndall will need to step up recruiting if he wants to compete for championships. But like Zo, and any other first year coach, well, ever, he'll get a pass this year.

How would keeping Q and using a scholarship on him be getting his own players?

Really? Josh Richardson should be let go too with that line of thinking. He has six schollies to use to bring in his guys and work with them. Come on man. You are not that stupid to be bringing that kind of weak sauce.

I never said I don't like this guy or that he should be fired unless it was a return sarcastic comment....I did state he would not get it done here which I think would have been proven in yr four and beyond

I do think DT could possibly get something done this yr if hubbs is healthy bc we have a decent nucleus......I'm worried about our inside game though bc even Kenny Hall is much better than what we have. Hopefully DT is like Pearl in being able to put players in positions to succeed that most coaches would overlook.

Decent nucleus?

Hubbs and Richardson and hoping to God somebody steps up in the interior and at PG are literally all we have right now.

That's fine, because IMO Martin's philosophy was working. IMO Tyndall's philosophy isn't going to produce 19+ wins this year....FACT.

So something that hasn't even transpired yet is a fact? And you question others people logic? Funny his "plan" has managed to produce 19+ win seasons multiple times in 8 yrs.

Amazing how people still defend Cwonzo. I'm happy he is gone as should everyone else. We were 1 more loss away from missing the NCAA Tournement and if that happened, he would have been fired. He underperformed like hell the past 2 seasons considering the talent we had. Yea we made it to the sweet 16, but it was by beating the mighty schools of Umass & Mercer. DT is a big upgrade over him and the Cwonzo defenders will finally realize this once he establishes his system.

Reactions: 2 people
Coach Zo did exactly what he needed to slide by the minimum. Just stayed under the radar. When controversy came, he skated. Minimum standards were his high. He is gone, not much to say and no need to defend because beyond last Tuesday it is woulda, coulda, shoulda based on opinions.

I hope he wins multi national championships here and has a statue build outside of TBA. How come those that were critical of CCM's philosophy didn't have their "fan card" questioned?

It's the same thing everytime there's a new hire, go look at the talk about Dooley when he was hired. The majority of the board was all on board thinking he was gonna bring UT back to the promised land and be the best thing since sliced bread.

It happens with every hire, it's like some rule that you have to blindly support the new coach or you're not a VFL.

I hope to everything he does great here, and like I said above win multiple championships. I just am not real fond of how it appeared he was gonna do things, bringing in 5+ JUCOs in year 1. However he has since clarified somewhat what his plan is and it's a bit more appealing. I still question if he can land 5-6 SEC level players at this point of the recruiting season, but maybe he's got a better eye for talent than other coaches.

As I've already said, if he wins doing it this way I will tip my cap to him and admit that I was wrong, and be happy to do so.

You WERE one of the questioners...on a regular basis...consistently regular basis...if this is a "shoe is on the other foot" type of revenge power play,tap into that vein of fair play you used to defend Cuonzo's tenure by letting Tyndall coach at LEAST ONE SEASON.

VN Store

Back